Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by austriak View Post
    Can you post where you see this. I only see where they say touch screen is not working.
    [Discussion] CyanogenMod team Touchpad port - Page 6
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    That's complete wrong. I'm sorry but there is no reason to replace sn awesome keyboard and TP has more apps than honeycomb of course so I guess there are more games too.

The only thing that is true the browser .nI

Edit: webOS doesn't need task manager...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

We get it, you are a enthusiastic webos supporter, despite that, there are still a ton of android apps, 2 market places (google and amazon) If our job is to convince you that its a good thing, we will fail. We get that. The point is that folks are using these devices for more than just angry birds...
    I would be way more excited if they managed to emulate Android in a card rather than dual boot. The only reasons want android on this tablet are a couple more apps and games, everything else about android is nothing special... So dual booting would just be a pain in the rear.
    Philly-Sports likes this.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    That's complete wrong. I'm sorry but there is no reason to replace sn awesome keyboard and TP has more apps than honeycomb of course so I guess there are more games too.

The only thing that is true the browser .nI

Tp has an awesome keyboard? Not sure I can buy that. After using SwiftKey (which has an awesome tablet version btw) I can't call the tp keyboard anything more than serviceable.

And I don't know how tp can possibly have more apps than honeycomb, but even if that's true, check again in two weeks....

Netflix alone is reason enough to switch.

I'm nowhere near saying webos sucks, kinda like it actually. If it had half the support of android, there'd be no question. Fact is, it just doesn't. So why not dual boot?
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    webOS doesn't need task manager...

That got me surprised too. What does anyone need taskmanager on the TP for?
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    Plus-side of Android;
    Widget-enabled framework, not being locked to a certain billingcountry to buy apps.

A shame really cause I really like webos, the biggest problem is the restriction of country to pay for apps in App catalog..
    Originally Posted by viper151<br />
    Can you tell me what can Android offer that webOS can't ?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Netflix!
    Agreed.. Can't you watch through the browser?

l8 sd18Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesus View Post
    We get it, you are a enthusiastic webos supporter, despite that, there are still a ton of android apps, 2 market places (google and amazon) If our job is to convince you that its a good thing, we will fail. We get that. The point is that folks are using these devices for more than just angry birds...
    + 1

Why not dual boot both? Best of everything. Loving webos doesn't mean we have to ignore the reality that android has MUCH more support
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    Tp has an awesome keyboard? Not sure I can buy that. After using SwiftKey (which has an awesome tablet version btw) I can't call the tp keyboard anything more than serviceable.

And I don't know how tp can possibly have more apps than honeycomb, but even if that's true, check again in two weeks....

I'm nowhere near saying webos sucks, kinda like it actually. If it had half the support of android, there'd be no question. Fact is, it just doesn't. So why not dual boot?
    I'm using swype at the moment and I can assure you that I can you're faster on TP. Honeycomb has 297 apps after 1 year, TP has more than 400 in only 8 weeks.

Can you tell me what can Android offer that webOS can't ?

A browser that doesn't run off the cache.

Fantastic widgets that I can just glance at when looking for information.

Its not just that Android has more apps, but I feel that the apps are of better quality. And its not even about games, most sites never made the jump to webOS because its another developer they have to pay.

Again, I think webOS is slick, fun, and intuitive. My only beef is that it wasn't ready to take on iPad or Android. They should've made it a single core 1.5 out of the box and priced it to move off the shelves ($200 range), but the OS was too buggy and is a memory hog that would've slowed it down.
    Last edited by Demiroquai; 09/04/2011 at 10:01 AM.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    vella_ and Jameson42 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTriXx View Post
    Plus-side of Android;
    Widget-enabled framework, not being locked to a certain billingcountry to buy apps.

A shame really cause I really like webos, the biggest problem is the restriction of country to pay for apps in App catalog..
    In Greece until May people could only use free apps And that's not the only european country that didn't have access to paid apps of course after 2 years of android being available to those countries.

+ 1

Why not dual boot both? Best of everything. Loving webos doesn't mean we have to ignore the reality that android has MUCH more support
    I didn't say it is bad , but someone said that gingerbread was more functional and I just asked why politely

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Wow, I think 2 years of being the underdog has made webos fans a bit touchy. I get it. I waited out in a line to get the palm pre on day 1. I loved that phone. It just didn't win, that's all. I wish it had done better. But the fact is, devs have only so many resources, so they put them where they see the biggest return. Unfortunately, that is NOT webos. There is no denying that
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    I didn't say it is bad , but someone said that gingerbread was more functional and I just asked why politely

Probably just that honeycomb is newer and totally different than anything before it where gingerbread has just been a slow progression of android from the beginning. I'd just say honeycomb is prettier on tablets. Not near as elegant as webos tho, that's for sure
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts

You'd think that but the reality is that the memory management is terrible in WebOS and lots of apps still using up memory, even after you toss the cards away. The more I talk to developers, the more I'm convinced that once you get beyond the shiny GUI, WebOS is rotten underneath - I'm not sure if it's linux or luna but something isn't right. Which might explain why HP can't get anyone to license it because of what needs to be done below the surface.
    beardedspoooon likes this.
    wow, I'd rather see someone port webos to an android tablet.... I would never use android os (albeit a great os) over webos.
    jetsetter883 likes this.
    Well I guess apps only is not the reason.
    I think android uses the hardware in a more optimized way as compared to webOS. I mean 1.2 ghz dual core processor, 1 gb ram, adreno 220 gpu are the best specs you can imagine....still the performance is not that great that it should have. We need to overclock it to 1.7 ghz to match with ipad performance. I know webOS is great but it need further updates (which I hope hp will give us soon) to improve the performance.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    You'd think that but the reality is that the memory management is terrible in WebOS and lots of apps still using up memory, even after you toss the cards away. The more I talk to developers, the more I'm convinced that once you get beyond the shiny GUI, WebOS is rotten underneath - I'm not sure if it's linux or luna but something isn't right. Which might explain why HP can't get anyone to license it because of what needs to be done below the surface.
    Also...

If webOS didn't need some sort of task management, people wouldn't recommend restarting the TP when it starts to lag or chug a bit, or wouldn't recommend JSTop.
    The problem I see with android is it is already too fragmented. How many different phones and tablets is android on? They tried putting 2.2 and 2.3 on tablets and from what I've used it is very clunky. I am no webOS fan boy or iOS fan boy but I just don't see what the fuss is about a mobile os that has more force closes than windows 95.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Netflix streaming that's lost access to Starz movies and will have even fewer new movie releases? IMO it's always been overrrated, I rarely find movies I'm interested in available for streaming.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz