Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    If I were you and really wanted a clean slate so to speak, I'd boot up linux on your pc (this can be done from a cd/dvd) then plug in the touchpad and delete all partitions then create a new one and format it. After that use the doctor to reinstall webos and restore your old apps.

Also I know android isn't the prettiest os in its standard form, but the beauty of it is everything can be skinned/modded to look pretty
    eh I'm just gonna be using it for netflix while I'm out of the house. Since...you know....we never got our stupid app lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lbcsublimer07 View Post
    eh I'm just gonna be using it for netflix while I'm out of the house. Since...you know....we never got our stupid app lol
    I'm certain netflix is in the android market and others are using it, there is a patch for the market to stop app filtering. Which was one of the first problems people picked up on after CM's release.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about trying this, but I have a couple questions. 1) Can I just install the CM7 onto my TP as-is? i.,e., With all the 'speed-up' tweaks and stuff? Also, What mode/os do you guys leave it in when you're not using it? Do you reboot back into Webos to get the better battery performance or do you leave it in CM7 mode? Does it even make a difference?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lbcsublimer07 View Post
    I haven't tried it, but does netflix not work thru the browser on WebOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulm64 View Post
    I'm thinking about trying this, but I have a couple questions. 1) Can I just install the CM7 onto my TP as-is? i.,e., With all the 'speed-up' tweaks and stuff? Also, What mode/os do you guys leave it in when you're not using it? Do you reboot back into Webos to get the better battery performance or do you leave it in CM7 mode? Does it even make a difference?
    Haven't gone back to webOS since installing it.

My typical use: just use and let it sleep unless I know I'm not using it for a while, then I'll just shut it down.

Installing CM7 does not affect your webOS setup (not that you're not taking risks, but you don't have to do anything to webOS prior to installation).

And netflix requires silverlight to work (through browser), so no go on webOS.
    damn my memory's bad ! Was just trying to remember why I had to reinstall all my apps. Anyway not sure if that's related but one thing that was affected for me was all my video's, photo's, music & snes roms, they were all wiped. But the space they used was still used up ! Ok I remember now, I did a clean wipe of webos to get all my storage space back ! So you should back up all your media to a pc then delete it from your touchpad before installing android.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I just got done installing it now. It went pretty well after a few false starts and scary moments. Turns out the first version of cm7 was corrupt and so didn't.t install correctly. The file should be about 90mb. Not 34mb! I also decided to check the md5 before installing. Rigt now it seems to be working pretty good. Only problem is I likethe webos KB better. Also, where's that Fishpond wallpaper? Like in the CM7 video? Also, I keep trying to swipe up apps!
    I just got done installing it now. It went pretty well after a few false starts and scary moments. Turns out the first version of cm7 was corrupt and so didn't.t install correctly. The file should be about 90mb. Not 34mb! I also decided to check the md5 before installing. Rigt now it seems to be working pretty good. Only problem is I likethe webos KB better. Also, where's that Fishpond wallpaper? Like in the CM7 video? Also, I keep trying to swipe up apps!
    Haa, who told you 35mb ? It takes 2Gb for the installation and the rest of the 2gb is reserved for android internal memory apps.

Look on the market for koi fish live wallpaper, there are a few different versions from different developers.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    damn my memory's bad ! Was just trying to remember why I had to reinstall all my apps. Anyway not sure if that's related but one thing that was affected for me was all my video's, photo's, music & snes roms, they were all wiped. But the space they used was still used up ! Ok I remember now, I did a clean wipe of webos to get all my storage space back ! So you should back up all your media to a pc then delete it from your touchpad before installing android.
    Oops! Wished I would've seen this before I started!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Haa, who told you 35mb ? It takes 2Gb for the installation and the rest of the 2gb is reserved for android internal memory apps.

Look on the market for koi fish live wallpaper, there are a few different versions from different developers.
    I meant that the first time I dloaded the file it was only like 34mb. Consequently, it didn't work.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I meant that the first time I dloaded the file it was only like 34mb. Consequently, it didn't work.
    I'm hopping between my stock TP and my iThing and I find myself wanting to swipe apps away on that too ... It just feels so right ...
    Ah I see, no offence :P maybe it was 34mb in it's zipped up file, I think they are usually an average of 100mb for a rom with maybe 30mb over or under depending on who put it together. Anyway I hope you didn't lose to much media after your install. I'm not loading mine back on until CM release an update fixing the vanishing media issue.
    Last edited by DemonHighwayman; 10/17/2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    can someone please post a link to the latest android install information...There are so many links about this going around, I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    can someone please post a link to the latest android install information...There are so many links about this going around, I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks.
    If you can't find one here try this one:
    [VIDEO] Idiots Guide - How to Install Cyanogenmod 7 Android Alpha on HP Touchpad

It's probably best to take in a few of the guides from different web sites to get acquainted with different aspects of what to do. And if it all sounds too confusing it's a good idea to wait until the install process becomes a bit simpler/more refined.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    It's great having access to all those android apps. And the live wallpaper. But I like the webos email better. But thanks to CM for doing this!!! I love having both!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123