Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes
    Try the Android section of the forums. Most (notice I said most, don't start flaming) of us here aren't going to install the ROM.
    geekpeter likes this.
    webOS > Android
    geekpeter likes this.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by artitumis View Post
    Try the Android section of the forums. Most (notice I said most, don't start flaming) of us here aren't going to install the ROM.
    I understand, and no flaming necessary! I am an app-a-holic and the WebOS market does not satisfy my need.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    webOS > Android
    First time ever using webOS and I agree! If I could use the Android market with webOS I would! The market is the only thing making me want to switch.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoffy22 View Post
    I understand, and no flaming necessary! I am an app-a-holic and the WebOS market does not satisfy my need.
    One diehard on here says you do not need apps because of the awesome internet ............

I tried to explain most want apps LOL

Honestly if you give the community and HP just a few weeks they are already putting out new apps I have seen more than a few in the past week
    First time ever using webOS and I agree! If I could use the Android market with webOS I would!
    I would too. But I will wait for Ice Cream Sandwich to finish and become a polished gem by Google before contemplating porting Android to the TP.
    until webos is officially dead (if ever) the status is it officially blows
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    LocoTreoGurl likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    webOS > Android
    yes and no.there just aren't any apps. I've been on android for two years and as far as functionality goes webOS is better but the app game gotta get better. For instance I had to buy advanced browser just to download mp3s from website which is bull. I'm sure webOS on a pre is great but there isn't a comparison between android and webOS on tablets.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    One thing that I will say undoubtedly about Android vs webOS is that webOS multitasking is amazing! It's the next best thing since tabbed internet browsing! Android can't compete in that area.
    65fastback likes this.
    Meh.

Give me android in card and we'll talk. I'm not opposed to using it but I don't see it as the massive benefit some people are making it out to be. The touchpad does what I want it to do right now with a few minor exceptions (that I assume will be patched soon).

At any rate, considering the maturity level of the individuals working on the project, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm sure it'll come eventually, once the circus dies down.

Honestly, I'm kindof holding out hope that the webos internals team beats all of them to the punch and trots out a solution. That would be quite hilarious .
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterthegamer View Post
    Android is still ugly, not user friendly, aned has no easy way to multi-task. So yes I will stick with webOS. For as long as I can!
    You are misinformed, simply long pressing the home key (up/house key in web os) pulls icon for recently used Apps, no flicking necessary and much faster than web os. It's tedious and time wasting to flick around cards or menus to find Apps in webOS. I like speed and minimal clicks (palm is was king in this area). I could go on...
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Have fun just surfing the net and checking emails on the device. I for one would welcome being able to use Netflix, tons of office suites, web browsers (touchpad web browser is terrible) and a whole lot of good stuff. Already found plenty websites that do now work with the touchpad. Don't talk about how laggy the touchpad is. It is just as slow as my launch day pre.
    Agreed. Bring on android. Precentral why not a androidathon? Bet it would raise more money and extend life of this site
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    One thing that I will say undoubtedly about Android vs webOS is that webOS multitasking is amazing! It's the next best thing since tabbed internet browsing! Android can't compete in that area.
    The sad thing is, webOS multitasking/task-switching on this tablet is crippled compared to the phones. No gesture area. No advanced gestures. People experiencing the tablet only have no idea how good the OS really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    There is a term in marketing for customers that ignores the obvious flaws in a product to make themselves feel better. I just can't remember the term. Even at 1.5ghz the touch pad still lags and loads apps longer than my old laptop from 5 years back.

Post-purchase rationalization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Since I was lucky enough to get two TP, I will keep one on WebOS and will root the other to see how I feel after the dev's have their time to play. It did not make me happy to have to pay extra for a browser with tabs on the TP. Honestly, the TP needed a few more months of work before they should have released it. There is good with WebOS but there is also much lacking.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    The sad thing is, webOS multitasking/task-switching on this tablet is crippled compared to the phones. No gesture area. No advanced gestures. People experiencing the tablet only have no idea how good the OS really is.
    can you elaborate more on the difference? (I googled and I'm a new webOs user and based on reading the gesture area does not seem like a big deal, again based on a non-user)
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    One diehard on here says you do not need apps because of the awesome internet ............

I tried to explain most want apps LOL

Honestly if you give the community and HP just a few weeks they are already putting out new apps I have seen more than a few in the past week
    totally correct except the HP part, they dotn make apps, which was kinda 1 of the problems at the start.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsplatpc View Post
    can you elaborate more on the difference? (I googled and I'm a new webOs user and based on reading the gesture area does not seem like a big deal, again based on a non-user)
    Switching between two applications is as simple as a single motion, a full left or right sweep across the gesture area. That transitions you from one application to the next directly with a single action. No middle, desktop cards view step. It's as smooth and immediate as task switching gets. It's slick to use but also very useful for instances when you might want to compare information in two apps, say comparing contact information on a webpage to what you have listed in your contacts list app.

The last few swipes on here... moving from the email app to the music player, back to the email app, then to his browser at the google homepage..

Last edited by LurkerX; 08/28/2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    deihmos: You might want to read the thread. Even just the top of this page. I already commented on that.