Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
Like Tree262Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    My EVO 3d has the same specs as the touchpad and runs circles around it in every way. The phone is actually has plenty more features and even comes with a fully functional office suite, apps open without delay, full feature browser and i can go on and on.

Webos is nice in theory but they never got it working right.
    anandtech.com actually published an article about this a few weeks ago. Their conclusion was that webOS is just an unoptimized dog.

If this hardware sounds familiar to you it's because it's the modem-less version of the MSM8x60, the same SoC used in the HTC Sensation and the EVO 3D.

[...]

My point here is that the Qualcomm hardware is technically fast enough to deliver a smooth UI in webOS. The problem wasn't the hardware.
    AnandTech - It's Not Qualcomm's Fault: Dispelling TouchPad Myths
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    In Greece until May people could only use free apps And that's not the only european country that didn't have access to paid apps of course after 2 years of android being available to those countries.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    But why restrict it at all to begin with? Card-fraud is a bad excuse..

I don't even know if Sweden ever will be available to paid apps.. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    How am I going to comment on other android devices that I have never owned or used? I had the epic 4G before and that's a year old but still run circles around the touchpad in functions and overall performance. android is very well optimized and don't have the user waiting over10 seconds to open some very basic apps. HP / Palm never got around to fixing the numerous issues with the Webos software and that's one reason why it kept failing.
    Please refer to the original post I was quoting, speaking about an OS, not a specific device. That is why I replied in the way I did. I didn't ask anyone to comment on specific devices, I asked for clarification on the OS as a whole. This was all in response to the original statement about Android... not the devices you use or have used.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Please refer to the original post I was quoting, speaking about an OS, not a specific device. That is why I replied in the way I did. I didn't ask anyone to comment on specific devices, I asked for clarification on the OS as a whole. This was all in response to the original statement about Android... not the devices you use or have used.
    But you're not being fair.

The thread is about the TouchPad receiving Andriod. deihmos is telling you what Andriod is like on a device that compares very favorably to the TP. Until a stable ROM is released the EVO 3D is the best test bed for what Andriod will be like on the TP.

However you've taken a left turn and tried to make it about hardware. Of course the Andriod OS isn't going to run very well on a crappy piece of hardware, just like Webos 3 isn't going to run very well on a Centro, and Windows 7 isn't going to run very well on a 486 PC.

but the evo 3d is not every android device, can we agree it is a high end android device at the least? We can also then agree that the evo 3D does not represent the vast majority of android devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    But you're not being fair.

The thread is about the TouchPad receiving Andriod. deihmos is telling you what Andriod is like on a device that compares very favorably to the TP. Until a stable ROM is released the EVO 3D is the best test bed for what Andriod will be like on the TP.

However you've taken a left turn and tried to make it about hardware. Of course the Andriod OS isn't going to run very well on a crappy piece of hardware, just like Webos 3 isn't going to run very well on a Centro, and Windows 7 isn't going to run very well on a 486 PC.
    please go back and read the original post that led to this discussion... It was not about device but OS
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yes, I think Android runs more smoothly than webOS provided you're not using it on absolute bottom of the barrel hardware (I'm looking at you, Pandigital).
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but I believe that the LG Ally is fairly equal to the Palm Pre in specs...and my Pre runs webOS a lot smoother than my Ally runs Android 2.2.

I see nothing wrong with dual-booting Android and webOS, but I would hate to get rid of it completely on the Touchpad.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617