Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ncinerate
  1.    #1  
    Since we're still dealing with an alpha I just thought I'd start up a quick thread where everyone can dump their little fixes that they are using to make the most of android. Bear in mind these fixes may be rendered unnecessary as new updated builds hit the scene.

I'll start:

1:

There's a small patch/fix if you're experiencing an unresponsive (but otherwise lit up) touchscreen after powering on the touchpad from sleep:
    Issue 94 - cmtouchpad - Touchscreen unresponsive after sleep - Android port for HP Touchpad - Google Project Hosting

2:

Setting minimum cpu to 384 or higher seems to solve/help alleviate the sleep-of-death issues.

3:

The bluetooth HP touchpad keyboard has improperly mapped arrow keys. This little patch fixes that, and remaps the keyboard's keys to match up to android (giving you a home key instead of a cards key, for example, and making the power button work).
    Issue 73 - cmtouchpad - Bluetooth keyboard directional buttons mapped only for portrait - Android port for HP Touchpad - Google Project Hosting

4:

To get the touchstone to work (this also seems to speed up web browsing) go into:

settings >
    wireless and networks >
    mobile networks >
    data enabled - TURN THIS OFF

5:

Some apps etc don't work due to lack of GPS in the touchpad - install fake gps from the app catalog and you can set a fake location. Everything will work.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Fix for apps that don't appear in Android Market ( for Android on TouchPad )
    Yay! Now we have access to all the apps in the Market, here are the steps to fix this:
    Download the update file here: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    Hook your device up to your computer and place it on the root of the SD Card
    Boot your device into recovery mode by holding down the power button>reboot>recovery
    Once in recovery, use the volume buttons to scroll and the home key to select
    Go to "install zip from sdcard">"choose zip from sdcard">select the update file>select "yes"
    After that is installed, press the power button to go back to the main menu and hit the home button to reboot the device
    You're done! Now you don't have to side load the apps!
    After the install is complete, press the power button to go back to the main menu, and tap home to reboot your system.

EDIT : More info added. If you still cannot access some apps after doing the above, follow these instructions.
    1. Go to Market and hit back button go to Settings > Applications > Manage Apps.
    2. Press "All" on top tab and scroll down to "Market" press it and you will find three options press "Clear Cache" and "Force Stop" respectively, leave "Clear Data" alone.
    3. Press back button to the "All" menu again and Scroll up until you see Google Services Framework, press it and you will find two options Press "Clear Data" > OK and after that press "Force Stop" respectively.
    4. Press back button to desktop and press "Market" may be you will get an error (that is good)!
    5. Now reboot your Touchpad and hit "Market" again and do search for your favorites Apps which were missing previously. Just make sure to do that in ORDER.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    If you want Zinio

xda-developers - View Single Post - Original .apk files here

Also you can fix a lot of force-closes by going into the Rom Manager and selecting "fix permissions" and let it run.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    2:

Setting minimum cpu to 384 or higher seems to solve/help alleviate the sleep-of-death issues.
    Are you using SetCPU? If I go to performance under Cyanogen Mod settings and click Min CPU frequency I just get a blank list come up with no options to change the frequency, same goes for Max.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Setting minimum CPU speed didn't work for me. Still getting SoD. Really too bad. I can deal with the rest.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    5:
    Some apps etc don't work due to lack of GPS in the touchpad - install fake gps from the app catalog and you can set a fake location. Everything will work.
    Can't it use localisation via wifi, like with webOS?
    I'm holding off a bit longer before installing Android on my Touchpad.
    I am confuse, is number 1 the "sleep of dealth"?
    Anyone notices the battery drain problem? My battery drains about 10% overnight on CM7, but it only drains 3% on WebOS?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xman953 View Post
    I am confuse, is number 1 the "sleep of dealth"?
    Anyone notices the battery drain problem? My battery drains about 10% overnight on CM7, but it only drains 3% on WebOS?
    Battery drop is a documented flaw, they are working on getting the device to properly sleep without eating battery. It's a work in progress .

Issue 1 isnt the sleep of death, it's the no-touchscreen-on-wakeup problem. Although it may actually fix the SOD as well, try it.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Not a fix, but a STRONG suggestion given we're all running pre-Alpha:

Download Titanium Backup. Then buy the 'Pro' version license and support the developer. It's well worth it. You can not only back up all your settings and apps manually or based on a schedule of your choosing, you can sync it to Dropbox in case something catastrophic happens to your CM7 install. If you have to reinstall CM7 from scratch, just re-download Titanium Backup and the license you purchased from the Market, enter your Dropbox creds, and sync--your apps and settings come back as you left it the last time you sync'd.

It's saved my **** more times than I can count when I was messing with the Viewsonic G-Tablet's various ROMs prior to buying my Touchpad, and I cannot recommend it enough.
    Sehr gespannt
    Please start using the following forum for discussing the Android porting:

HP Touchpad - Android Forums