Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By somline
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By hulickr
  1.    #1  
    Since I needed the default to be webOS I changed it:

make /boot writable:
    mount -o remount,rw /boot

Use your preferred editor and change "CyanogenMod" to "webOS" in the file /boot/moboot.default.

make /boot read only:
    mount -o remount,ro /boot

Now webOS is the default OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post

make /boot writable:

Use your preferred editor and change "CyanogenMod" to "webOS" in the file /boot/moboot.default.

make /boot read only:

That's the first things I did on my touchpad after android install. I'm not offended by going straight to android, but since it's not currently a rock-solid build I'd rather have it booting into webOS.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    this may just make me take the plunge
    Thanks for this! Took about 30 seconds!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Handy tip!
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    Hm after this I might get to install android just for zinio
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I was still a bit onboard webOS until I noticed the the video playback issues in android can be mostly fixed by switching to software mode... Now webOS is pretty much dead to me. I mean my FAVORITE app on webOS--the one I was most excited to have and most endeared me to my TouchPad purchase... well there's at least two better ones on android. I guess webOS is still the better platform to play Angry Birds (not my thing, lol) on right now, but other than that... =/
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post

make /boot writable:

make /boot read only:

Thanks for the info. Being a noob, I had a hard time figuring out how to edit the file. I finally figured out that I could do it with Internalz after turning on Master mode at the bottom of preferences. It works perfectly now. I still use webOS 90% of the time so this is better for me.
    Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaatttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very, very thanks!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Or download this little app. Install with Internalz or Preware. Thought it was pretty cool.

[Beta] An App To Manage Moboot Settings From Inside Webos - RootzWiki

EDIT: I guess there is a problem installing this ipk with Preware, so use Internalz or WOSQI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post

??
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Just refreshed my Touchpad with TPToolbox and JCsullins cm11 and the default boot went to android. Wanted to reset default to WebOS still, but had long forgotten exactly where to go or what to edit.
    This post was perfectly timed
    Roy

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
    Preemptive likes this.