Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 327
Like Tree262Likes
  1. lornaevo's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    908 Global Posts
    #101  
    I am an Android User and just snagged a 32GB from Amazon. I haven't use WebOs yet but for $150 you can't complain.
  2. #102  
    I got the touchpad from Amazon for $60 but only to putaway until someone can port android on it. I'm a former webos user (alot of android users are). I loved webos.I sat at the sprint store at 1am to be the first to by the Pre. But honestly I have no interest in webos anymore really. I ofcourse rooted for it.. Just got the touchpad for the hardware. Well worth $99 or under just for the hardware.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    YES! You got it right. It strikes me that this effort is exactly backwards. It's like the Simpson's episode where Homer hopes a cat-dog crossbreed has the loyalty of a cat and the cleanliness of a dog.

    It's the Pre, Veer, and TouchPad that are going away, not webOS. Getting webOS onto better hardware should be the Holy Grail.
    Yes! Why don't we start a campaign to get webos on the Evo3d or other similar hardware!
    spikea4 and callmechewy like this.
  4. 11B1P's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    I agree with most of what you said. But, the quality apps are not there either, and I own a pixi plus and touchpad, but find me a sports tap scores app, or any other sports scores app that doesn't cost money?
    This is where it boils down. You and I have different tastes in apps. Me, I could care less about a sports score app, you do. We all need to realize that our definition of the app market is different. I don't need 500,000 apps. But just because the HP app market is not chocked full of thousands upon thousands of apps, doesn't make the HP app market any less valuable.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Have you bothered to install the update? You can barely do anything on your TP? Kindle is buggy? Really?? I don't have any of those problems, but I guess I got one of the better TPs......

    Man messenger? What is that?
    As an owner of a Pre, it's still disconcerting that the cold boot startup still ranges in the minute range. Apps still do take a long time to open, even with the Preware enhancements. I'm not synergizing anything and it's still sluggish. It's not horrible, but WebOS doesn't feel optimized on the Touchpad. At this point, it will probably never be.

    I welcome an Android port.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Have you bothered to install the update? You can barely do anything on your TP? Kindle is buggy? Really?? I don't have any of those problems, but I guess I got one of the better TPs......

    Man messenger? What is that?
    msn messenger likely a typo - though when i recommended the synergy messaging patch i didn't think that it might not be touchpad-compatible. I've not got a touchpad yet, but if the firesale ever gets across the atlantic i'l let you know...
  7. #107  
    To each his her own. I would rather have a android tablet
  8. DreamScar's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #108  
    I will admit I bought the 32gb touchpad specifically to wipe and install android. After playing with it for a day, however, I am leaning more and more toward a dual boot approach. WebOS certainly is very nice looking, but it lacks a lot of apps to duplicate what I have installed on my phone and has some features in the os and apps that don't appeal to me.

    I am looking forward to having a cheap, decently powerful android tablet, but I think I'll still keep WebOS on the machine and am hopeful to see further development of the software.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I got the touchpad from Amazon for $60 but only to putaway until someone can port android on it. I'm a former webos user (alot of android users are). I loved webos.I sat at the sprint store at 1am to be the first to by the Pre. But honestly I have no interest in webos anymore really. I ofcourse rooted for it.. Just got the touchpad for the hardware. Well worth $99 or under just for the hardware.
    I fear this is what's going to happen to most Touchpads and it drives me to distraction.
  10. #110  
    ^^^
    what he said
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamScar View Post
    I will admit I bought the 32gb touchpad specifically to wipe and install android. After playing with it for a day, however, I am leaning more and more toward a dual boot approach. WebOS certainly is very nice looking, but it lacks a lot of apps to duplicate what I have installed on my phone and has some features in the os and apps that don't appeal to me.

    I am looking forward to having a cheap, decently powerful android tablet, but I think I'll still keep WebOS on the machine and am hopeful to see further development of the software.
    Thank god! WebOS mainly is just lacking apps, everything else (for the most part) works better. REMEMBER TO GET THE LATEST UPDATES.
  12. cdjh's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    #112  
    personally, I'd rather see a Dalvik virtual machine on the webos touchpad than full android. This would allow for android apps to run like Blackberry playbook.

    webos just does too many things right to port a full version of android that will be buggy as hell
    untitled and callmechewy like this.
  13. #113  
    3/4 of the hp apps for the touchpad suck or dont work so i welcome the android port too
  14. akshunj's Avatar
    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    what the hell is an enyo or a mojo. And if a ice cream sandwich or some froyo makes you want to puke your a sad man.
    Hey Cletus, you are = you're.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    personally, I'd rather see a Dalvik virtual machine on the webos touchpad than full android. This would allow for android apps to run like Blackberry playbook.

    webos just does too many things right to port a full version of android that will be buggy as hell
    You might be onto something there.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Great. Now all the Android-fans will try to buy a Touchpad as well and leave none for the true webOS fans... Dislike.
    true webOS fans? This tablet is dead. So what if people like me are ecstatic about having android ported over. No one is forcing you to run android on your tablet so why the negativity? At least the touchpad can now live on as probably the most successful budget android converted tablet...ever.

    ...and the beauty? YOU can still run webOS. Win-win for all
  17. DreamScar's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Thank god! WebOS mainly is just lacking apps, everything else (for the most part) works better. REMEMBER TO GET THE LATEST UPDATES.
    the first thing I did was update the TP, then load up Preware and get all the patches and such. So far my biggest issue apart from lack of apps is that there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default applications if you have different apps you want as default. For instance, I would like to use advanced browser for everything, but the default browser ends up being used for a lot of links. It would be nice to delete the default browser or just remove it as the default action. I also don't particularly care for the card system, but its more just a thing I'll need to get used to.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Touchdroid --Android for the HP Touchpad

    Looks like the touchpad community now has an official development team working towards porting Android gingerbread (and later on ice cream sandwich) to our favorite $99 tablet!!!

    I love webos (currently still using a pixi plus and will get a veer) but the future of the touchpad appears to be Android. Webos wont get many apps developed for it and if we could get the hundreds of thousands of Android apps like Netflix and document editing that would make the Touchpad perfect
    Waste of time. Unless it's the most recent Honeycomb, it's going to be terrible to use on the TouchPad.
  19. Kujila's Avatar
    Posts
    400 Posts
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    #119  
    ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. iamtina's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #120  
    Quote - To be fair "true" webos fans most likely got thier product on launch day.

    Not true. The price is what held back a lot of "true" WebOS fans. That and waiting for the Pre3 to come out, hopefully to a carrier of choice.

Posting Permissions