Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    For anyone wanting to remove the CM partitions you can try the steps below. I haven't tried this because I am not ready to remove CM yet but it should work.

NOTE: You should run WebOS Doctor to restore your webOS installation before running this.

1. Boot the TP into webOS
    2. Using novaterm or the WOSQI command line run
    Code:
    lvscan
    This should reveal all of the partitions on the device including:
    Code:
    /dev/store/cm-system
    /dev/store/cm-cache
    /dev/store/cm-data
    3. Now kill the cryptofs process and umount (no n) the CM partitions if they are mounted (they shouldn't be) with the commands:
    Code:
    pkill -SIGUSR1 cryptofs

umount /dev/store/cm-system
    umount /dev/store/cm-cache
    umount /dev/store/cm-data
    4. Now umount the cryptofs and internal partitions by executing:
    Code:
    umount /media/cryptofs
    umount /media/internal
    5. Remove the cm partitions with:
    Code:
    lvremove /dev/store/cm-system
    lvremove /dev/store/cm-cache
    lvremove /dev/store/cm-data
    6. Resize the webos partition to fill the missing space with:
    Code:
    lvresize -l +100%FREE /dev/mapper/store-media
    7. Once this finishes do a full restart of the TP

If at any point something doesn't look right stop and post the message you are seeing in this thread.

If this works or doesn't work for you please post your results here for the benefit of others.
    Last edited by kjhenrie; 10/17/2011 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added note for WebOS Doctor
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Soorma and DeadVim like this.
    The post above should be a sticky. I have not installed android but I recognize you have done a great service for the community.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    The post above should be a sticky. I have not installed android but I recognize you have done a great service for the community.
    Thanks.
    Thanks, once someone validates this and any necessary adjustments are made I can move it into a top level thread. I have seen a few people ask in different threads so that will make it easier to find.

I sure hope a lot of people end up using this .
    If you like my work on Kindle Import and the Calibre WebOS plugin and want to contribute toward improvements and future WebOS projects.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    Thanks, once someone validates this and any necessary adjustments are made I can move it into a top level thread. I have seen a few people ask in different threads so that will make it easier to find.

You are THE man. I also saw this on Everything About Tablets and then your post too. They both work flawlessly. I have about 27.3 gb, does that sound right?

The reason I uninstalled was because it kept taking my HPMusic folder and hiding it somewhere. I know it wasn't erasing it because the "Other" tab in HP Play kept getting bigger as this folder kept disappearing. Any others get this weird behavior?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    You are THE man. I also saw this on Everything About Tablets and then your post too. They both work flawlessly. I have about 27.3 gb, does that sound right?

The reason I uninstalled was because it kept taking my HPMusic folder and hiding it somewhere. I know it wasn't erasing it because the "Other" tab in HP Play kept getting bigger as this folder kept disappearing. Any others get this weird behavior?
    It's an issue with the CM7 fs ck_msdos file. If you rename that file or delete it from the install zip, then it won't mess with your files.
    Soorma likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post

Good advice kjhenrie.

On a related note dalingrin on Twitter has said today "Note we are releasing an automated uninstaller very soon.(likely tomorrow)".

I like the manual approach too, as a techie it's good to know what the underlying processes are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post

Interesting it looks like the Everything About Tablets version does the partition space recovery with WebOS Doctor. Either way will get the job done. Though I thought someone mentioned the Dr. Didn't recover the partition space? I have not needed to use that tool so I am not yet familiar with it.

I am not sure how much space you should have since I have a 16gb, perhaps someone else can answer that.

I kept losing my Books folder that was loaded with PDF files until I created it in Android instead of webOS and now it sticks around. You can remove the ck_media file as mentioned above. Your files are ending up in /media/LOST.DIR delete the contents of that and you will gain your space back.

Soorma likes this.
    my touchpad after running those commands said i had resized to 12.65gb sounds about right, but after full reboot back down to 4.6gb aval....how do i get that back now...lol
    and now when i scan i get this

ACTIVE '/dev/store/media' [12.65 GB] inherit

i want that 12.65gb in my aval...how do i do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopin3r View Post
    and now when i scan i get this

ACTIVE '/dev/store/media' [12.65 GB] inherit

i want that 12.65gb in my aval...how do i do that?
    Delete the contents of /media/LOST.DIR and see if that buys you anything.

dont know how to delete that stuff....i connected in usb mode and deleted /media/LOST.DIR.....still the same...any other suggestions
    well i ran webos doctor and now i have 12.8gb free on touchpad...is that correct or am i missing more?
    I think you can use Internalz Pro or Gemini to delete these. Do a search on how to delete Ubuntu files.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123