Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647 LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 929
Like Tree254Likes
  1. gsmiley's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #901  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I was just using it. Next to my computer screen, almost instantaneous screen (I'm talking over local network).

    Do local network with webos splashtop and you have a delay almost a second+ long and dodgy framerates on things like netflix or hulu.
    I have a strange situation. I ran Splashtop on Webos and it ran smoothly but did have a slight lag, was off a split second. I played super street fighter 4 and was able to play it. I install the Android one and I notice it was faster, but Lagged so much to the point of pausing the stream that I couldn't use it. In between the super lags, it was running great. I know its the wifi, but I still can't manage to get it set up right with the android. BTW, was playing games when I tested it out. I'll wait for the wifi fix and try it again. I know its Alpha
  2. #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
    I have a strange situation. I ran Splashtop on Webos and it ran smoothly but did have a slight lag, was off a split second. I played super street fighter 4 and was able to play it. I install the Android one and I notice it was faster, but Lagged so much to the point of pausing the stream that I couldn't use it. In between the super lags, it was running great. I know its the wifi, but I still can't manage to get it set up right with the android. BTW, was playing games when I tested it out. I'll wait for the wifi fix and try it again. I know its Alpha
    I'm not experiencing that - no lag whatsoever in android.

    Just for giggles I pulled up a countdown on the PC and streamed it via splashtop. On webos, the countdown was consistantly 1 second behond on the touchpad. On Android, the countdown was 1:1 perfect. 60 seconds to 0, never deviating.

    I could put the two videos up if anyone wanted to see them, but honestly, it's just video of a clock counting down . You get the idea though - splashtop on android is more responsive and streams more effectively than splashtop on webos. Simple as that. Test it for yourselves, you'll see what I'm saying is true. Is 1 second a big deal? No, but getting rid of the lag makes the whole experience very very very nice.

    Not dissing on having splashtop for webos or anything (I bought it the second it hit the market), just pointing out another thing that I'm enjoying in android - and it's free. Can't knock free.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  3. #903  
    Is there a known issue with connecting to open hotspots that throw up a captive portal?
  4. #904  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I'm not experiencing that - no lag whatsoever in android.

    Just for giggles I pulled up a countdown on the PC and streamed it via splashtop. On webos, the countdown was consistantly 1 second behond on the touchpad. On Android, the countdown was 1:1 perfect. 60 seconds to 0, never deviating.

    I could put the two videos up if anyone wanted to see them, but honestly, it's just video of a clock counting down . You get the idea though - splashtop on android is more responsive and streams more effectively than splashtop on webos. Simple as that. Test it for yourselves, you'll see what I'm saying is true. Is 1 second a big deal? No, but getting rid of the lag makes the whole experience very very very nice.

    Not dissing on having splashtop for webos or anything (I bought it the second it hit the market), just pointing out another thing that I'm enjoying in android - and it's free. Can't knock free.
    I can confirm the lack of lag. Can't compare to the webOS version though.
  5. #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Really loving opera browser - it's night and day to the stock webOS browser - however I might install Dolphin HD because it has a lastpass add-in.

    The more I play with evernote, the more I really like it because it's a proper tablet app and the ability to take handwritten notes is fantastic (just ordered a stylus) - can't wait for ICS, then the real fun starts.


    Anyone started to comply a list of apps that make advantage of the screen estate?

    So far I have

    Evernote
    News Republic
    Pulse

    Anyone got anything else?
    Hi. I can't see how to do handwritten notes in Evernote. Are you usingthebeta version someone linked to earlier? Thanks!
  6. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Keep android on androidcentral, webOS on precentral, we could have as much info as we want, its not like theres a need to have a touchdroid cyanogen forum subsection anywhere, i mean the device doesnt make much difference to the end user (which is why so many android lovers flocked to deprive touchpads from webOS users in the first place), its the OS that counts for them.

    Theres no better place for the "andoid OS" than android central, its not like the port has any amazing touchpad only extras, except touchstone recharging, but thats hardly a big thing.

    Slap a Sticky at the top pointing droid users to the required droidcentral sticky and at most thats all you need, if they brick the device im sure the droid central posts will easily post teh webOS doctor cure for that no problem.
    So explain this to me then. Why call the Touchpad forums "Touchpad Forum" when they are kicking information out threads about Android functions on a Touchpad. How is adding Android on to the Tablet make it any less a WebOS tablet then it was before? That's rhetorical because it doesn't. It's as much a homebrew development as the homebrew apps. They added functionality to the Touchpad, it didn't replace it.

    It just seems really stupid to move all threads about Android on a Touchpad out of the Touchpad forums. If you agree with that then every single thread on Ipad sleeves and cases should get moved to the non-Touchpad forums too, because those accessories were never designed for the Touchpad by Palm or HP. Too many mods here feel threatened when all Android does is add to the capabilities of the Touchpad, without removing what me and other people love/like about the OS.

    Might as well start moving out the threads of how to wirelessly tether to a Blackberry, Iphone, or Android device. How dare someone try to tether a WebOS tablet to an infidel's phone. Can't have that because that'd be admitting that another OS is capable of increasing the usefulness of a WebOS tablet.
    Last edited by kalel33; 10/18/2011 at 01:25 AM.
    DeadVim, Mordac and muyoso like this.
  7. gsmiley's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I can confirm the lack of lag. Can't compare to the webOS version though.
    Very strange how some people are having no issues with wifi and some are having a hard time, What router setup do you guys have. I'm running a WNDR3700 / with a WN111 adaptor from my computer. There has to be something setup wrong on my part.
  8. #908  
    'Specific Usage'??

    How about 'Android' for starters!

    Having been installed, will it not remain updatable as such?
    just because there are at least 1500 apps, doesn't automatically mean any of them are useful.. And Gods, the interface is terrible. If I didn't have to develop games for the platform, I'd never, -ever- go anywhere near Android


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9. #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    just because there are at least 1500 apps, doesn't automatically mean any of them are useful.. And Gods, the interface is terrible. If I didn't have to develop games for the platform, I'd never, -ever- go anywhere near Android


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Good point.... and Not to mention that you would never install more than maybe 100 apps at best... and to use them all? Come on.
  10. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #910  
    Quote Originally Posted by carlatn View Post
    Hi. I can't see how to do handwritten notes in Evernote. Are you usingthebeta version someone linked to earlier? Thanks!
    I installed the beta but it updated via the market - does it not look like this:



    Notice that the note I scrawl by hand at the end of the video is searchable as shown below:

    Last edited by CGK; 10/18/2011 at 05:41 AM.
  11. #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I'm not experiencing that - no lag whatsoever in android.

    Just for giggles I pulled up a countdown on the PC and streamed it via splashtop. On webos, the countdown was consistantly 1 second behond on the touchpad. On Android, the countdown was 1:1 perfect. 60 seconds to 0, never deviating.

    I could put the two videos up if anyone wanted to see them, but honestly, it's just video of a clock counting down . You get the idea though - splashtop on android is more responsive and streams more effectively than splashtop on webos. Simple as that. Test it for yourselves, you'll see what I'm saying is true. Is 1 second a big deal? No, but getting rid of the lag makes the whole experience very very very nice.

    Not dissing on having splashtop for webos or anything (I bought it the second it hit the market), just pointing out another thing that I'm enjoying in android - and it's free. Can't knock free.
    The most noticeable difference for me is probably when scrolling webpages. The Android version is far, far smoother at scrolling than the webos one. Scrolling in the webos version was painful, it's much easier now.

    However I do have problems entering text in the Android version. Often I will type and it doesn't actually enter any of the text into the text field. This is using on screen keyboard, haven't tried an external one.
  12. #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
    Very strange how some people are having no issues with wifi and some are having a hard time, What router setup do you guys have. I'm running a WNDR3700 / with a WN111 adaptor from my computer. There has to be something setup wrong on my part.
    It is strange, because I also do not have the wifi problems (the never sleep trick worked for me). Just random quirkiness of an alpha rom I suppose.
    bluenote likes this.
  13. #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Now go to androidcentral as a normal user would and attempt to find that forum. SOOOOO I click on forums, and scroll, and scroll, and scroll, and...... Wheres the touchpad?

    Seriously man - there is no way virtually anyone is going to find the HP-touchpad forum at androidcentral by visiting the site. The link is tiny, in "other tablets" rather than having it's own big link like almost everything else there. Go into said forum and there's 2 posts with a couple hundred views each. Lets face it - we have LOTS of touchpad users here and almost NONE there. Where is a quality discussion more likely to take place?

    At any rate, the main forums here are for the HP touchpad. This whole conversation should be front and center in the main HP touchpad forum, not delegated to "other tablets" where many users will not find it. I have never in all my years seen a device so open to hacking, with users so fanatically closed-off to people who hack it. We should -all- be geeked out at the massive amount of new features and capabilities android brings to our device, but instead, the discussion gets sweeped under the rug.

    Oh well.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    hopper75 and DeadVim like this.
  14. #914  
    its got 37K views here, people have found it, now just fix it so people can install and also take off at will
  15. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #915  
    I see 3.0.4 is out for WebOS, I'll boot into WebOS install it and see what happens in regards to the Dual-Boot - in theory it should make no difference but I'll take a hit for the team and see what happen....
  16. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #916  
    Well the answer is that it wipes out the boot-loader....

    OK...

    1) boot into webOS - recreate the CMinstall folder at the root

    2) Place Memboot into it.

    3) Reboot WebOS (without removing the UBS) - hold down the UP Volume key until you get white USB.

    4) Open a terminal (use CMD in the start menu search on windows)

    5) Navigate to where you placed Acme Installer - type novacom boot mem:// <ACMEInstaller


    Hey Presto - boot menu is back.
    Last edited by CGK; 10/18/2011 at 10:20 AM.
    nappy and DeadVim like this.
  17. #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Now go to androidcentral as a normal user would and attempt to find that forum. SOOOOO I click on forums, and scroll, and scroll, and scroll, and...... Wheres the touchpad?
    There are other options... That's all I was saying.

    Also of note,

    Android Forums has one here: HP TouchPad - Android Forums

    XDA-Developers has one here: HP TouchPad - xda-developers

    -Suntan
  18. #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I installed the beta but it updated via the market - does it not look like this:



    Notice that the note I scrawl by hand at the end of the video is searchable as shown below:

    Click to view quoted image
    I'm a doofus..I did not update via the market. This is five kinds of awesome! Thank you!
  19. #919  
    Please start using the following forum for discussing the Android porting:

    HP Touchpad - Android Forums

    Thank you!
    P|C Staff
    bevcraw likes this.
  20. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #920  
    See you 'next door' guys!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions