Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    TouchPad mania has been in full effect since the slate went on blue-light special a few weeks ago. Yet, with the future of webOS in flux, crowds have clamored to get Google's green bots on the woebegone tablet. Last week, Team-Touchdroid gave the TouchPad a slice of Gingerbread, and now it's delivered full 10-point multitouch as well. Of course, the video below only shows it doing the trick on a testing app, but it's a good start. Shouldn't be long now before you TouchPad owners can get touchy-feely with any Android app your hearts desire.
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/06/h...rtesy-of-team/
    Last edited by ichi2k; 09/06/2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Yep, saw that. Exciting news.
    Meh. I'm keeping webos on it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    yea I only want webOS on it , if its 100% dead only then will I ever go to android
    sorli and wooo45 like this.
    Only if I can dual boot android and webOS will I install it or if webOS is truly dead.
    gruso and sorli like this.
    I was just going to post that link.
    Im Excited, cant wait to get android on this tablet. Im sure lots of people will not transform to android and thats ok, but im know there are lots of us who do want android. opinions are great, everyone has them, that's what makes us all different
    Been itching for that Android proxy support. I can't connect to the internet at my place of work without it. The Android app selection is much better too. I would never pay for an app, and lets be honest, Touchpad has like, 5 quality free apps. Android? Atleast 10,000.

Really wish software was free (in most cases it is) and you could just donate to developers you like...
    Thanks for the info.

I would like the option of being able to dual boot, just for fun and to see how it works.
    Just saw the tweet, checked the story and came to link. Good to see I'm not the only one excited.
    While I'm not replacing webOS unless I'm convinced there is no more life left, I'm interested to see how well the TouchPad runs Android.
    The comparison between it and tablets designed for Android will let us know how good/bad the hardware really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Been itching for that Android proxy support. I can't connect to the internet at my place of work without it. The Android app selection is much better too. I would never pay for an app, and lets be honest, Touchpad has like, 5 quality free apps. Android? Atleast 10,000.

Really wish software was free (in most cases it is) and you could just donate to developers you like...
    Have you seen Palmdroid? Theyre trying to emulate android apps in a card on webOS. Thia would be perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    Have you seen Palmdroid? Theyre trying to emulate android apps in a card on webOS. Thia would be perfect
    I almost like the webos card idea, only if the minimized cards were 1/4 screen size and you could move cards to sit side by side instead of the manditory overlap
    you can rearange cards now.. No need to keep in stacks if you don't want
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    Aren't another group also working on a Dalvik emulator so the Touchpad can run Android apps, similar to what RIM are doing with the PlayBook?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    can't wait for this. I think I 2 months we will have it
    After Android is up and running, I doubt I'll be using WebOS.
    Downgrade is still a downgrade.
    Also the trouchdroid team has multitouch working, a rom release soon ?

All they need is to port the essential drivers first like wifi, etc.. wonder if it'll be available within a week!

PS there seems to be some developers feud over who got the drivers first and who copied who !

Last edited by limitbreak; 09/06/2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I love Android, but I have zero interest in this. Gingerbread on the tablet form factor is a subpar experience. Once they get honeycomb on it, then we'll talk again.

I love WebOS now that I have played with it.

Quote Originally Posted by limitbreak View Post
    Also the trouchdroid team has multitouch working, a rom release soon ?

All they need is to port the essential drivers first like wifi, etc.. wonder if it'll be available within a week!
    I'd rather run android apps in an emulator, and perhaps dual boot honeycomb, but not replace webOS. Gingerbread would be all that is available whenever they do port, and that interests me not at all

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast