Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Sorry. This thread should not be in the Pre Central forum. This should be over at AndroidCentral.

THis is a webOS community supporting webOS, not Android.
    Amen!

I say we ban anyone who installs android on a TP.
    Last edited by mistaox; 08/21/2011 at 05:43 PM.
    DaveyBoy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    How about an Android emulator ?
    No thanks!

Why are you here?..just curious.
    11B1P likes this.
    you can easily just put the 3/4 buttons on the touchscreen. The buttons on some HTC are on screen already.

I dont know what you are smoking but the screen on the Touchpad is average at best.
    may I ask which HTC device has hardware buttons on-screen and not touch sensored physical buttons? a device that is not Honeycomb btw. Its possible to put a UI with some of the android buttons it takes more time to do so because it has to remain consistent even in applications as you would have to have a way to get out of the app or need to use the settings, etc.(ala Honeycomb)

Ive been using a Android device for a year and rooted and hacked many of my family and friend's devices. Ive tried nearly every rom out there for my device and OC it. I like Android but I prefer webOS.

I never said anything about screen resolution btw.
    Last edited by shoichikun808; 08/21/2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    well, i'll buy anything for $100
    I have some real estate and a bridge I'd LOVE to sell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Touchdroid --Android for the HP Touchpad

Looks like the touchpad community now has an official development team working towards porting Android gingerbread (and later on ice cream sandwich) to our favorite $99 tablet!!!

I love webos (currently still using a pixi plus and will get a veer) but the future of the touchpad appears to be Android. Webos wont get many apps developed for it and if we could get the hundreds of thousands of Android apps like Netflix and document editing that would make the Touchpad perfect
    I asked for this at XDA along with other Touchpad owners. I look at it as insurance if HP decides to close the app catalog. Seriously though, how many of the new Touchpad owners will actually install Android on their devices? Maybe 4% or so. The rest will keep the OS that is already there on it until it is no longer supported. These are the same folks that won't update their iPhones and can't figure out how to run a virus scan on their PCs. Either way I am going to donate funds to the team. I will also continue to buy webOS apps as long as they are available. Hate to say it but I like using webOS more.
    11B1P likes this.
    If it could dual boot i'd be all for it.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    So they are replacing webOS and installing Android? A bit of a step down isn't it?
    ahh close minded fannboyz everywhere...
    Not closed minded, just not interested in reading about Android ports in the webOS forums. We'd head over to Android Central for that kind of content.
    Soorma, 11B1P and falconrap like this.
    IMO, porting Android to the TP is like dropping in a V8 from a Camaro and ditching the Porsche flat 6 because the Camaro motor has more aftermarket parts for it. Just because it sounds like a good idea doesnt mean it should be done.
    Last edited by remmy123; 08/21/2011 at 10:02 PM.
    JayhawkOne and falconrap like this.
    Honestly I don't see the big deal with Cards on a Tablet. For phones its the way to go. But tablets I prefer the app switcher that HC has where you press a button and a list of all the apps you used comes up.
    What we all mean to say is:

Great, people have an alternative now. But please, this is a webOS site. This week has shook the community and now we're seeing people buy dozens of Palm TouchPad's to put Android on it?

Please, before you go for Android, try out webOS. Give it a week, try everything out. There is something in webOS that only people that use it can see. Please do
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    mysterfix and 11B1P like this.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    I just bought an iPad 2, and ported WebOS on it! Now thats the ticket!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    How is it a shame too have options.

Too bad no honeycomb on it until around October.

as long as it can be a dual boot, then I would go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    What we all mean to say is:

Great, people have an alternative now. But please, this is a webOS site. This week has shook the community and now we're seeing people buy dozens of Palm TouchPad's to put Android on it?

Please, before you go for Android, try out webOS. Give it a week, try everything out. There is something in webOS that only people that use it can see. Please do
    ...And for Gods sake make sure your touchpad has been updated! The release software is very buggy and the update makes a huge difference!
    Soorma and falconrap like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    as long as it can be a dual boot, then I would go for it.
    Now I am down for dual booting OTOH
    Given the events that have just occurred I don't see anything wrong with people talking about alternative options due to the uncertainty of WebOS.

Having this discussion on an Android site will keep WebOS users from ever knowing options like this exist.
    HAS to be dual boot
    1 ghz Sprint Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I can barely do anything on the touchpad. Kindle is extremely buggy, some webpages don't work, device is laggy, and no worth while apps. The pdf app is also horrible. I had a palm pre before so I am familiar with Webos. I also can't use man messenger and the windows live website does not work. What exactly am I missing?
    You need to get yourself preware and install some patches. Although the synerfy messaging patch isn't on preware and elsewhere in these forums (just do a search) which gives you fully integrated messaging with just about all platforms - though it's not push, so watch your battery.
    I think the vast majority of android users once they start to use WebOS will be hooked. Especially when they get to compare the 2 side by side.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast