Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Cyanogen

CM7.1 Alpha for the HP Touchpad released CM7.1 Alpha for the HP Touchpad released | CyanogenMod
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    The market app as a whole, got the sign in screen but couldn't sign in because the wifi never came back up and now won't connect at all. I've booted into webos and wifi is working fine there. Just wondering if I can easily go back to the original CM7 where wifi was working and try the install of the market again.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Got it to come back up after turning the wifi on and off several times, they promised bugs so just glad I got it up again!
    Anyone suggest a good keyboard for this please? A keyboard that has number above qwertyuiop
    Quote Originally Posted by xman953 View Post
    Anyone suggest a good keyboard for this please? A keyboard that has number above qwertyuiop
    Android keyboard, Hands down... SWIFTKEY TABLET X.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoboy View Post
    Any keyboard that look that webos keyboard or iOS keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by hopper75 View Post
    Got it to come back up after turning the wifi on and off several times, they promised bugs so just glad I got it up again!
    I'm very sure the Market App wouldn't do anything to your WiFi. Make sure your settings for WiFi are correct and that it's not trying to switch to another network.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Thumb Keyboard is really, really, good.
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    What are you talking about? My touchpad is not slow in the least. I had a few issues before the update but all in all nothing that would make me think that android is far superior. Case in point my Evo 3d had quite a few issues before I was able to ditch the stock rom and move on to something better.

I'll take webOS over android anyday. I really hope google ups there game with ICS because they still have a ways to go as far UI and notifications.
    I have all the recommended patches and the Touchpad is running at 1.5 but it still does not render web pages as fast as our iPad or Transformer. Video playback is not as smooth as the Transformer. More subjectively, I find that apps take longer to open than the iPad or the Transformer.

So I disagree, I think the Touchpad us slow.
    In case anyone is interested I made these wallpapers to use for both OS's.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1046398...eat=directlink

I posted the blue ones before I tested them. They look better on the pc than the tablet. The webos one looks fine in landscape but fails on portrait. The android is almost the opposite. Oh well. Will have to try again. But still you might like them.

The black ones I just created and seem to work better.

Last edited by lostnthenet; 10/14/2011 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Added more
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Not complaining just wondering if its just me!

Anyone else having trouble with youtube?

In the browser I can watch upto 480 but anything higher(720) its very choppy slow frame rate.

Downloaded the youtube app from market, starts off well but stops after about 40secs constant buffering loop.

Anyone else!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoboy View Post
    Swiftkey is what I use on my Android phone and it's phenomenal. I got it for free from Amazon for one of the apps of the day but it's worth purchasing. The uncanny ability to guess what word I'm going to type just astonishes me at times. I really wish Swiftkey had made a keyboard for WebOS too.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    1) so what live wallpaper are people using?

2) Skitch *seems* to work well with handwriting - anyone got a stylus they can try it with and report back to the rest of us?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

2) Skitch *seems* to work well with handwriting - anyone got a stylus they can try it with and report back to the rest of us?
    The free koi carp one from the market, as seen in the dev videos, looks mint :-)
    crutzulee likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
    Not complaining just wondering if its just me!

Anyone else having trouble with youtube?

In the browser I can watch upto 480 but anything higher(720) its very choppy slow frame rate.
    Yup, same for me. Video performance is currently slower than webOS, but I'm sure it will improve.
    funb0b likes this.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Remember folks - this is an Alpha intended for people to test and report bugs - it's not the finished product and while I'm using it as a day to day tablet OS, you have to bear that in mind.

Edit: according to stats, I've just seen somewhere else, CM7 had 2,500 activations yesterday (that I guess is people who opted into supplying stats back to the project, so the figure could be higher).
    Last edited by CGK; 10/14/2011 at 03:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

I'm using Flames Free by Kittehface for now just because I loved it on my phone so much. I Can't decide if it's a bit low res for the touchpad though.
    Thumb Keyboard is my favorite so far.

I don't have time to read through the thread, but some widgets and what not that some of you might like checking out:

Minimalistic Text (make text clock, battery, date, weather)
    Widgetlocker (widgets on your lockscreen)
    AdvancedClock (another clock widget)
    Animated Analog Clock (like it says, animated second hand analog clock widget)
    Beautiful Widgets
    DesktopVisualizeR <- Make shortcuts via widgets (basically, can use extra large icons and what not for your shortcuts)
    gTabSiMiClock
    MIUI Analog Clock
    Snowstorm (free weather widget, has options to include forecast and what not)

Some apps:

BlueputDroid (use your Android phone as a PS3 controller, handy for movies and what not, not for gaming)
    DroidWall (firewall for Android)
    Hybrid Stopwatch (just a pretty stopwatch app)
    Pinball Deluxe (amazing pinball game, should look great on the touchpad)

Apologies if these are repeats from anyone else that posted, had a 14 hour day at work yesterday and going back for more in a bit.

edit: Some livewallpapers that I've had on my phone that you might check out:

ParticleStorm
    Photile
    Physx
    Shake Them All!
    Does anyone know a safe place to put video's, music, etc ? Every time I load them on and restart the touchpad they seem to vanish from both os's.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    Yup, same for me. Video performance is currently slower than webOS, but I'm sure it will improve.
    Kool thanks for confirming its not just me

As I said before not complaining as I realize its alpha but just making sure its not something I was doing wrong.

Thanks.