Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By artitumis
  • 4 Post By etx
  • 5 Post By viper151
  • 2 Post By njforcedlife77
  • 1 Post By deesugar
  • 1 Post By philliptt
  1.    #1  
    What...I have faith in the CM7 team.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2  
    What is it with all the Android fans invading the webOS forums? Doesn't the Android side if the house have a forum for the TouchDroid or whatever they're calling it today?
    pk1234 and wilsonlam97 like this.
  3. #3  
    Well, this is the HP TouchPad forum, not the webOS forum. :P

    Though, it is a webOS tablet subforum, so hmmmm....
  4. #4  
    Thats what I call putting the cart before the horse *****
  5. #5  
    installing android on a touchpad is like installing windows xp on a mac. Gross.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    installing android on a touchpad is like installing windows xp on a mac. Gross.
    Fail!!
  7. #7  
    Fail all day android
    webOS win all day
    etx and wilsonlam97 like this.
  8. shandroid's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #8  
    I can't wait for this! Hope its dualboot
  9. #9  
    No one has to change from webOS. I personally have an Android Atrix, my wife has a crApple I4 and we now have the webOS Touchpad. The webOS and crApple are very comparable but this crap with the Touchpad not connecting to anything but HP printers and other webOS devices is RIDICULOUS.

    After all the patches and overclocking I would have no problem sticking with webOS as it really has woken up now. If they don't fix these two problems, and they are problems, I will definitely be jumping ship to the improved android platform.
  10. #10  
    Need Android asap,but I don't think I have the patience.
  11. #11  
    webOS 3.x is a great OS (typing this post on a TP) but with the up and down uncertainty of webOS, its not a bad idea to have a plan B.

    Some of you have let silly emotions over lines of code cloud your pragmatic rational side.
    ap3604 likes this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    webOS 3.x is a great OS (typing this post on a TP) but with the up and down uncertainty of webOS, its not a bad idea to have a plan B.

    Some of you have let silly emotions over lines of code cloud your pragmatic rational side.
    I agree. I'm hoping for dual boot - webOS for daily use and android when I need to use an app not available on webOS
    johncc likes this.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by philliptt View Post
    I agree. I'm hoping for dual boot - webOS for daily use and android when I need to use an app not available on webOS
    This,
  14. Shihatsu's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #14  
    android in a card, anything else is ridiculous. replacinf webos with android means crap hardware with crap os. i would love to have a samsung tablet with webos on it though.
  15. #15  
    The issue with the Android ports will be they won't be 3.0 because it hasn't been open sourced yet. Plus Honeycomb was designed around a 16:10 screen. Not a 4:3 one so there will be UI issues and native code issues.

    Currently everyone is working on porting over 2.2 or 2.3. Awesome a phone OS on a larger screen. Plus since most of this teams aren't hardware driver writers your looking at issues with hardware optimation.

    They will get Android running but it will never be as good at WebOS on the Touchpad just because the hardware and software were designed together..

    If people want to run Android..awesome go for it. It is your hardware but I think it is smarter to continue to use and support webos. The more company's see your touchpad hit there servers..the better the chance you will get better application support.
  16. funb0b's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by philliptt View Post
    I agree. I'm hoping for dual boot - webOS for daily use and android when I need to use an app not available on webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjon29 View Post
    This,
    +1 ;-)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by serverfull View Post
    The issue with the Android ports will be they won't be 3.0 because it hasn't been open sourced yet. Plus Honeycomb was designed around a 16:10 screen. Not a 4:3 one so there will be UI issues and native code issues.

    Currently everyone is working on porting over 2.2 or 2.3. Awesome a phone OS on a larger screen. Plus since most of this teams aren't hardware driver writers your looking at issues with hardware optimation.

    They will get Android running but it will never be as good at WebOS on the Touchpad just because the hardware and software were designed together..

    If people want to run Android..awesome go for it. It is your hardware but I think it is smarter to continue to use and support webos. The more company's see your touchpad hit there servers..the better the chance you will get better application support.

    Although I want to agree with you, the Touchpad and webOS weren't designed together. When I got my TP I was wondering *** they didn't test it before? After the patches of course it's perfect. But webOS wasn't designed for TP. webOS is much way ahead of its time and the webOS team said that TP hardware was inadequate.

Posting Permissions