Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Go into Clockwork Recovery, delete cache, reboot. Generally when upgrading/switching ROMs in Android using Clockwork, it's advised you clear your cache at the very least prior to installing/updating. Try that then reupdate CM7 and see if that helps.

/edit: Added emphasis for anyone else experiencing the same issue.
    thanks. this seemed to have worked. I was having problems were there was a delay in opening even the settings.
    Anyone got market and FB force close?
    Quote Originally Posted by xman953 View Post
    Anyone got market and FB force close?
    Install FakeGPS from the Market and run it. There's no GPS in a non-3G Touchpad, and some apps look for a GPS. This fixes the problem. The Flickr app also FCs because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    thanks. this seemed to have worked. I was having problems were there was a delay in opening even the settings.
    I had a LOT of experience with ROM-switching when I had my Viewsonic G-Tablet running various flavors of Android 2.2 and 2.3, finally settling on CM7. That is, before I sold it to buy a launch day Touchpad. Just passing on my knowledge.
    Hi intrepid droids, got a question for the more experienced here, trying to get reddita from the market but says not compatible with this device, seems to be a screen Res issue, anyone know how do get a honeycomb optimized app to install, apparently it works fine if you sideload it
    tia

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    Hi intrepid droids, got a question for the more experienced here, trying to get reddita from the market but says not compatible with this device, seems to be a screen Res issue, anyone know how do get a honeycomb optimized app to install, apparently it works fine if you sideload it
    tia

Rick
    Install Marketplace Patch to allow all apps
    Download this zip: Download update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-marketfix-Flemmard.zip for free on Filesonic.com
    Install using the ClockworkMod method mentioned in this post.
    Install Facebook, Dolphin Browser HD, etc.
    Thanks to ReviewHorizon.com

How to Install Google Market & Apps on CM7 Alpha TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Install Marketplace Patch to allow all apps
    Download this zip: Download update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-marketfix-Flemmard.zip for free on Filesonic.com
    Install using the ClockworkMod method mentioned in this post.
    Install Facebook, Dolphin Browser HD, etc.
    Thanks to ReviewHorizon.com

How to Install Google Market & Apps on CM7 Alpha TouchPad
    Ta barrysanders but I did install this already and that then gave me access to dolphin etc which it would not see before, this however seems to be a different issue, I can see the app but market will not allow it to be installed
    Can anyone go into movies in the market and try and view a trailer and tell me if it works for them? I assume that if that works then the movies themselves will work. (Thats if you have the altered video app). This is one of the only reasons I want Android on my tablet. Offline viewing of rented movies. I have been able to get the movies to DL offline but cannot get them to play correctly. They are all garbled, or just spin and never start up.
    Wow, that changelog seems to address all my problems.
    I've dropped my min back to 192mhz after Installing 2.1. No SOD so far.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    To those above suggesting the Market Fix, it sounds to me that this already incorporates the fix in alpha 2, doesn't it?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    Can anyone go into movies in the market and try and view a trailer and tell me if it works for them? I assume that if that works then the movies themselves will work. (Thats if you have the altered video app). This is one of the only reasons I want Android on my tablet. Offline viewing of rented movies. I have been able to get the movies to DL offline but cannot get them to play correctly. They are all garbled, or just spin and never start up.
    I just looked through the market and couldn't find any movies or movie trailers, are they US only ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    To those above suggesting the Market Fix, it sounds to me that this already incorporates the fix in alpha 2, doesn't it?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    I just looked through the market and couldn't find any movies or movie trailers, are they US only ?
    Yes, I assume they are. I went ahead and updated. Still having issues with movies through the market though. It's strange, the interwebs evolve from developing crazy ways of downloading copyrighted movies for free, to having to find a workaround to rent movies on a rooted device! Yes, I want to LEGALLY rent a movie GOOGLE! (I know it's not Google, it's the movie studios. But still.)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Did anyone else lose their Google search bar on the home screen after updating to 2.1? I added the Google search widget by long pressing the desktop, but it seems different. Was the original one black or white? Could you type in the bar without opening the app like "just type"? What I have now show a bar but just works like a shortcut. The bar is useless.

Anyone know how I can get the old one back?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    very easy update!
    Last edited by m a r k; 10/19/2011 at 11:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Is the data wipe problem actually fixed? The readme just says they tried to address it...
    Quote Originally Posted by m a r k View Post
    Any report on the data wipe? Will all my stuff be there after i upgrade?
    I've just installed Alpha 2.1 and all my data is intact (N64, snes roms, pdfs, movies etc).

Not had an issue of any kind in my brief play, it's looking really good.

With this an ICS on the horizon ... man ...
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    tia

Rick
    do you have another android device? if you do, install your app, install titanium backup, then back the app up inside titanium backup. you can then send the file (email/wifi/bt) or copy it via usb to your touchpad and install (restore) it from within titanium backup.

if you have access to the apk, you can also just use adb and do "adb install <filename>.apk" and it will install it. if you don't have adb then you can transfer the apk to your touchpad and install it with a file manager.

if none of that works let me know and I'll help you out
    Quote Originally Posted by sm007h View Post
    do you have another android device? if you do, install your app, install titanium backup, then back the app up inside titanium backup. you can then send the file (email/wifi/bt) or copy it via usb to your touchpad and install (restore) it from within titanium backup.

if you have access to the apk, you can also just use adb and do "adb install <filename>.apk" and it will install it. if you don't have adb then you can transfer the apk to your touchpad and install it with a file manager.

if none of that works let me know and I'll help you out
    sm007h great idea, but i do not have other android stuff to make the purchase, really need this app reddita to make the touchdroid complete, well that and a decent mail client, man the built in one is awful, question, what are other people using for a mail client? anything on a par with the webos one?
    I have been running alpha 2 now for 24 hours with no SOD after setting my CPU back to 192 MHz. Battery life is improved, wifi is more stable, wake from sleep is uneventful (good) .

Market didn't need to be patched as I was able to see Opera mobile (my favourite browser) on first boot after clean instal (cache and dalvilk wiped, permissions fixed) - I could only see opera mini with alpha 1 unpatched.

But ....what's this?......Hold the phone, I accidently pressed the. apk for plants vs zombies HD in restoring my apps which didn't work under alpha1, relegating me and my kids to slumming it with the phone low Def version of the game.

OMG!!! (as my kids would say) . It WORKS! The sound is so much better, The zombies more.,...you get the picture. Apparantly this is a big deal.

My question - How are these tablet based programs which I was unable to get running on my viewsonic gtab running a "tablet " OS (honeycomb) working on the touchpad using a "phone " OS?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast