Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 327
Like Tree262Likes
  1. #41  
    I hope it will be available soon. I just bought 4 Touchpad for that reason.

    How could HP choose WebOS over Android ! It is slow, it lags, the UI is terrible and the market is empty !
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    How dare someone try to give the TouchPad a future!
    If it's running Android it's no longer a Touchpad.

    I hope folks will at least get to know webOS before they put on Android on it. It really is a great OS and could use some supporters (donate to the Web-a-Thon if your can ), to help it reach it's full potential even without HP.

    Try it, you might like it!
    11B1P likes this.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    I hope it will be available soon. I just bought 4 Touchpad for that reason.

    How could HP choose WebOS over Android ! It is slow, it lags, the UI is terrible and the market is empty !
    I'd apply all that right back onto Android. In fact, as far as I know, Android has less Honeycomb optimized apps then TouchPad optimized apps. Sure it's slow and it lags, but Android has fair share of that too and the UI, I must say it's superior to Android IMHO.
    Soorma and falconrap like this.
  4. #44  
    Ha, all this talk about how bad android is, I have 2 android phones and an android tablet, and it runs circles around webos in functionality, not out of box mind you.

    My Pre did instant emails with IMAP better than android, but add Kaiten Mail do an android and the situation reverses. Synergy on Palm was great, it made sure all my contacts were linked at google for the androids to pick them up with no hassles at all

    I have used palms since the palmpilot days, and then the handspring phone with the bulky module, to the treo, centro, and now pre. Androids are not 'backwards'
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
  5. #45  
    What a waste of a good tablet.
    Soorma likes this.
  6. #46  
    i don't understand this -- HP has effectively killed hardware for webos but the software is supposedly still alive -- so they are taking a dead device and relacing a living os with a different os -- i don't see the point
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7. #47  
    I think its awesome to be able to port any OS to any tablet. But if you're buying a TouchPad just for the hope of getting android on it, then that is a huge waste of a great tablet. I agree. And a waste to the actual webOS FANS that couldn't get a TouchPad at firesale prices.
    Sprint Love
    Soorma, 11B1P and sledge007 like this.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    If it's running Android it's no longer a Touchpad.

    I hope folks will at least get to know webOS before they put on Android on it. It really is a great OS and could use some supporters (donate to the Web-a-Thon if your can ), to help it reach it's full potential even without HP.

    Try it, you might like it!
    Sorry but I just cant see anything great about WebOS...
  9. tp2386's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    I hope it will be available soon. I just bought 4 Touchpad for that reason.

    How could HP choose WebOS over Android ! It is slow, it lags, the UI is terrible and the market is empty !
    Really? I'll give you SOME credit on the other things you said, but the UI? It is what makes WebOS stand out. It's post like this that makes me wonder how these forums will turn out with all of the newcomers we will be getting.
    Soorma likes this.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    What a waste of a good tablet.
    No, it isn't. People will try to port anything on everything. This is in our nature. I feel bad too because HP schmucks have killed webOS, but this could become interesting effort. I somehow don't believe it will work at all, but I understand their passion.

    On other hand I can't understand this guy:

    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    I hope it will be available soon. I just bought 4 Touchpad for that reason.

    How could HP choose WebOS over Android ! It is slow, it lags, the UI is terrible and the market is empty !
    If you like Android why did you buy 4 Touchpads instead one Android tablet which would have much more functionality than 4 Touchpads with ported Android?
    Its plain stupid to me.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by dong1225 View Post
    I'd apply all that right back onto Android. In fact, as far as I know, Android has less Honeycomb optimized apps then TouchPad optimized apps. Sure it's slow and it lags, but Android has fair share of that too and the UI, I must say it's superior to Android IMHO.
    I tried both and there is no way someone could prefer WebOS over Honeycomb IMO.

    And optimized or not, the quality and the speed of applications on any Android tablets are by far superior to anything I used on my Touchpad.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    I hope it will be available soon. I just bought 4 Touchpad for that reason.

    How could HP choose WebOS over Android ! It is slow, it lags, The UI is terrible and the market is empty !
    LOL

    Androids' ui looks like it was designed using Mspaint.

    With Android you cant even close apps...well not easily. In, fact you have to download an app to help you close other apps....how insane is that?!! After a few weeks of stacking and swiping cards, you will be hooked.
    IGNTNUNLMTD likes this.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    LOL

    Androids' ui looks like it was designed using Mspaint.

    With Android you cant even close apps...well not easily. In, fact you have to download an app to help you close other apps....how insane is that?!! After a few weeks of stacking and swiping cards, you will be hooked.
    Umm in android you go to applications in settings and click close apps. Or you can download a launcher that can do it for you.
  14. #54  
    Not sure how well this will be...

    first off the tablet only has one physical button and unless the Android-to-TP team wants to replace some other buttons with actions it will be hard since for gingerbread it still needs the back, menu, search, and home buttons. They would need to put a UI on the screen to make it work if they don't replace any of the original physical buttons which other than the one on front of the device would be the volume buttons and thats it. They could also just use one of the buttons functions and thats it...

    Next the applications while their are many in the Android Market none will be that nice looking on the TP screen. Unless the team can trick the apps to believe it is a Honeycomb tablet it won't look that nice and wont be optimized especially without the physical buttons. Some of the applications that are made for the phones will not scale to full screen without Honeycomb I believe. Maybe the team can trick the OS into thinking its one VERY big phone or something...idk...

    The only way this is a big success is if ICS can come out soon. Or Google open sources the Honeycomb source code.

    I wont be using this unless they can get either ICS or Honeycomb on the TP. I am fine with what I have with the current TP webOS.
    Last edited by shoichikun808; 08/21/2011 at 05:24 PM.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    Really? I'll give you SOME credit on the other things you said, but the UI? It is what makes WebOS stand out. It's post like this that makes me wonder how these forums will turn out with all of the newcomers we will be getting.
    Yeah the UI is completly absurd and everyone around me agree. Look at what we have to do to close an app ! Hilarious !

    Im curious, how do you explain the end of the Touchpad if WebOS is so great ?
  16. #56  
    Sorry. This thread should not be in the Pre Central forum. This should be over at AndroidCentral.

    THis is a webOS community supporting webOS, not Android.
  17. #57  
    I think it's a great idea! The Touchpad has virtually the same specs as the Evo 3D so I can see this easily happening. same CPU, same GPU. Almost the same resolution. It should fly pretty good on this hardware. dual boot would be awesome!
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Umm in android you go to applications in settings and click close apps. Or you can download a launcher that can do it for you.

    Ummm..i know!!! that was the point!..read my post again..LOL
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Umm in android you go to applications in settings and click close apps. Or you can download a launcher that can do it for you.
    Exactly his point
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by shoichikun808 View Post
    Not sure how well this will be...

    first off the tablet only has one physical button and unless the Android-to-TP team wants to replace some other buttons with actions it will be hard since for gingerbread it still needs the back, menu, search, and home buttons. They would need to put a UI on the screen to make it work if they don't replace any of the original physical buttons.

    Next the applications while their are many in the Android Market none will be that nice looking on the TP screen. Unless the team can get the applications to trick the apps to believe it is a Honeycomb tablet it won't look that nice and wont be optimized especially without the physical buttons.

    The only way this is a big success is if ICS can come out soon. Or Google released the Honeycomb source code.

    I wont be using this unless they can get either ICS or Honeycomb on the TP. I am fine with what I have with the current TP webOS.
    you can easily just put the 3/4 buttons on the touchscreen. The buttons on some HTC are on screen already.

    I dont know what you are smoking but the screen on the Touchpad is average at best.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions