Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By devoidz
  • 1 Post By jrstinkfish
  1.    #1  
    i am curious
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    The cyanogen devs do...no public release yet though...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    The cyanogen devs do...no public release yet though...
    Isnt the cyanogen one total crap compared to the other guys who bowed out recently?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    no cyanogen is great, the ones that crapped out, used some of cyanogen's drivers to get theirs "working". They were a lot farther behind than cyanogen. I don't care who gets it working, just want them to hurry up. I know it takes time, and I appreciate all the work they do on it for free. Dosn't make me want to play with it now, any less though.
    Silveradoguy85 likes this.
    Yo, CyanogenMod have stuck to it, know what they are doing, give relevant regular updates.. and quite rightly so, will NOT release a working TP dual-boot version of 'Android' until THEY are satisfied that they have everything fully tested, in place and sussed.

Otherwise the backlash from a million craving TP 'firesale' owners whinging that it 'doesn't work' or stuffed up their WebOS machine entirely, would not really be worth their stalwart efforts so far.. would it!

All good things come to those who wait etc!

Seems that the RootzWiki Touchdroid 'Team' fell apart (for various reasons), early on regarding this project.. yes.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/05/2011 at 06:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    Isnt the cyanogen one total crap compared to the other guys who bowed out recently?
    I don't know, why don't you tell me all the facts?

What are your sources?

Enlighten me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    Not at all. Cyanogen is a big name in Android, they support a ton of devices and there roms are notoriously stable unlike some of the other Android roms to be found on the web. Check it out CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread
    There are a million Touchpad owners waiting to do this? Ha! Maybe a few thousand at best.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    There are a million Touchpad owners? Ha!
    beardedspoooon likes this.
    Sorree!.. At least half a million 'plus' then.. (MANY of whom bought cheaply, hoping/assuming that Android would become available), but still far 'too many' for CM7 to risk rushing a first potentially unstable resease of the Android port to TP anyway.. that was my main point!

~~~

However:

"..HP originally released orders for 900,000-1.1 million 9.7-inch TouchPads to Inventec and has taken deliveries of 800,000-900,000 units, said the sources, noting that the shipped TouchPads were nearly all sold out after the vendor slashed the tablet's price to US$99.."

"..The next production run of the HP TouchPad will use up the remaining parts inventory, which is (another) 100,000 - 200,000 units.."

Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

As many as 200,000 HP TouchPads on the way | ZDNet

~~~

And:

"..Thus, using the 270,000 inventory of Best Buy as a base figure, and adding all the TouchPads that have been sold by various retailers (both online and onsite) we can make a conservative guess that at least 500,000 units have already been sold, perhaps many more.

As more data comes in, that number is likely to rise.."

IBT: HP TouchPad Sale: How Many Discounted Items Have Been Sold? - International Business Times

~~~

So, IF 'sources' are correct and there are that many Touchpads (and not too many individuals bought 10 of them).. there are also that many Touchpad 'Owners'.. Yes!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/05/2011 at 06:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    There are a million Touchpad owners waiting to do this? Ha! Maybe a few thousand at best.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I'm waiting to do it