Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    I promised I was going to wait a week before trying this but I can't resist any longer.
    installation process seems simple enough. I just see a lot of people complaining about losing WiFi and having low space?

how much is partition off for cm7?

hadn't been much reports of bricks gave there? Like switching back n forth between each os with no problems
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoboy View Post
    I think so.... did you rename any of the files? Did you add all 3 files to the "cminstall" directory?

installed everything right and no renames.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Been loving this - whipping through pdfs and taking notes in evernote.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    The youtube app isn't using flash, and of course wont help for all the other flash based video sites that don't have such an option available.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/16/2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: quoted text deleted
    I installed it last night. It works really well, and it's fast! The touch input stopped working at one point and I had to restart. But overall, it's amazing for being an alpha release. I don't have any other android devices, so this will at least be useful for development testing.
    Lots of reports on the rootzwiki thread that installing this alpha version will end up continually wiping your webOS media directories, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of concern over here... Does this actually happen, or are all the people posting on rootzwiki just webOS newbies?

Possibly related to this: The biggest problem people seem to have with the CM7 install process over there is, surprise surprise, getting Novacom installed properly. Tells me a bunch of these people were so committed to wiping it for Android from the beginning, that they never even tried webOS long enough to use Quick Install and Preware, much less apply the speediness patches.
    Netflix works, which is what I really wanted.
    WiFi was giving me an issue till I rebooted, kept dropping in and out and saying out of range while I was 5 feet from the router.
    can someone try shazaam or the other app which identifies songs (forgot its name) and let me know if it works? I have a wav file which recorded a bunch of songs and I would like to know the names of each.

Also curious if the android MSFT office editing software works better than quickoffice for webos.

I have a spare touchpad to try this on but no rush, as otherwise webos ,ubuntu combo works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Lots of reports on the rootzwiki thread that installing this alpha version will end up continually wiping your webOS media directories, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of concern over here... Does this actually happen, or are all the people posting on rootzwiki just webOS newbies?
    Happened to me, but I haven't reloaded the media back yet.

Possibly related to this: The biggest problem people seem to have with the CM7 install process over there is, surprise surprise, getting Novacom installed properly. Tells me a bunch of these people were so committed to wiping it for Android from the beginning, that they never even tried webOS long enough to use Quick Install and Preware, much less apply the speediness patches.
    I agree to some degree. But I also think there are a lot of people who kept waiting for HP to fix things themselves so they didn't have to do all the preware patches in the first place. Now they have just given up and if they are going to go through the hassle of "hacking" they might as well hack to a OS that is being actively worked on and developed for.

All of my music are wiped out, but one out of many video still remains. That's weird. And battery sucks, it drops 10+% overnight.
    Not just music, it wiped out everything includes my map tool pro's map that I took 7 hours to download. Anyone with same issue here?
    Does anyone know if it would be possible to completely wipe wepos from the Touchpad to release some extra space?

I have a 32GB TP myself so it is not something I would consider doing. I am just wondering about the technical possibility.
    Apparently if you add files when in webOS and boot into Android, that's true. But it isn't true if you add them while in Android and go back to webOS. They're looking into the issue. It's a pre-Alpha, so hey, **** happens.

A month ago when this port was beginning, people around here told me several times that so many people couldn't--no, they wouldn't--be buying Touchpads for the sole purpose of converting them to Android after I said otherwise. I can't say I'm really surprised that a bunch of Android devotees--uninterested in webOS from the start--decided a $99 tablet suitable for running the #1 third-party Android ROM was a good deal; this should have been outright expected.

Let's put it another way: If there were a firesale on superior but discontinued hardware running Android and people at PreCentral knew there was a webOS port coming for the device, would people still be complaining about the arbitrage? I know I'd have taken advantage of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFred View Post
    Does anyone know if it would be possible to completely wipe wepos from the Touchpad to release some extra space?

I have a 32GB TP myself so it is not something I would consider doing. I am just wondering about the technical possibility.
    I have a 32 GB TP too, it WILL wipe out everything no matter how much space u have left. So doing install CM7 yet, or you have to back up your stuff (music, document, movie, map...)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    does anyone know how to get the amazon appstore app? i saw it somewhere and looks like there are quite a few useful apps there. thanks!
    Go to Amazon.com on your Touchpad while in Android. Type in 'Android' or some relevant search into the search bar, and it'll take you to their App Store page. Should be instructions there.
    Quote Originally Posted by daonei View Post
    does anyone know how to get the amazon appstore app? i saw it somewhere and looks like there are quite a few useful apps there. thanks!
    It's the fifth tab down on the left side of the Amazon homepage. Go there with your TP running CM and you should find a link to download/install the app (I am assuming Cm has the "Load Apps from 3rd party" option turned on in settings, but if not make sure that is turned on in the android settings.)

-Suntan
    ^ Agreed in some ways. TP even overclocked and tweaked was sluggish for me. It was 3rd to my PC and Smartphone (which has less horsepower but better OS).

But now that I have Android, I want to overclock the TP again. What's a program that'll allow that?
    Thanks. How about Soundhound or Shazaam or Midomi?
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/16/2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: quoted post deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Apparently if you add files when in webOS and boot into Android, that's true. But it isn't true if you add them while in Android and go back to webOS. They're looking into the issue. It's a pre-Alpha, so hey, **** happens.

A month ago when this port was beginning, people around here told me several times that so many people couldn't--no, they wouldn't--be buying Touchpads for the sole purpose of converting them to Android after I said otherwise. I can't say I'm really surprised that a bunch of Android devotees--uninterested in webOS from the start--decided a $99 tablet suitable for running the #1 third-party Android ROM was a good deal; this should have been outright expected.

Let's put it another way: If there were a firesale on superior but discontinued hardware running Android and people at PreCentral knew there was a webOS port coming for the device, would people still be complaining about the arbitrage? I know I'd have taken advantage of it.
    Good post. To your first point, yes we should expect **** to happen in an Alpha version and so I was backing up my stuff when I got wind of this. However when I was younger and having not yet learned that lesson, I probably would have dove right in. People posting here are probably more devoted to webOS/have more apps and more data for those apps than the RootzWiki posters so we've got more to lose from this bug. At the very least, at this point we should make sure anybody who attempts to install CM7 knows that the issue is there.

I agree with your second point 100%, I wasn't surprised either, but it's still fairly disappointing that so many people obviously didn't give it a shot. I mean, they had the touchpad right in front of them, a desire to make it better, and plenty of guides to look up for how to do so.
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 10/14/2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: bad grammar day