Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Also be aware that there is GetJar | Mobile | for accessing android apps.

I've never used it, and i know some people tend to shy away from unknown names, but i have read a lot of people on androidcentral that have used it plenty and recommend it as another place to get apps.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks. How about Soundhound or Shazaam or Midomi?
    http://www.amazon.com/SoundHound-Inc...8609950&sr=1-1

Amazon.com: Shazam: Appstore for Android

No idea about Midomi.

Amazon also has the paid versions of Soundhound and Shazaam.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    ^ Agreed in some ways. TP even overclocked and tweaked was sluggish for me. It was 3rd to my PC and Smartphone (which has less horsepower but better OS).

But now that I have Android, I want to overclock the TP again. What's a program that'll allow that?
    SetCPU will do the job. Grab it from XDA forums if you want it for free. Otherwise you can get the donate version from the Market

As for WebOS, I gave it a chance and I really like the design. But it was just too slow, too many lags and too little functionality in the too few apps available.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    ^ Agreed in some ways. TP even overclocked and tweaked was sluggish for me. It was 3rd to my PC and Smartphone (which has less horsepower but better OS).

But now that I have Android, I want to overclock the TP again. What's a program that'll allow that?
    There is an app already installed that does that but I am out and cannot remember the name.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    There is an app already installed that does that but I am out and cannot remember the name.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Setcpu. It's free from the developer on xda.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Anybody notice the HP/Palm Keyboard works pretty well in Gingerbread? The arrow keys work to scroll when viewing all the applications,, although they are mapped wrong. Up/Down moves left/right and vice versa. The volume keys work, but not mute.
    I hope the usability of the keyboard improves in a WebOs update.
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    you also moan about superior android apps beating the likes of kalems vid player, well erm the touchpad was shot in the face in just over 1 month of launch, what did you expect app wise when actual touchpad devs hadnt even managed to aquire a device themselves at that stage then after the big bad news a ton more devs left for greener grass?
    It honestly doesn't matter why the TP's app selection is poor. Android simply has more and better apps which is part of the experience of using the tablet.

WebOS also has little things that are ridiculous like the lack of scroll bars both for scrolling and showing you where you are on a page even before optimization problems causing random pauses every once in a while.

I didn't purchase my TP intending to put Android on it. I figured that I just wanted a comic, ebook, pdf reader as well as a internet browser and will eschew apps. In WebOS, the TP barely provides a decent experience in any of those areas while in Android, all areas are not only feature mature (because there's been more time for apps to be updated) but runs smoothly and quickly.
    Last edited by chronoreverse; 10/14/2011 at 12:18 PM.
    slbailey1 and DeadVim like this.
    Anyone wanna take a screen shot of what you have in your cminstaller folder on your touchpad?
    I loaded CM7 onto my Touchpad yesterday but didn't get a chance to play with it till today. Installed Amazon Appstore and downloaded a few of my favorites.

Plants vs Zombies

Peggle

I love my Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    I loaded CM7 onto my Touchpad yesterday but didn't get a chance to play with it till today. Installed Amazon Appstore and downloaded a few of my favorites.

Plants vs Zombies
    Click to view quoted image
    Peggle
    Click to view quoted image

I love my Touchpad.
    If you think those are great, just hope that they get Chainfire 3D running for the TP. Access to the Tegra games is really nice.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    If you think those are great, just hope that they get Chainfire 3D running for the TP. Access to the Tegra games is really nice.

-Suntan
    I've never heard of Chainfire 3D before. I actually have a Galaxy S phone so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the heads up.
    Anyone having a problem turning the touchpad on after extended standby? Happened 3 times already. So I had hold down power button and middle button for 15 seconds to power it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    Anyone having a problem turning the touchpad on after extended standby? Happened 3 times already. So I had hold down power button and middle button for 15 seconds to power it up.
    So far not yet. I've had to set wifi to always on to avoid the wifi reconnect issues though.

I'll test this again after 8 hours when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    I've never heard of Chainfire 3D before. I actually have a Galaxy S phone so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the heads up.
    If you get it working, check out "Sprinkle." Those little aliens need firefighters.

-Suntan
    Another note for people just getting used to having things on their main screen. I would suggest checking out the “folder organizer” app.

I have just four widget/folder links on the bottom of my android screen and I never need to open up and search through the app drawer. It even pops up a selection helper to let you categorize a new app after you have installed it so you don’t have to manually go in and remember to do it.

I got it free from Amazon a while back, but if you like to have direct access to apps in organized folders, I think it is worth the money.

-Suntan
    I am too chicken to try the alpha version of Android on my Touchpad at this time.

How much space does Android use on the Touchpad? (1GB, 2GB or more?)
    Thanks!
    It was on another thread, but I wanted to point out the fix for app filtering here, which enabled me to download Google Voice Search, Maps, Goggles, and a few other things that were filtered directly from the market. (Keep in mind the camera only works for video so Goggles, Shopper, etc won't work at the moment anyway).

I said before, Android has definitely made improvements (and I hope to see that ICS makes even more) since the last time I played with it, but I'm still not really a fan at the moment. Stuff like Google Translate's conversation mode though, that stuff is really impressive.
    I am trying to run the doctor on my touchpad after the android install it gets to 8% then says we are unable to reset your device any help??
    I had never used WebOS nor Android before the firesale and while I'm really happy to have access to all those Android apps, I just like the look and feel of WebOS better. I really wanted to love Android and maybe I will after a while. It is definitely not as intuitive as WebOS.

I was really panicked last night when I let it go to sleep in Android and it wouldn't power back on. It was also very warm. A quick search of precentral indicated that I should hold down the power and center buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and thankfully that brought it back to life. That didn't help my first impression any.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    1) so what live wallpaper are people using?
    Live wallpaper is always fun at first but gets old quick and does use up resources. The best live wallpaper I used was the lightning clouds. If you really want to do some cool then read these threads. Even this is only a few of the threads that are worth while but they're probably the most popular. Also, make sure you get Dolphin HD for a browser and PowerAmp is the most amazing music player for audiophiles.

Customize an integrated background with transparent buttons
    [Guide] Creation of theme with transparent Icons - xda-developers

Here's 4,699 pages of pure love of people showing off their customized screens and how they did it.
    Post your Phone Home Screen **BE APPROPRIATE** - xda-developers

Over 700 icon sets for you to download.
    [Collection] ICON SETS | Over *700* different Icon Packs [INDEX on 2nd post] - xda-developers

Wanna make it look like a Windows phone?
    [ICONS] Windows Phone 7 Tiles 1x1,2x1,1x2 [LAUNCHER 7][METRO UI][WP7] - xda-developers

Live wallpaper is fun but you'll get over it quickly. There is soooo much you can customize on Android.