Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes
    Find it funny that alot of people are saying that Android sucks but wouldn't mind VMing android apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    I agree with most of what you said. But, the quality apps are not there either, and I own a pixi plus and touchpad, but find me a sports tap scores app, or any other sports scores app that doesn't cost money?
    CBS Sports app for the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Legit?
    Hoax?
    What are those three white squares on the screen above the physical button?

Is it a plastic overlay that's on the TP when you first take it out of the box or something?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    Find it funny that alot of people are saying that Android sucks but wouldn't mind VMing android apps.
    Lesser of two evils. Faced with the choice of no apps at all or Android apps almost all of us will take Android apps. Android itself is not bad but the UI sucks. Why do you think HTC and Samsung make their own custom UIs for it and there are half a dozen home screen replacements? 3.x looks a lot better but not by much.

Before anyone attempts to flame me look at the Touchpad forum over at XDA Developers or just do a search for my username there. I've been using Android for a long time. I ported it to my ATT Tilt a long time ago and have used it on a few devices. I still prefer webOS but I will move to Android (kicking and screaming) if webOS dies.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post

Is it a plastic overlay that's on the TP when you first take it out of the box or something?
    Not sure. Looks like a prototype device. The video shows the guys reading "ubuntu" from it when it booted. It looks like some HP techs maybe were like "hehehehe let's put android on this" and it somehow made it into the wild with all the chaos of the TouchPad bonanza

The fact it's 2.2.1, not Gingerbread or Honeycomb, and those weird white squares and QUIC bootlogo, make it seem more legit to me

I am gullible though so who knows :P
    Looks like an overlay and I'm guessing the squares represent "Card Mode" when you touch the button. And the other white "C" with a line in the middle at the top is representing where the power button is?

I don't buy it that the TP came that way, looks a little staged and over acting.
    The app selection is nice, but many here don't like the OS itself. Not that hard to understand.
    falconrap and 11B1P like this.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    From Rootzwiki Forums:

The guy who posted it claims he will ask to look at it again tomorrow, and see if he can do a system dump.
    Why develop a hack to put Android on the touchpad if someone internally already did and leaked it!
    No different than people running Macs with Windows apps in VM.
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post

Yes, the plastic protector on the TP directs the new user to where all the buttons are on the device.

I don't believe that it came this way, either... unless it was a used device that someone was hacking on and then returned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by erick161 View Post
    exactly. The internals of this tablet are top notch.

fail, why? If you were a true WebOS fan, you would already have owned the tablet, period.

I believe android will face some legal troubles, but nothing like recent ban of samsung product's. Our law system, believe it or not, isn't as silly as theirs. A patent based on a vague drawing really stuck? Please...

I honestly think androids problem is fragmentation. This is obvious. Most people don't own superphones as they call them (all the new dual core phones basically). Pairing android 2.1 with a 600mhz processor will leave you wanting..and a lot of budget phones do just that. There isn't the consistency of apples products.

and newflash to you...membership probably doubled during the fire sale, fueled a lot by android hopefulls..
    Newsflash for you...HTC already had a preliminary injunction ruled against them for US (yes, the United States of America), with a pending appeal. This isn't about the stupid rectangular device with rounded corners patents. Apple has already been favorably ruled on for several patents that Android apparently violates. Unlike MS, Apple has 0 (that's ZERO) desire to allow any product with Android to be put in the US marketplace. They are going for the throat. Best case scenario, you are looking at another $15-30 on top of the MS $15 royalty. Worst case, a ban on Android product sales here. Too many Android fans seem to be sticking their heads in the sand going blah, blah, blah.

And, quite frankly, webOS is better. I don't care if it occasionally lags or stutters. I only care about how it lets me get things done. So I have zero interest in Android. Many of the people who may have bought with some Android thoughs in mind, might actually think differently after using webOS for a while. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by icstars989 View Post
    I can kind of agree. I prefer webOS, but if it's a future these guys want with a tablet I can understand them wanting Android on it. If it could dual boot, that may have me sold.

Then they should buy a friggen android tablet.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

11B1P likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Have fun just surfing the net and checking emails on the device. I for one would welcome being able to use Netflix, tons of office suites, web browsers (touchpad web browser is terrible) and a whole lot of good stuff. Already found plenty websites that do now work with the touchpad. Don't talk about how laggy the touchpad is. It is just as slow as my launch day pre.
    I have no complaints about my touchpad. I don't need netflix or office suites I have a laptop for that, I love the touchpad's browser I have no complaints. Mine is happily clocked at 1.5 and I see no lag.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

somebody already pointed this out on another site

HP's Photosmart eStation Android tablet hands-on (update: video!) -- Engadget
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    So, let me get this right:

webOS is an awesome OS (albeit with fewer Fart apps), but has only been produced on crappy hardware.

Android is a crappy OS (albeit with bajillions of Fart apps, depending on which distro) that has come out on state-of-the-art hardware.

So, you're all excited about putting a crappy OS on crappy hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    So, let me get this right:

webOS is an awesome OS (albeit with fewer Fart apps), but has only been produced on crappy hardware.

Android is a crappy OS (albeit with bajillions of Fart apps, depending on which distro) that has come out on state-of-the-art hardware.

So, you're all excited about putting a crappy OS on crappy hardware?
    Doesn't Webos lack most imortant or High Profile apps in return for a million sound boards.

Im still surprised ******* don't get the word "awesome" is subjective and their is no best OS just good Oses ranked by their usability.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I have no complaints about my touchpad. I don't need netflix or office suites I have a laptop for that, I love the touchpad's browser I have no complaints. Mine is happily clocked at 1.5 and I see no lag.
    There is a term in marketing for customers that ignores the obvious flaws in a product to make themselves feel better. I just can't remember the term. Even at 1.5ghz the touch pad still lags and loads apps longer than my old laptop from 5 years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    There is a term in marketing for customers that ignores the obvious flaws in a product to make themselves feel better. I just can't remember the term. Even at 1.5ghz the touch pad still lags and loads apps longer than my old laptop from 5 years back.
    major exaggeration, or broken touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    ahh close minded fannboyz everywhere...
    hmm.. and why are you here? On a website dedicated to webOS that is. I am sure there are tons of android websites out there. Wouldn't you be more at home there?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    11B1P likes this.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast