Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I am seeing people talking about using an ICS version of GAPPS? anyone got it or seen it?
    I have only read this page about Google Music and Google Plus for ICS

Android ICS Google apps leak, Google Music 4.0.1 and Google+ 2.0 available for download Unwired View

I have found and downloaded the two apks and will try loading them on my Transformer later. If you are interested I will let you know how I get on.
    Quote Originally Posted by discr33t View Post
    I know the goal was a dual boot, but is their anyway to completely get rid of webos and only have android?
    Why would you want to?

Webos takes up very little space, and dual-booting can be set for android as default if you like...

There's really not much reason to delete webos entirely unless you REALLY need that gigabyte of space back. Leave it.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by discr33t View Post
    I know the goal was a dual boot, but is their anyway to completely get rid of webos and only have android?
    I would leave webOS in case there is some issue that might never be resolved that could be a deal breaker as far as having Android on their full time.

The coma thing, I created a setcpu profile for wen the device is sleep, with the speed range set for 486mhz to 756mhz. So far, no coma. The true test will be over night.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I would leave webOS in case there is some issue that might never be resolved that could be a deal breaker as far as having Android on their full time.

The coma thing, I created a setcpu profile for wen the device is sleep, with the speed range set for 486mhz to 756mhz. So far, no coma. The true test will be over night.
    Yeah, my touchpad seems to do fine with a sleep profile set to 380mhz - just kicked it on after an overnight with no issues. I've heard some reports that this doesn't work for everyone, the 486mhz might be a smarter way to go until this problem is solved.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFred View Post
    I have only read this page about Google Music and Google Plus for ICS

Android ICS Google apps leak, Google Music 4.0.1 and Google+ 2.0 available for download Unwired View

I have found and downloaded the two apks and will try loading them on my Transformer later. If you are interested I will let you know how I get on.
    Great thanks, I think there is a gmail application floating about, I will report back later.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Yeah, my touchpad seems to do fine with a sleep profile set to 380mhz - just kicked it on after an overnight with no issues. I've heard some reports that this doesn't work for everyone, the 486mhz might be a smarter way to go until this problem is solved.
    For some reason, I started getting bootloops caused by setcpu. Disabling set at boot fixed it. Not sure if I just picked a funky speed setting or what.

Enjoying tweaking, current screen:

7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Just tried the ICS music app - installed fine and looks really nice (although a few people recommend uninstalling the old app first).

The google plus app also installed after I uninstalled the older app.
    Last edited by CGK; 10/15/2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Sentinel 3 is on sale at amazon for 99 cents. if you like tower defense, get it. Has an HD pack for really nice visuals.
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Just a tip, some apps will force close because they are looking for a GPS chip - however if you install fake gps - it will get around that.
    Could someone explain how you get around themarket filtering please?
    Cannot see dolphin browser or Amazon app store app?
    @cgk didn't you find a fix for this?
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick1963 View Post
    Could someone explain how you get around themarket filtering please?
    Cannot see dolphin browser or Amazon app store app?
    @cgk didn't you find a fix for this?
    You can find a fix at rootzwiki - rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?8117-quot-ANDROID-MARKET-quot-FIX-for-missing-Apps.-Very-Very-Easy-steps

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    For what it's worth, I just saw something on the RootzWiki page, and it seems to be working.

If you open up the main cyanogenmod.zip before install, and remove the fsck2msdos file (or something close to that name, I can't remember it exactly now) then it'll stop erasing all of your /media/internal files. Not really a fix, just a workaround for now.
    You can find a fix at rootzwiki - rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?8117-quot-ANDROID-MARKET-quot-FIX-for-missing-Apps.-Very-Very-Easy-steps

Topman cgk, nice one.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    For what it's worth, I just saw something on the RootzWiki page, and it seems to be working.

If you open up the main cyanogenmod.zip before install, and remove the fsck2msdos file (or something close to that name, I can't remember it exactly now) then it'll stop erasing all of your /media/internal files. Not really a fix, just a workaround for now.
    That's cool. Have you encountered any side effects from not having that file installed?
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Damn.. I saw a fix somewhere for Zinio somewhere but forgot to bookmark it... anyone able to help me out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    A general PSA for anyone just getting their feet wet with apps on Android. Be aware that Amazon gives away a free paid app each day. Some days they are "meh" but some days they are really good freebies.

-Suntan
    I can't download any apps from Amazon. I got the app store installed but, when I go to install an app, it tells me that I need to set up 1-click settings which required entering a mobile number. Of course, since it thinks I am using a phone when in fact I'm using a Touchpad, it still won't work no matter what number I put in.

Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    That's cool. Have you encountered any side effects from not having that file installed?
    Not that I can tell. **** is just a filesystem checker, so it seems to me that it shouldn't really cause any issues not being able to check it, unless something gets corrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrown1000 View Post
    I can't download any apps from Amazon. I got the app store installed but, when I go to install an app, it tells me that I need to set up 1-click settings which required entering a mobile number. Of course, since it thinks I am using a phone when in fact I'm using a Touchpad, it still won't work no matter what number I put in.

Anyone have any ideas???
    I don't remember off hand, but my first android device was a tablet, so I know it can be set up without an android phone.

I would suggest heading over to the forums at androidcentral and looking around or asking there.

-Suntan