Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Don't know about you guys but I'm loving Android on the Touchpad, only flaw for me is I cannot leave it in Android or else I'll have to long boot it (hold power menu key) I can run all my favorite apps including netflix, n64oid runs flawless and as well as other emulators. Not to mention having 26GB of storage :-). I would suggest using the SwiftKey keyboard app as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    I just think the whole OS is a clutter of garbage compared to webOS.
    Each to their own.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dachiefmizzy View Post
    Don't know about you guys but I'm loving Android on the Touchpad, only flaw for me is I cannot leave it in Android or else I'll have to long boot it (hold power menu key) I can run all my favorite apps including netflix, n64oid runs flawless and as well as other emulators. Not to mention having 26GB of storage :-). I would suggest using the SwiftKey keyboard app as well.
    are you talking about that sleep thing and it won't turn back on? If so go into govnah and put lowest MHz to 387mhz there is a thread on here about it check it out.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    are you talking about that sleep thing and it won't turn back on? If so go into govnah and put lowest MHz to 387mhz there is a thread on here about it check it out.
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-t...uchpad-41.html

Post #818
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well I thought I was going to hate android too but after using it for a few days it's not that bad. Seems a little sluggish when browsing the net, and some of the UI seems messy to navigate. But its growing on me. I still prefer webOS at the moment.

I too am having fun with themes.

DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mannersless View Post
    You know that webOS doctor does not remove the android partition right? It is still there and if you reinstall you will boot right back to where you left off in Android. To get rid of android you need to remove the partions which isn't exactly a one step process.
    That appears to be incorrect, at least in my case. I installed Android, and needed to doctor for other reasons. Because I was curious about this, I did a full erase, and created a dummy profile with no data. It showed ~25GB free. Then, I used the 3.0.2 doctor, and logged back into that dummy profile. It then showed 27.3GB free. Seems to me that the 2GB partition was removed.

Edit: Sorry, I was incorrect about this.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 10/15/2011 at 02:54 PM.
    74sickness likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mannersless View Post
    It is not removed.
    Any idea what caused the 2GB difference after a doctor then?

Or if you know any more definitive way for me to check, let me know.

Edit: Sorry, I was incorrect about this.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 10/15/2011 at 02:54 PM.
    I have to apologize, I was incorrect. I was doing a little bit of research, and found that if I go to /dev/mapper, I can see: store-cm--cache, store-cm--data, and store-cm--system, which appear to be the cyanogen mod stuff.

The linux install they're using does appear to have parted on there, so I might try and remove it from the command line later.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I have to apologize, I was incorrect. I was doing a little bit of research, and found that if I go to /dev/mapper, I can see: store-cm--cache, store-cm--data, and store-cm--system, which appear to be the cyanogen mod stuff.

The linux install they're using does appear to have parted on there, so I might try and remove it from the command line later.
    If you figure it out let me know.
    If you figure it out let me know.
    Looks like How to remove the ext3fs partition should work probably.

The only difference is that there are 3 different partitions created by Android, so you'd have to remove all of them, and then either meta-doctor or resizefat.

I just did it with resizefat, and added 2GB to the size from the "df -kh" command, which was slightly rounded up (my calculating the sizes showed it to be 1.992GB). That being said, resizefat seems that it's smart enough to compensate for that, because it's doing the process now and is showing "New size reduced to maximum available"
    Last edited by jhoff80; 10/15/2011 at 02:53 PM.
  11.    #31  
    Looks like How to remove the ext3fs partition should work probably.
    Thank you very much ill mess with it later
    As an update, it looks like the media partition wasn't able to resize, despite the three partitions being removed.

Maybe I'll try to run meta-doctor at some point, or wait and see if the CM7 guys eventually put up an uninstall procedure.

Edit: Reading into it on the rootzwiki page, it appears that if you delete the partitions and THEN use any version of the doctor, then it'll resize the media partition to fill the space.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 10/15/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    I don't see why you want to take it off. It will be simple to update once they release them. If you want to use webos them simply boot to webos.

Quote Originally Posted by peterliu78 View Post
    I don't see why you want to take it off. It will be simple to update once they release them. If you want to use webos them simply boot to webos.
    I personally don't like Android all that much, was just doing it to see how well it worked, for curiosity really. It works surprisingly well, and while Android has improved since I last used it, I still don't like it all that much. I hope that ICS is even better, but it has a long way to go before I'd want to use it.

On the other hand, that 2GB of space, that is something that I could really use, as I've got about half my storage filled up with apps, and the rest of what's left mostly full with music and videos.
    Hey OP, Microsoft released a developer version of Windows 8. Why not take this opportunity and upgrade your PC or laptop as well?
    I personally don't like Android all that much, was just doing it to see how well it worked, for curiosity really. It works surprisingly well, and while Android has improved since I last used it, I still don't like it all that much. I hope that ICS is even better, but it has a long way to go before I'd want to use it.

On the other hand, that 2GB of space, that is something that I could really use, as I've got about half my storage filled up with apps, and the rest of what's left mostly full with music and videos.
    JHOff, I was able to get the TouchPad to read an external SD card and also external disk drives plugged into the USB port with external power that I had lying around the house by purchasing a Motorola OTG cable from BestBuy. Not the easiest solution but I liked it better than bringing my laptop on the 10 day trip (and box.net was not an option because I was storing on the SD card and internet also was flaky)
    How to uninstall Android from Touchpad

Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    How to uninstall Android from Touchpad

Those instructions are for Touchdroid though. While the commands for CM7 are similar, some of those partitions won't exist if you use CM7.
    Well I thought I was going to hate android too but after using it for a few days it's not that bad. Seems a little sluggish when browsing the net, and some of the UI seems messy to navigate. But its growing on me. I still prefer webOS at the moment.

I too am having fun with themes.

Agree with the "messy UI" and just as sluggish as the touchpad browser. Get Opera Mini on it, though, and see how smooth and nice a mobile browser SHOULD be. I'm going to use the Android side entirely for development and game playing -- I'm an Unreal Engine developer, and there are Unreal games that work on and are being developed for Android. I'm hoping that I can get a studio to pay me to port the engine to Touchpad

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Yea I tried opera, but it wouldn't let me chose desktop version for webpages. Unless I totally missed it somehow.

I actually don't mind the touchpad browser. After overclocking it runs fast enough for me. Much better than CM7 at the moment.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast