Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    Check out this piece that engadget posted a little while back:

CyanogenMod 7 update brings WiFi, sound and accelerometer support to TouchPad (video) -- Engadget

I think its fascinating how rapidly those guys are trying to get android on there. Personally, webos isn't too bad. I'm enjoying the variation/different approach it offers.
    howi, sorli and dignitary like this.
    Great news. I really like webOS but it will be now to have even more options.
    Nice! I have an second unopened TP that I may just use for the android OS and keep the first one webos.
    crucian4 likes this.
    oh that video is beautiful!
    Not so excited about the Android port. It takes 4 touches (ignoring the touches that didn't register) just to see which wifi network you're connected to when it just take one on webOS. I have TP and Galaxy Tab 7" but this is the kind of stuff that keeps me from using Galaxy (collecting dust). C'mon Android, you can do much better.
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Not so excited about the Android port. It takes 4 touches (ignoring the touches that didn't register) just to see which wifi network you're connected to when it just take one on webOS. I have TP and Galaxy Tab 7" but this is the kind of stuff that keeps me from using Galaxy (collecting dust). C'mon Android, you can do much better.
    Yea, they have, on the tablet version of Android. They are porting the latest phone version of android because its the latest version of Android that has source code released. The next tablet version of Android will be released within 1-2 months and will have source, which means that you will be able to tap once to see which wifi network you are connected to, which is apparently really important to people. Frankly I don't care if I had to tap 35 times to see which network I was on.

Edit: Will say that if honestly that is a big deal for you and you aren't just reaching to find something WebOS does better than Android, nothing is stopping you from installing any of the BEVY of widgets that will inform you which network you are on without a single touch of the screen.

First one I found: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    Kinda like building a kit car. You know like making a mustang look like a cobra. I like webOS and android is great too. When I buy an android tablet itll be an android tab.
    i love that dude's wallpaper with the fish. anyway to get that on the touchpad?

also *love* the dude's russian accent with the higher pitched voice lol (i'm russian myself). the guy actually has really good grasp of english. like he says "bye for now" which is an idiom that most esl learners wouldn't know/use
    Even on Android 2.3 you can have one touch access to which network you're on without installing an app.

Hold down your finger on an open area of home screen. Tap Shortcuts on the menu that pops up. Choose Settings then WiFi settings.

This puts an icon on your home screen that you tap once to see the network to which you are connected plus access to your wifi settings.

Spyke
    If you truly have a Galaxy tab 7, you should know that you can either put a widget or the Android control panel to make that a one click process.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I'm quite fond of the idea of having a multi-OS tablet in the near future. I also like how they incorporated sort of Honeycumb buttons on this 2.3.x Android version at the bottom to make up for the missing menu & back buttons on the TP.
    DeadVim likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I'm quite fond of the idea of having a multi-OS tablet in the near future. I also like how they incorporated sort of Honeycumb buttons on this 2.3.x Android version at the bottom to make up for the missing menu & back buttons on the TP.
    Hell yes, chuck it all on there, I paid for it let's see what this puppy can do ... WebOS, Android, MS-DOS, TOS (look it up kids ) ... All welcome here
    Obviously doesn't really apply here since they are porting 2.3.x, but in Honeycomb, if you touch the clock area, a pop-up appears that shows, among other things, the network you're connected to. I would assume this would work in ICS too, which will show up on the TouchPad eventually.
    HP TouchPad Gets CyanogenMod 7 with Enhancements | ITProPortal.com

Did anyone try to install it yet? If so, how buggy is it?

I can't find the installation files on their website/forum
    disoriented likes this.
    It isn't out yet. Still in early development stages with no ETA.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    That video makes it look like development is past the "early" development stage.
    dignitary likes this.
    Why would you replace the wonderful webOS with that opensource mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    Why would you replace the wonderful webOS with that opensource mess.
    Because that open source mess is more productive than the wonderful webOS.

Sent from my EVO Shift 4g using Tapatalk
    I'm a newbie...but I definitely love webOS much more then Android...I just have a feeling at some point app developers are going to go where the money is. And unfortunately it's probably android...just with no more webOS hardware being developed it just makes for a small audience compared to other operating systems.
    I would liked to have a 2nd TP to see if I would like to have both running.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast