Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I heard that a dev forum was offering like $2100 for porting it
    Guys, I just a video on youtube which has touchpad running android. It seems the build is from QualComm..
    Are there any Touchpad experts here...?
    We should contact this guy to get the dump of his touchpad..
    It would be easier to get the dump from this guy ( I don't think it would be easy for touchdroid team to build all the necessary drivers for audio, camera, wifi...)

Any webOs experts or Touchpad experts, can contact this guy to get the android dump...
    singhaldallas's Channel - YouTube
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I had the Asus transformer, and took it back because I tried to watch a movie and the volume suxkd.. The main thing that I was happy about was the BA in the touchpad as I own the headphones and they sound amazing, and I love them.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I was always hoping to have webos ported over to work on my HTC EVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    I want to put together a fund and offer a reward for the first person who ports webOS onto an Android or iOS tablet.
    WebOS on an iPad? Maybe in app form. Thought I read that the WebOS developers had put WebOS onto an iPad and it ran twice as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
    WebOS on an iPad? Maybe in app form. Thought I read that the WebOS developers had put WebOS onto an iPad and it ran twice as fast.
    Have a read: HP tested webOS on an iPad, it ran twice as fast? Not so fast... | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    I want to put together a fund and offer a reward for the first person who ports webOS onto an Android or iOS tablet.
    I'll throw in $100 for that or porting it to android phones.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    First, I need to put together a fund for the hiring of a bunch of ninjas to break into the Palm headquarter to steal the WebOS souce code.
    untitled likes this.
    Beats audio is a marketing gimmick. It's just a regular speaker. Nothing special here.

When it comes to the touchpad, AUDIO IS AUDIO.
    Might have different equalizer settings but they should be pretty similar.

In short, YES your "beats audio" will work.
    wilsonlam97,
    You couldn't be more wrong.

1. Beats is not a gimmick, search the forums to find out what it is and does.
    2. As long as the port has the appropriate driver I would think it would work

Currently there is no Android that runs Beats...But HTC just signed a $300 million dollar deal with Beats. Even better is that the EVO 3D shares most of the components with the TP so maybe future Beats devices from HTC will have compatible drivers if the port doesn't have one.
    Titano likes this.
    Beats is nothing more than a combination of DSP and a claim that the audio hardware is slightly better than average. In other words: a marketing gimmick. Don't sweat it.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Beats is nothing more than a combination of DSP and a claim that the audio hardware is slightly better than average. In other words: a marketing gimmick. Don't sweat it.
    Wrong.

Beats preserve the audio signal from interference as it moves it’s way down the chain to your ears. This includes attempts to isolate the audio hardware on the motherboard, having a discrete headphone amplifier, separated right, left, and ground audio wires, and even a headphone jack with “no metal parts” to reduce grounding noise. There’s also a Beats Audio-specific sound profile that can be enabled to take advantage of the particular hardware that Beats Audio provides.

In short Beats produces a cleaner signal which produces a better sound. The technology is real, whether it makes a difference to the user is subjective but it's no marketing gimmick alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Beats preserve the audio signal from interference as it moves it’s way down the chain to your ears. This includes attempts to isolate the audio hardware on the motherboard, having a discrete headphone amplifier, separated right, left, and ground audio wires, and even a headphone jack with “no metal parts” to reduce grounding noise.
    Translation: Marketing speak for slightly better-than-average hardware. And even that is debatable.

There’s also a Beats Audio-specific sound profile that can be enabled to take advantage of the particular hardware that Beats Audio provides.
    Translation: DSP.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Translation: Marketing speak for slightly better-than-average hardware. And even that is debatable.
    Like I said:

"In short Beats produces a cleaner signal which produces a better sound. The technology is real, whether it makes a difference to the user is subjective but it's no marketing gimmick alone."
    If you believe the marketing hype, then you're going to believe the so-called hardware improvements sounds better, regardless of whether it actually does, which can be objectively measured. I'm talking about SnR, distortion, etc. Furthermore, we're talking about digitially compressed audio to begin with, so all of this is what I would call "polishing a turd."

If it's the DSP half of the equation that you're after, I can assure you DSP is not unique to Beats.

Regardless, you don't need any sort of special "Beats" driver in order to use whatever improvements the Touchpad may have. So, don't sweat it.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    The top threads

HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

this thread confuses me.

maybe you should wait until you actually have something to post before starting a thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    this thread confuses me.

maybe you should wait until you actually have something to post before starting a thread?
    Posted the wrong pic edited correct now
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

sracercelica likes this.
    LOL...someone should tell them about precentral.
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast