Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Ok so i got android running and dont want it anymore even though i have the dual boot. So when i plug my touchpad into my compuer to run the doctor it gets to 8% and tablet boots up into hp logo then the doctor says cannot restore device what should i do?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    That's why people shouldn't experiment with alpha releases. Right now the only reason I'd dual boot android is to obtain usb host functionality for cameras and sd cards/usb drives if preware don't do it first.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  3.    #3  
    how do i get a uImage from the doctor?
  4.    #4  
    I wanna get rid of it just dont know how to get the uImage from the doctor?
    There's a reason why the CyanogenMod team has said repeatedly in bright neon letters to everyone that they'd rather people not even install it in the first place, especially n00bs to the internals of Android. Unless you really know what you're doing from a technical standpoint when something goes wrong, you stand to brick your unit--and as a result your webOS experience. People that have significant experience with Android will fare much better as they're already aware of most things that can go awry and usually fix them.

It should be said yet again for anyone that's not dead-set on getting Android or absolutely has to ensure access to their webOS install: DO NOT INSTALL THIS. If you're not sure whether you want Android or not and have no idea what you're doing with Android technicals if something goes wrong (or you want to reverse the install), save yourself the grief and please wait until the CM7 team smooths out the install/uninstall processes.
    Biggnaa20 likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    It should be said yet again for anyone that's not dead-set on getting Android: DO NOT INSTALL THIS. If you're not sure whether you want Android or not, save yourself the grief and just wait until the CM7 team smooths out the install/uninstall processes.

There's a reason why the CyanogenMod team has said repeatedly in bright neon letters to everyone that they'd rather people not even install it in the first place, no matter the experience level. Unless you really know what you're doing from a technical standpoint when something goes wrong, you stand to brick your unit--and as a result your webOS experience.

I know exactly what im doing with linux and i got it to doctor lets see if it completes.
    In that case, Godspeed and good luck.
  8.    #8  
    It worked yayyy.
    keplenk likes this.
    What didn't you like about the Android port, just curious?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    It worked yayyy.
    Mind sharing how did you did it?

Did the partition CM7 used got removed as well?

Thanks
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    What didn't you like about the Android port, just curious?
    I just think the whole OS is a clutter of garbage compared to webOS.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Mind sharing how did you did it?

Did the partition CM7 used got removed as well?

Thanks
    I just downloaded the doctor onto my laptop instead of my pc and it worked there.
    I just think the whole OS is a clutter of garbage compared to webOS.
    Fair enough. It does look rather ugly, but I think only because it's the phone version stretched out.

But what about the apps that Android has (games etc..) do they not appeal to you?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    Fair enough. It does look rather ugly, but I think only because it's the phone version stretched out.

But what about the apps that Android has (games etc..) do they not appeal to you?
    I was a long time android user when it was small like 10000-15000 apps but now everyone has android and its just not my thing to have the same phone/OS as them. The apps now are great maybe when its out of alpha i will reinstall.
  15.    #15  
    When i ran the doctor webOS booted right up.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/16/2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: quoted text deleted
  16.    #16  
    Its pretty easy just to format the usb drive.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/16/2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: quoted text deleted
  17.    #17  
    formatting from the computer would I'm pretty sure.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/16/2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: quoted text deleted
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mannersless View Post
    No and there is no official uninstall guide. According to the developers that is not their concern at this point. There are other guides on how to remove partitions from other type of installs but if I were you I would wait. Losing 2GB of available space isn't going to kill you.

Sent from my HP Touchpad
    I have to agree with mannerless here. *IF* the CM7 install made a SEPARATE partition, a simple USB format will NOT remove that partition. That is very basic knowledge.

So my next question is, how can we get rid of that partition? Is it similar to the Ubuntu UNinstall (the one that takes some space?)

Thanks
    formatting from the computer would I'm pretty sure.
    not true....sorry.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20.    #20  
    I know it won't kill me still have 25gb so I'm good.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast