Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    The screenshot in the post should be what you see:

There is a little toggle tab near the top that expands and hides the left panel. If it's just a single panel on the TP, then maybe it's using something the Viewsonic had that the TP doesn't, not sure.
    I am using the firefox mobile nightly on the CM7 touchpad and have not booted into webos since. I hated the bouncing webos browser.

Firefox Nightly Builds

For flash I use the stock browser on android.
    I only use cm7 for tunein radio. The touchpad version doesn't support the station I listen to. Other than that, webOS about 95% of the time. I seem to be the only one that likes the webOS browser. CM7 has had no freezes for me and no issues other than choppy GUI due to no 2d acceleration.

As much as I like Android, I really like the way webOS works, especially with the card system.
    I've only booted into webos once since installing the CM7 Alpha the day it was released, and that was only to test out that it still worked.
    i think enyo will be open sourced. Look what @webosdev posted - if they outsource it then with phonegap, webos like apps could be ported to other platforms. That would be cool for moving existing apps (if they opensource mojo too)

The only thing I would miss then is the card view (ICS has something sort of like this I hear). I'm going to install CM7 now and see how I like it.

http://t.co/X3HN0H6B
    I've been having a lot of fun messing around with CM7 but I spend 90+% of my time on WebOS. Most of that is reading comics with Comic Shelf HD but after installing the PDF Reader package that give you bookmarks, GoToPage and better resolution, I've been reading some books as well.

I've been using CM7 for Evernote, Tumblr, Blogger, SugarSync, Dropbox and Pulse News so far.
    Former Sprint Pre user and HP Touchpad owner. I no longer have a need to boot into WebOS.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Only boot to CM7 to use netflix. I wish the quality was better, but at least it is accessible now from the TP. Mostly watch an Amazon Prime movie instead via webOS.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
  9. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Its useful. I've been booting back and forth. I really want ICS to come out. CM7 is good but its also pretty buggy so far. Not everything works 100%. Here's hoping for an ICS port! I heard google released the SDK.
    I haven't booted back into webos once I installed alpha 2 and probably will never do so again.
    I haven't booted back into android since dungeon defenders came out on pc this week as far as reading books in PDF form goes, you might also consider trying to convert it to a format that the kindle reader can work with. That's far more handy to me than a PDF no matter what PDF reader

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    CM7 is still pretty ugly resolution wise. It just doesn't look right on the TP since its meant to be for phones. ICS please
    alpha 2.7 of cm7 is already awesome!! Just got it up and running!! Played the following which I couldn't on webos and I have the best of both worlds:

1. cut the rope - plays awesome on CM7 touchpad
    2. citrix - works awesome!! (use menu key to activate keyboard in your citrix session). This is much more stable that ubuntu thru webos which is cumbersome and wasn't 100% compatible

To clean install CM7 onto webos 3.0.4: I followed this link and substituted alpha2 zip installed of the alpha 1 zip

When copying to cminstall folder on the TP, you have to include 2 more files (total of 3 zips go there):
    update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip
    moboot_0.3.3.zip
    update-cm-7.1.0-tenderloin-a2.1-fullofbugs.zip

Read this tutorial also which has the links to the files: http://www.howtogeek.com/76960/how-t...r-hp-touchpad/

It took me a second to figure out how to get the google apps (android market). Use this link once CM7 installed:
    video tutorial:

basically download gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip from the link in the youtube description and put that in the downloads folder, and follow instructions in the video!

QUESTION: Has anyone found a BT keyboard for CM7 - will the HP one work?

Also just donated to Cyangenomod!! (http://www.cyanogenmod.com/)
    Yes, the HP one works, hit pairing mode on both devices, and enter "0000" and hit Return

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The biggest problem for me at the moment is that the wifi keeps dropping out, otherwise I am getting a lot more use out of it - leaving aside games (which the other half likes a lot), I am using it a lot for PDFs and also for using evernote (which has a proper tablet app) and also Zinio - all work fine.

Otherwise I'd say it is fairly stable.
    Incredibly stable. The only issue I've noticed is that if I don't use wifi for a long period of time, sometimes I have to toggle the wifi widget on and off to remind it that I'm using wifi. Not a big deal imo. Otherwise it runs better than the 'stable' version of CM on my phone.

I love WebOS... but after having access to widgets, homescreens, gmail, youtube, words with friends and the giant app store, i haven't had the slightest urge to go back to WebOS. I just miss swiping away apps Otherwise, this was such a no brainer.

oh and NETFLIX AND HULUPLUS!!!! Those alone made this worth switching. No more bs. Just dedicated apps.
    Last edited by sinistersai4d; 10/26/2011 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    CM7 is still pretty ugly resolution wise. It just doesn't look right on the TP since its meant to be for phones. ICS please
    Disagree. This is the tablet rendition (tablet mode) of CM which looks surprisingly like Honeycomb. Slapped on launcher pro... made it so my icons were closer together (8 rows x 8 columns instead of 5x5) and resized some widgets and the thing looks just like Honeycomb.

Yes I wish it was ICS.. but this doesn't look like a giant version of your phone unless you want it to. Love the customization of Android.
    Its horrifically ugly and the learning curve is steep. Webos you just pick up, android you learn.,

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Its horrifically ugly and the learning curve is steep. Webos you just pick up, android you learn.,

Apparently, 500,000 people a day choose to "pick up and learn" Android...

You do realize that millions of people (most likely less interested in talking about phones/tablets on a day-to-day basis than people in these forums) are happy android users. They haven't had too hard of a go of it. How do you think that makes your comments look in relation?

-Suntan
    The beauty of Android is that you don't have to learn a thing. If you just want a phone to call/text on and to run some apps, it's easy as an iPhone. If you want to go deeper, you can do that too. I showed a couple of friends last month how they can log in to their Gmail accounts on their computers and add photos to their contacts, and it'd show up automatically on their phones (I hate trying to do any contact management on a phone ...). They were fine not knowing it, but once they learned it, they were obsessed with adding photos to every one of their non-Facebook contacts.

Anyway, point is, Android only has a learning curve if you want it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinistersai4d View Post
    I love WebOS... but after having access to widgets, homescreens, gmail, youtube, words with friends and the giant app store, i haven't had the slightest urge to go back to WebOS. I just miss swiping away apps
    ICS will come soon, and there is a dedicated apps button. Press that, and your running apps will pop up, and if you want to swipe them away, that functionality is now there, even though memory management in Android makes that redundant. True, it's not the same as being in the app and swiping it away, but with Android, there is no need for that, so it's not there -- the new swiping in the running apps list is just to make people feel like they are achieving something by "quitting" apps.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast