Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Three Questions:

1. If I installed the CM7 Android port, can I safely upgrade to 3.0.4 or will there be a problem if I upgrade?

2. It looks like Uberkernel does not work on 3.0.4 right now, but should I wait off for compatibility?

3. Finally, should we un-install all our patches before upgrading?

Thank you!
    It always takes a few days for patches, kernals, apps, etc... to get updated to the new OS version.

You don't need to uninstall patches before updating, but SHOULD uninstall any themes first.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It always takes a few days for patches, kernals, apps, etc... to get updated to the new OS version.

You don't need to uninstall patches before updating, but SHOULD uninstall any themes first.
    deffo on the themes, tho soem lucky ppl like myself updated last time with the touchpad glass theme on and had no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

Will we be notified via PreCentral as each patch or kernal gets updated to the new webOS?
    There's usually a bunch of threads that pop up. But the best thing is to simply watch the developer threads, or just open Preware and it will tell you if there are updates to install.
    The new upgrade kills the ability to boot into Android. It won't allow you to get to the boot manager and will boot directly into WebOS. I'm going to try to reload it later.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Several posts in some of the android threads on other forums. The Android installation is fine, you just need to reinstall via the ACME Installer the thing needed to boot (meboot, moboot what ever it was called), not the full install.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Thanks Karey.

For those that have problem multi-booting after 3.0.4, follow this tutorial. It assumes you already have novacom and ACMEinstaller in the Palm Inc folder.

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?...S-3.0.4-update
    Last edited by barrysanders20; 10/18/2011 at 07:08 PM.