Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    I've been trying to install this for the last 30minutes but im stuck at the command promp. It keep telling me "the system cannot find the file specified" and im looking right at the file that a created. I've followed the install video step by step.I even put the novacom file into the webos file like he said if we are having issues with the command prompt.

TECH TALK: HOW TO INSTALL CYANOGENMOD 7.1 ANDROID 2.3.7 ON HP TOUCHPAD (WINDOWS) - YouTube
    It wont find "ACMEInstaller"? Or what? You can't put a file into a file. I assume you mean you put novacom.exe into a folder with ACMEInstaller... personally I would do it the other way around. Are you "cd <filepath>" correctly, etc.?

You can't just blithely type what he types letter for letter if the file path isn't the same on your machine... it's as simple as finding the folder on your PC and copy/pasting the path in the cmd prompt.
    Last edited by jedinat; 10/20/2011 at 02:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    It wont find "ACMEInstaller"? Or what? You can't put a file into a file. I assume you mean you put novacom.exe into a folder with ACMEInstaller... personally I would do it the other way around. Are you "cd <filepath>" correctly, etc.?

You can't just blithely type what he types letter for letter if the file path isn't the same on your machine... it's as simple as finding the folder on your PC and copy/pasting the path in the cmd prompt.
    Yes that's what i meant to say, novacom.exe file in the same folder as the ACMEInstaller. Yes the file path is the same as he used. cd C:\Program Files <x86>\HP webOS that is how it is on my computer.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Yes that's what i meant to say, novacom.exe file in the same folder as the ACMEInstaller. Yes the file path is the same as he used. cd C:\Program Files <x86>\HP webOS that is how it is on my computer.
    Excuse me for asking the obvious but did you extract the ACMEInstaller from the zip and place this in the novacom.exe directory?

The file should have no extension.
    Please post a screenshot of the window show we can see what files and directories you have. Sometimes the files don't extract correctly or where you expect them to be and you may be missing something important.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I fixed it, i screw up when i was pressing the <> keys and needed to press the ( ) key on my keyboard when putting in <x86>. Cyanogenmod is up and running now! Thanks anyway.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I fixed it, i screw up when i was pressing the <> keys and needed to press the ( ) key on my keyboard when putting in <x86>. Cyanogenmod is up and running now! Thanks anyway.
    No worries, good you got it running.

Been fiddling with Alpha 2.1 for the past few hours, very impressive.
    Hey guys. First time poster here looking for some help. I feel like I'm probably missing something crazy easy but I can NOT get this installed. I'm having a ton of problems with the cmd prompt.

I've followed the video in the guide, have everything in the proper folder but when I run the command, it says unable to find device. I've tried doing everything I can think of to get by this but it's always the same result. I've added screenshots of my HP webOS folder and my cmd prompt. Any ideas?

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    http://liliputing.com/2011/10/how-to...nogenmod7.html try this link I have done the steps listed but cannot access or find palm folders in cmd hope this helps you.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I seem to have installed it but when I reboot and should be offered the chance to boot into WebOS or Cyanogen I am offered:

boot webOS
    boot ClockworkMod
    boot webOS recovery
    reboot
    shutdown

What have I done wrong and could it be qa case of just having to start again? I want to make sure that's safe, that's why I'm posting. Maybe I should add that I couldn't find the folder where the Novacom drivers were installed (on a mac Lion 7.2) so just typed this into Terminal

novacom boot mem:// </Users/Danktuft/Desktop/ACMEInstaller
    Last edited by danktuft; 10/26/2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: More info added
    please help, I installed the Google Market but did not choose any options. How do i remove the google market and install it again.

thanks in advance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12