Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    is there a way to fix the kernel issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    is there a way to fix the kernel issue?
    The webOS doctor fixes it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    woodmaster likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    After unsuccessfully clicking randomly all over the Chinese website (felt like I was playing Monkey Island again ) I resorted to google and found this page:

Android on Webos (chroid) 0.1 Alpha is out for tasting. (update 10/08 IPK) - xda-developers

Contains latest updates to the Chroid project, as well as the .ipk for v0.1.0
    Also, since I hate these download sites, I'll post the share link from my Zumodrive as soon as it's done uploading...
    WOW! what ever 0.0.1 did to locking the kernal was fixed in 0.1.0. I installed 0.0.1 and after I uninstalled, no overclocking. I worked on this via novaterm and a command line off and on over the last few days and still couldn't get OC'd. Just for fun tonight, I installed 0.1.0 and found it still unusable. I removed and BAM! the OC'd CPU kicked in at 1.7 Mghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymac View Post
    WOW! what ever 0.0.1 did to locking the kernal was fixed in 0.1.0. I installed 0.0.1 and after I uninstalled, no overclocking. I worked on this via novaterm and a command line off and on over the last few days and still couldn't get OC'd. Just for fun tonight, I installed 0.1.0 and found it still unusable. I removed and BAM! the OC'd CPU kicked in at 1.7 Mghz.
    BTW: Using Warthog kernel and it's stable. oh yeah s/kernal/kernel/g for the spelling police....
    Installi g this replaces your kernel presumably with one that has both palm and android patches,I'd guess. Removing it does replace your old kernel back in.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Here's the 0.1.0 version:

http://www.zumodrive.com/share/eI6PMzQ2ZD

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    New 0.1.0 version is very buggy. It does let you use Android in a card but it's much more unusable than the first release. The center button now minimizes Android into a card but makes navigating around Android a bit tougher. There's a lot more graphical issues when you're in Android with screen tearing happening constantly. Also, when minimized the Android interface would bleed through while I was in other apps. Uninstalling was a pain since the Android interface would be covering up the apps in the Software Manager.

If you're going to try the new version, be prepared to make a trip to the doctor.

Even with all the problems, I was still amazed that I was running Android in a card.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymac View Post
    Same with me.

So if you installed then uninstalled 0.0.1 and were stuck without profiles in govnah and no ability to change kernels, you can install then uninstall 0.1.0 and it fixes those issues. I now have Uberkernel back with profiles available in Govnah.

No need to Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbooth View Post
    Same with me.

So if you installed then uninstalled 0.0.1 and were stuck without profiles in govnah and no ability to change kernels, you can install then uninstall 0.1.0 and it fixes those issues. I now have Uberkernel back with profiles available in Govnah.

No need to Doctor.
    I tried the install/uninstall trick...did not make a difference.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It worked for me to get uberkernel back, but I'm still unable to use F5 or anything else for that matter.
    Is there any linux commands that can possibly help out?
    I installed and played around with 0.1.0 . Its very interesting and has a lot of potential, but I don't see any current practical applications. I am looking forward to future releases. Keep up the good work my friend.
    Any updates on this lately? I tried CyanogenMod7 and it's pretty much fully functional, but I'd rather have a solution within webOS...
    Anyone tried this out on 3.0.4? Wonder handle the custom kernel handeled the software update...
    just to let you all know the 3.0.4 upgrade seems to fix the Kernal Issues From the first version!
    Last edited by carr76013; 10/20/2011 at 01:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Watching this intently. I have no desire to play around with Android in a card by itself, but if this could become the architecture for a bridge or terminal emulator to let other Android apps launch as cards with webOS, it would very quickly solve the Touchpad's lack of apps. Much more convenient than the CM7 dualboot if it would work.
    Last edited by Aganar; 10/20/2011 at 12:24 PM.
    geekpeter likes this.
    Others had mentioned this before.

Palmdroid aims to do such a thing...
    Official: Palmdroid Development Thread (android app emulator for WebOS) - xda-developers
    I need to see if someone here already has the page translated into English where we get the Android installation download for HP TouchPad? Please!

It is from wo****hb123的微博

Does anybody have an English translation or the Web Page Link where we can download it?

THANKS
    No updates? :/ CM7 is nice, but I use it for 2 apps only... would much rather just run those apps under webOS....
    So... I'm guessing the "Android in a webOS Card" idea is dead now, and only CM7 is left?

Palmdroid appears dead as well, according to the XDA thread.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast