Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I just finished loading cyanogenmod's android onto my touchpad, and I'm really happy that I did. I still have the option of booting into webOS but I also have access to all the apps that I could ever dream of. This is the best of both worlds. Let me know if you've done the same, and how you like it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    how well does it work? I mean, its still an alpha and I read there were still a lot of issues etc. That in itself scared me away, I'm waiting at least for beta release.
  3.    #3  
    It works perfectly. I've had no problems so far. I've already installed all the Gapps. Netflix runs great. It was a super easy install as well. Let me know if you need any help with it.
  4.    #4  
    I honestly think that they just put all those warnings there to scare away the idiots that would inevitably mess up the simple installation process.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Is there a way to revert back and make it untraceable by HP support? I already got my advance exchange replacement unit and I'm about to send my defective TP (touch screen issue, yet still usable).

I was thinking of testing it out on my defective TP before sending it to HP. I'm just scared that HP might think I voided the warranty because of CM7 install.

Can it be uninstalled easily, safely as if nothing happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    I honestly think that they just put all those warnings there to scare away the idiots that would inevitably mess up the simple installation process.
    They put those warnings there for not only that reason, but also because it is an ALPHA. People are bound to install this looking for a flawless experience and put in bug reports for useless things that are just going to annoy the devs beyond belief. My 2 cents is hold off on this until at least the beta.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Does it do anything such as partition the harddisk? ie a simple WebOsDoctor would not completely revert it back 100?

I'm interested only to get sharp fonts for PDF reading (the PDF patches don't help) and Bluetooth DUN.
  8.    #8  
    Brennan7, I agree with you. If someone is installing this thinking that it is perfectly polished with no bugs, then they obvioulsy shouldn't do it. But, if you understand that it might have imperfections (which i have yet to run into), someone shouldn't shy away from this. I really think it's worth trying it out now.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    This was my first webOS device and also my first android device. And although there are some things I like about android, I still prefer webOS. I think after installing a honeycomb theme it would make it a whole lot better. I would like a graphical boot loader. The moboot loader looks kinda ugly. I would love a preware patch to add a reboot to android option to the power off menu.
    I have, and I like it

Only thing is, be warned, files could be erased form /media/internal.

I had about 6 gigs of stuff in there, now gone (mostly baldurs gate 2 and emulators roms, so not the end of the world, but they should have said something)
    sorli likes this.
    where do I get the files for the dual boot?
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    I have, and I like it

Only thing is, be warned, files could be erased form /media/internal.

I had about 6 gigs of stuff in there, now gone (mostly baldurs gate 2 and emulators roms, so not the end of the world, but they should have said something)
    Yeah, it's like it deletes everything that isn't in folders it's looking for/protecting from deletion.
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yeah none of my music is showing up at all. But it's still taking up memory for some reason. I can't find my music but it's saying that the 13gb that I put on there before is still in use.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbcsublimer07 View Post
    Yeah none of my music is showing up at all. But it's still taking up memory for some reason. I can't find my music but it's saying that the 13gb that I put on there before is still in use.
    That's weird, as music appears to be one of the folders on my Touchpad that it didn't delete.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That's weird, as music appears to be one of the folders on my Touchpad that it didn't delete.
    Mine is gone and so are most of my pictures. Like the ones from the Freecam and Camera apps that I installed. Since they get saved into their own folders. All that was left was my downloads and DCIM folders for pics. Pretty upset about this. If anyone knows of a way to recover this I'd greatly appreciate it. Again it's still showing that it's taking up memory it's just not showing up anywhere for me to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    Brennan7, I agree with you. If someone is installing this thinking that it is perfectly polished with no bugs, then they obvioulsy shouldn't do it. But, if you understand that it might have imperfections (which i have yet to run into), someone shouldn't shy away from this. I really think it's worth trying it out now.
    Oh definitely. I will be putting it on my TP when i get home haha
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    When I install CM7, does it make its own partition? Does it slice some of your free space and make a separate partition with its own Filesystem exclusive for CM7?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    When I install CM7, does it make its own partition? Does it slice some of your free space and make a separate partition with its own Filesystem exclusive for CM7?

Thanks
    Yes it does. And then it mounts the /media/internal USB partition as the SD card.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yes it does. And then it mounts the /media/internal USB partition as the SD card.
    Thanks. Does that mean uninstalling CM will still leave that partition there right? So even if I WebOS Doctor, the partition will still be there? If yes, is there a way to revert back to original settings?

Thanks again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast