Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    Not to mention its a fake!
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    If this effort is true to form, we may see dual boot in about 90 days.

Suddenly instead of 5,700 apps, we would have 250,000.

We do not know who will buy HP's PSG or what they might do with webOS. SOmeone may buy webOS just to lock the 2,000 patents in a safe. Android gives us a plan B.

Also, the TouchPad CPU really is a beast. webOS is by it's design interpreted, not compiled meaning that when it loads an app it has to convert code into binary to execute it. Android might prove how fast the TouchPad hardware really is.

So this effort might yield:
    • More apps
    • More options
    • Faster performance
    • At no cost to us
    • With no obligation to participate

Can someone explain how this is bad?
    It's bad because someone's family member was unable to get a $99 Touchpad, since the so-called "Android idiots" bought them all.

According to some people, Android is the devil because they claim it's clunky and apps don't matter. There are a lot of random excuses on this forum that I know people don't take seriously.
    ^this^

and here is a helpful thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/other-t...d-tablets.html
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Can someone explain how this is bad?
    See post #33 above. This leads to ******bags flipping on Ebay and no TPs left for webOS users.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sorry guys, I'm a total newbie here, and have spent the last 2 days reading as much as I can, but apparently not enough. As for the video being a fake, would a video respond to finger gestures as this one appears to do?? The things against it are the poster has only one post, and it is so short. MIGHT be fake, but does appear to be real. Also, the ubuntu install only does a cmd-line right? This appears to be an ANDROID GUI. Am I missing something?
    read the thread link above, and the others in the 'other tablet' forum. Good discussions there.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    That's not the reason why the greedy ****s are selling them on ebay.
    The reason is simply because people are willing to pay $300 for a tablet.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    See post #33 above. This leads to ******bags flipping on Ebay and no TPs left for webOS users.
    If tried and true WebOS users really wanted the Touchpads, they would have bought them all at full price in June and tried to make Touchpads a success. Instead, they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    If tried and true WebOS users really wanted the Touchpads, they would have bought them all at full price in June and tried to make Touchpads a success. Instead, they didn't.
    Some of us did buy at full price, $641.99, on day one. But, at that price buying multiple Touchpads was a bit too pricey, whereas at the 'fire sale' prices I would have like to get one for my wife and kids, all of whom truly appreciate webOS.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I personally dont see a need for the android market. Even my brother (an android user) and my mom admit the android app market is mostly crapware, and many of the great apps need newer versions of the operating system, something his Hero cant do. I am perfectly happy with my webos app catalog + flash support.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

While I agree with you (Ive wanted one since june), some people (like me) simply couldn't afford a tablet untill this price cut. It would have cost me twice as much as my net book (an asus eeepc 1005pe). Something I personally couldnt bring myself to spend.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    While I agree with you (Ive wanted one since june), some people (like me) simply couldn't afford a tablet untill this price cut. It would have cost me twice as much as my net book (an asus eeepc 1005pe). Something I personally couldnt bring myself to spend.
    There's nothing wrong with that, but those that purchased are opportunists. Getting upset about someone putting Android on the Touchpad because their family member couldn't buy one is kind of fanboyish.

Reality: WebOS has corrupted two companies.

In other news

http://twitter.com/#!/black_man_x

An it boots into android 2.3.5... its alive!!! Muahhhhhaahhh now to test wifi n the like..
    There's nothing wrong with that, but those that purchased are opportunists. Getting upset about someone putting Android on the Touchpad is kind of fanboyish.

Reality: WebOS has corrupted two companies.
    i see your point but i think what angers or upsets most is the androidy types hanging out around here when they should be in the android related forums somewhere to gossip about that kinda stuff, <piratevoice>this be webOS land.</piratevoice>
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i see your point but i think what angers or upsets most is the androidy types hanging out around here when they should be in the android related forums somewhere to gossip about that kinda stuff, <piratevoice>this be webOS land.</piratevoice>
    You would have a point if:

- This wasn't the Other Tablets forum
    - This thread wasn't the repository to talk about said project.
    - People didn't have the option of not clicking on or replying to the thread.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Plus, the TouchPad only runs webOS at the moment. Why would TouchPad users go to Androidcentral?

I think Milo, in his usual fashion, says it best:

Suddenly instead of 5,700 apps, we would have 250,000.
    The religious war is over thanks to HP. Why resent someone for wanting to extract more functionality and value from their purchase?
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So I was cruising another site that I frequent and I saw this: HP TouchPad Purchased at Best Buy Reportedly Runs Android Out of the Box - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Video included, people/devs are still trying to figure out if this is true or a hoax, looks real enough to me.

As for me I truly love webOS, but it's nice to know we might have options if webOS devs give up on us.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Better watch yourself brotha...

...I hear the webOS defenders coming already

p.s. Their plan of attack is to say ridiculous things like "I hope those developers fail" and "if I wanted an android tablet I would have bought one" and "this is a webOS forum so you can only talk about webOS things here"... pay them no attention since their words mean nothing.
    People who can't keep the camera still should be prevented from posting their janky videos, just like people who can't form a proper sentence should have their keyboards taken away.

/oldmanrant
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Better watch yourself brotha...

...I hear the old timer / webOS trolls coming already
    Don't shoot the messenger! I only posted it to get that exact reaction. Like I said, love webOS, but that's technology for you, always evolving. If anything, blame the devs, I'm just your everyday consumer with a cheap tablet!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast