Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Another note for people just getting used to having things on their main screen. I would suggest checking out the “folder organizer” app.

I have just four widget/folder links on the bottom of my android screen and I never need to open up and search through the app drawer. It even pops up a selection helper to let you categorize a new app after you have installed it so you don’t have to manually go in and remember to do it.

I got it free from Amazon a while back, but if you like to have direct access to apps in organized folders, I think it is worth the money.

-Suntan
    A better one is "folder editor", which was also a free app from Amazon when I got it. Tried out both and like this one better.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rghilliard View Post
    I had never used WebOS nor Android before the firesale and while I'm really happy to have access to all those Android apps, I just like the look and feel of WebOS better. I really wanted to love Android and maybe I will after a while. It is definitely not as intuitive as WebOS.

I was really panicked last night when I let it go to sleep in Android and it wouldn't power back on. It was also very warm. A quick search of precentral indicated that I should hold down the power and center buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and thankfully that brought it back to life. That didn't help my first impression any.
    Seriously? You're griping about bugs with an Alpha release? Did you think this was a stable version, even though it warns you about issues? That's why they don't like anyone but advanced users from trying this out. If you wanted a good first impression then should have waited for the stable release. I just don't get your "That didn't help my first impression any" statement at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    A better one is "folder editor", which was also a free app from Amazon when I got it. Tried out both and like this one better.
    ..."Folder Editor" doesn't show up in either the Amazon store or the android store.

-Suntan
    He means "Folder Organizer" (he fixed it in his post). I also use it on my Transformer, great way to not clutter up your homescreen with a bunch of app shortcuts.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    ..."Folder Editor" doesn't show up in either the Amazon store or the android store.

-Suntan
    Sorry, I was looking at the name in my app drawer, it's "application folder pro".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    ^ Agreed in some ways. TP even overclocked and tweaked was sluggish for me. It was 3rd to my PC and Smartphone (which has less horsepower but better OS).

But now that I have Android, I want to overclock the TP again. What's a program that'll allow that?
    SetCPU. I've been running at 1.7mhz for 2 days now. So far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoboy View Post
    SetCPU. I've been running at 1.7mhz for 2 days now. So far so good.
    I tried using this but it only allows me max 500Mhz. Do I need to change something?
    I tried using this but it only allows me max 500Mhz. Do I need to change something?
    Well stock should be 1.2 at least! The kernal that Cyanogenmod included in this alpha build easily lets you clock it to 1.7mhz.

Try a different governer/profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoboy View Post
    Well stock should be 1.2 at least! The kernal that Cyanogenmod included in this alpha build easily lets you clock it to 1.7mhz.

Try a different governer/profile.
    I'm using a pirated SetCPU version. Which version are you using?
    For what it's worth, I had to doctor my Touchpad (for a different reason) just now.

I believe it wiped out the Android partitions, though I can't be sure.

Before the doctor, I did a full erase and logged onto an empty palm profile. It showed ~25GB of free space. Then, I doctored it, and logged into the same profile and it shows 27.3GB of free space.
    I'm using a pirated SetCPU version. Which version are you using?
    Hmmm, that could be it... I got my legit when it was on Amazon Free app of the day a few weeks back.

It's 1.99 on the Android market....
    Just get it free from XDA forums. The Market version is a Donate version.

I'm shaking my head a bit at the thought of pirating a free program.
    Alright, bought it. Didn't know it was that cheap. Works now, thanks!
    Spent some time today setting this up configuring it to my tastes.....Swore I would never use a resource hogging live wallpaper...but got sucked in by that live koi one. My kids love feeding the fish and with the battery life being so bad already, I have decided to use webOS for most of my day to day activity (mostly web browsing) and save android for those tasks that it is noticeably superior (movie watching, magazine reading).
    I love having choices!:thumbs:

edit:I also wanted to point out that I have switched back and forth many times and have fortunately not had any issues with disappearing media. I have most of my media in a folder named downloads (which I think I created myself when I first got the touchpad). Today I downloaded a movie while using cyanogen and it downloaded to a folder named download (singular) which must have been created by cyanogen. I have gone back and forth a few times and the media is all still present.
    Last edited by crutzulee; 10/14/2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: edit
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    The problem with warning labels on Alpha releases is you'll never make 'em big enough.

Maybe a test is required to obtain a download link?

I'm kidding, sort of.
    Just downloaded Splashtop Remote for free off of GetJar app store. (Using Splashtop to write this post) Got Google Market to work after running ACMEInstaller again after putting the gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip file in the cminstall folder. Downloaded the WiimoteController app from the Google Market then NESoid from the Slide.Me app store to play some Zelda 2 using a Wiimote with a Classic Controller Pro. For an Alpha, I really haven't had any issues with this CM build. It's actually more stable than CM7 was on my Samsung Captivate.
    I put Android on my TouchPad tonight, using this video guide, so far it's working great.
    It's not easy, but just take your time and you will have a dual boot with WebOS.

There is a video on YouTube I used. "Idiots Guide - How to Install Cyanogenmod 7 Android Alpha on HP Touchpad"
    Just a caution you are taking a risk, since it's not a final release.
    benzoboy likes this.
    any significant performance difference when overclocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWest View Post
    I put Android on my TouchPad tonight, using this video guide, so far it's working great.
    It's not easy, but just take your time and you will have a dual boot with WebOS.

There is a video on YouTube I used. "Idiots Guide - How to Install Cyanogenmod 7 Android Alpha on HP Touchpad"
    Just a caution you are taking a risk, since it's not a final release.
    I installed Android early yesterday without any problems, but this video is definitely the way you want to go if you have not installed it yet and have reservations on how to do it.

Good find.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    Seriously? You're griping about bugs with an Alpha release? Did you think this was a stable version, even though it warns you about issues? That's why they don't like anyone but advanced users from trying this out. If you wanted a good first impression then should have waited for the stable release. I just don't get your "That didn't help my first impression any" statement at all.
    No, I'm not griping about anything. I just gave my opinion. Sorry you don't approve.