Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDueler View Post
    Thanks, but can't get my TP to download from Mediafire... It tries to load the file in the browser, and the Download Link command doesn't seem to do anything...
    when the download link appears, instead of clicking the link, tap and hold, copy the link, open up preware-->install app and then paste the link you copied. That should download the 80.9 MB File. It will take tome to download and install.

I managed to download and install the app. The only problem is that its in Chinese language.. Is there a setting under Android to change it to english?
    I'm diving in. Wish me luck.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    for pre in future would be amazing!
    Downloaded and installing... taking a long time.... DONE!!!!!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    can't install market which sucks. Good start tho I was impressed
    Tried to swipe all corners of screen, definitely seems like the Touchpad just reboots into Android instead of it running in a card. Although I'm not a developer and this is an early early build so maybe I'm wrong and it's just not implemented.

Decided to use a timer just to see how long it takes to boot. About 10 seconds from tapping the app icon to the Android logo. About 10 seconds from Android logo to lock screen. I wish the Touchpad could boot up that quickly.

Whatever happened with that HyperSpace company HP bought to create an instant-boot solution?
    some background if memory serves somewhat well: chomper was the guy who made a jvm for webos in the past, pretty good one i must say, so he is a pretty capable hacker, who cares if he is in china or elsewhere. i was hoping that he is gonna chime in and do something for tp. i am so glad he did. definitely worth watching how his project develops, at least methinks.
    i noticed that if you accidently clicked the camera icon in android, then device kind of froze for a while and then it load the android app. BUT this time the touch screen doesn't work. does anyone know how to close the app and go back to webos without restarting the TP!
    Quote Originally Posted by sevusal14 View Post
    i noticed that if you accidently clicked the camera icon, then device kind of froze for a while and then it load the android app. BUT this time the touch screen doesn't work. does anyone know how to close the app and go back to webos without restarting the TP!
    I don't think you can, because I don't think it's running in a card. Rebooting is the only way I've found to get back to webOS from Android.
    mine wifi says 'error'. Is anyone else having the same issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Phresh View Post
    Installed it, and then my kernels stopped working. Removed it, did a device restart, uninstalled the kernel, rebooted again, reinstalled it, rebooted, and nothing. Any help? Please don't tell me I have to doctor it :3
    If you uninstall the android ipk it comes back
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    after inspecting the ipk it creates /system, then mounts the android image there, stops Luna, sensors and audio , starts "input_proxy" and chroots into /system
    so to return to WebOS the program needs to exit the chroot and restart Luna, audiod and sensord after you exit android, the problem is it closes any open apps when you stop luna.
    it would be great if Chomper worked with Webos Internals to make the image run under X using xecutha so apps dont need to close, if it is possible to run android with X of course
    mine wifi says 'error'. Is anyone else having the same issue?
    yes I was getting the same error
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    it has uninstalled my kernel (f15) and refuses to let me install it or any other ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    yes I was getting the same error
    were you able to fix it? if so, how?
    were you able to fix it? if so, how?
    You can still surf online using the browser even with the WiFi error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    You can still surf online using the browser even with the WiFi error message.
    hmmm. i was getting no internal connection message.may have to reboot the TP again!
    Use the Volumn Up & Down button for going backward & menu. Also, I was able to change the language from whatever it was to English from settings menu. It looks really good for the start. I wish webOS internals and Chomper get together and create something awesome.
    karstenskov likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Use the Volumn Up & Down button for going backward & menu. Also, I was able to change the language from whatever it was to English from settings menu. It looks really good for the start. I wish webOS internals and Chomper get together and create something awesome.
    Nice catch. Volume Up for Back button. Volume Down for Menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post

Its an 80Mb download but it all looks in Chinese and not sure if you can switch to English
    Looked like Chroid locked up on Chomper and needed a power/home reset. But very cool. Damn it's hard to find a download link in Chinese!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast