Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Please Note that when you install this. It does remove your Overclock Profile.

I don't have Internet connection to redownload uber or uninstall uberkernal and redo it

if anybody has..let us know if there was any issues

Updated
    Ok, so basically, all I did, was remove
    Uberkernal via webosquickui
    reboot
    remove Govnah via webosquickui
    reboot

Reinstall both via preware
    Reboot

then remove the cmod program
    reboot

then i was able to select the Ondemandtcl 1512 and get it OC back at 1.512...
    Last edited by snowwhitie; 10/05/2011 at 03:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icewarm View Post
    On his Weibo (Chinese equivalent of Tweeter), he said that the card issue has been fixed, will release soon.

And he is doing this just for fun and not expecting any financial gain.

I would like to contribute to get this project done. It's so incredible if Andorid can truly run within a card under WebOS.

I love WebOS and my touchpad, but I want more app options.

This may unintentionally speed up the death of WebOS?
    What is the card issue?
    This is awesome, plan awesome. It wont kill WebOS, if anything this will make it even more desireable. My dream scenario actually. I can use WebOS for everything, then when I feel like taking a break I would open the Android card and launch my Netflix app and enjoy! Oh wait, a text notification?!?!, let me slide that card over so I can respond quick, annnnnnnnnnnnd back to my movie. Brilliant. To me, if they figure out how to actually make this happen its way better than a dual boot.

Is this similar to what they somewhat officially did for the playbook? I love the idea. WebOS FTW once again!
    goke313 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    What is the card issue?
    My understanding is that the current alpha version can be launched as a card but refuse to quit like a card (I haven't tried it personally yet). One has to power off to quit it and reboot back to WebOS.

He said he has realized true card function on this thing. I am thinking maybe now this Andorid "app" can be killed by a swipe. That would be awesome.
    It does remove UberKernel and I haven't figured out how to restore it once Chroid is removed. I've replaced the default kernel in Preware, rebooted, installed Uberkernel and then gone into Govnah but the max frequency available is the default 1.188 GHz. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? How do we restore the kernel settings? I guess I'm also wondering why Chroid removes the kernel patch and settings in the first place?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    guys,

are there any dependencies for this? I've installed it but it doesnt actually launch anything???

I have the icon, and then nothing. what am I missing???
    This is happening to me as well, is there a reason why its happening, and how could i fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Thanks, but can't get my TP to download from Mediafire... It tries to load the file in the browser, and the Download Link command doesn't seem to do anything...

how about copying download link and using in the install app option in prepare?

oops my bad already been sugested
    Last edited by dps5pt; 10/05/2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: did not read post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotokun View Post
    While you cant get back into webOS without rebooting, the way he says that'll be in a future version leads me to belive that webOS is still running in the background.
    It seems like it shuts down and replaces Luna, the GUI of webOS. So the kernel is still running, and maybe even the apps, but you cannot see them. It should not be too difficult to get Android to display in a card. And until the native Android port is really finished, that is probably the best approach anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mervoid View Post
    It does remove UberKernel and I haven't figured out how to restore it once Chroid is removed. I've replaced the default kernel in Preware, rebooted, installed Uberkernel and then gone into Govnah but the max frequency available is the default 1.188 GHz. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? How do we restore the kernel settings? I guess I'm also wondering why Chroid removes the kernel patch and settings in the first place?
    Not sure, why this happened. I have the same issue. I have not yet removed anything or test it, but 'm sure I'll have the same issue.

Hope someone does try this. I really don't want to webOS Doctor it..

Updated
    Updated
    reboot
    reboot

Reboot

reboot

Last edited by snowwhitie; 10/05/2011 at 03:48 PM.
    Once this app runs in a card, I'm up for trying it. Dual boot isn't an ideal solution for android anyways, since webOS is so awesome.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Mervoid View Post
    I don't think it's actually removing UberKernel so much as it is the overclocking profiles. I still show UberKernel installed on my system.

Can someone with a bit more Linux knowledge than me test to see if some of the other features of UberKernel, like NFS or CIFS support, still work?
    great Proof of Concept!

as a non-expert, seems like the remaining issues could be resolved. Just tells you how much was unrealized by HP for this platform as the hardware seems more than capable.
    Have you tried reinstalling govnah?
    reboot
    reboot

Reboot

reboot

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    reboot
    reboot

Reboot

reboot

Thanks for the update - that helped!
    Quote Originally Posted by eburgess4 View Post
    Thanks for the update - that helped!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    Not sure, why this happened. I have the same issue. I have not yet removed anything or test it, but 'm sure I'll have the same issue.

Hope someone does try this. I really don't want to webOS Doctor it..

Updated
    Updated
    reboot
    reboot

Reboot

reboot

Tried the above didn't work for me...now I can't overclock...looks like it removes the profiles...Uberkernal looks to still be installed just only the standard "Palm Default" is available in Govnah.

Anyone else find away to get overclocking working again.

Thanks.
    Dennis
    Quote Originally Posted by loughary View Post
    Tried the above didn't work for me...now I can't overclock...looks like it removes the profiles...Uberkernal looks to still be installed just only the standard "Palm Default" is available in Govnah.

Anyone else find away to get overclocking working again.

Thanks.
    Dennis
    Not sure, I did it how I wrote, and it worked for me. so, not sure what to tell ya..
    i have the same problem. installed the ipk. then i uninstalled and tried the method of uninstalling/installig uberkernel and govnah, but only show palm default kernel avail....

anyone help? also, does anyone know how to remve cmod program?
    So yeah just installed this.

Took a few minutes and then the TouchPad auto rebooted.

Now I'm semi-bricked.

Its just the warning and a link to www.palm.com/ROM

Any ideas? Any way to fix with out using WebOS Doctor?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    How long does this take to install? Has been like half an hour now.