1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering, could it be possible to dual boot Android on the Pre 3 ?
    Actually, I miss a GPS navigation app like the one you can find on Android phones.

If this is a possible for the Touchpad, why not for the Pre 3 ?

Thank you for your answers,
    Simon.
    Interesting thought, but then someone with developer experience would have to want Android on a Pre3. I suspect the main motivation people have porting Android to the TP relates to the $100 and $150 value the fire-sale provides. How many 1.2 ghz Dual-core tablets with a 1gb or RAM and 16/32gb of storage go for less then $200...none last that I checked.

I love webOS and I also suspect the Android hackers will want to keep Dual-boot options since even they'll see how nice webOS is and want to have both options on their TP systems. This is my hope! Sorli...
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I agree, I'd like to have both Android and WebOS.

Can any developer tell us if this would be possible ? Is there any option to replace the current bootloader with maybe a GRUB ?
    Or share the same kernel between WebOS and Android ?
    Quote Originally Posted by legsim View Post
    Hello everyone,

I was wondering, could it be possible to dual boot Android on the Pre 3 ?
    Actually, I miss a GPS navigation app like the one you can find on Android phones.

If this is a possible for the Touchpad, why not for the Pre 3 ?

Thank you for your answers,
    Simon.
    I think it is not possible dual boot Android on the Pre 3
    Say no to Android
    How about a Wine-like option?

There are some progams (like WhatsApp, Waze) whose developers are not interested to port their application to WebOS. In that case I would like to run such an application under a wine-like emulator.

JP
    This has been pursued but maybe abandoned? Android under webOS on Touchpad - WebOS Internals

If you want more software, maybe set up a debian chroot? Kind of cumbersome to use on the pre-/pre+/pre2 screen in my experience, but probably much better on the Pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by colmmcgrath View Post
    I think it is not possible dual boot Android on the Pre 3
    Yes it is. Somebody just needs to port it. The bootloader is the same as the Veer and that can run Android.
    Started to make a pre3 android port. Visit here: Pre 3 Android Port
    PRE 3 ANDROID WILL BE SUCCESFUL!!!!!