Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mannersless View Post
    They need to dumb down the guide down with more step by step instructions wihhout assuming that these things are common knowledge. In windows you need to run cmd with admin privileges. To do that you right click the file
    They did tell you not to install it unless you are an advanced user
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    yaaay its....its..its...ALIVE! the instructions here really helped
    How to install Google Android on the HP TouchPad (with CyanogenMod7) - Liliputing

and thnx for your help as well
    Last edited by bevcraw; 10/16/2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: quoted text deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    and the stage we are a is barely 2 months after launch, we have a ways to go yet before people continue saying app support is weak, I mean its 2 MONTHS out, its still an infant, plenty of time to go before anyone should bash the device for limited apps to date.
    Its 2 months out from launch, and it is one month past its EOL date. So yea, its dead. How are people still thinking that there is gonna be a rush of developers to the platform. HP uncategorically executed WebOS from the consumer market a month ago, yet some are still thinking developers are gonna spend the time and energy to port their apps over? I mean some might, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    slbailey1 and cgk like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    Its 2 months out from launch, and it is one month past its EOL date. So yea, its dead. How are people still thinking that there is gonna be a rush of developers to the platform. HP uncategorically executed WebOS from the consumer market a month ago, yet some are still thinking developers are gonna spend the time and energy to port their apps over? I mean some might, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    The Touchpad is dead, long live the Touchpad!? My attitude has always been try to learn to live with what we have and the rest is gravy. Some apps are still coming out and we have Ubuntu and Android. It could be a lot worse.
    DeadVim likes this.
    Here's my TouchDroid Screenshot:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    benzoboy and itsdollar like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Nice... like that clean look.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Very nice. How did you make the bar on the top, or make the far right menus large?
    Anyone have two Touchpads, one with CM7 and one with WebOS? Would love to see a website page load comparison between the two on video.
    I'm using LauncherPro and I moved the bar by going into "Settings" --> "CyanogenMod settings" --> "Tablet tweaks" and uncheck "Bottom status bar"
    i have a older novacom and its saying in cmd to hit -k to do something and i do it doesn't work :@
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoboy View Post
    Just hook it up to WebOS Doc and you'll have yourself a brand new reinstalled WebOS that you can send to HP.
    Thanks. If I use webOS doctor, will it also restore the partition that CM7 used to original settings?

I was told that CM7 will make a separate partition and format it to a filesystem that it will use.

I'm just wondering if that partition will also be removed.

THanks
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    Thanks. If I use webOS doctor, will it also restore the partition that CM7 used to original settings?

I was told that CM7 will make a separate partition and format it to a filesystem that it will use.

I'm just wondering if that partition will also be removed.

THanks
    I'm not 100% sure, but I'm gonna say no. I've been playing with it all day today and had to used the WEBOS Doc a couple of times to get fresh starts and the directories still stayed on. I had to go in there and physically delete the files/directory as some of the apps I had installed still came up once I installed the Android OS.

Not sure if HP would dig down that deep to see if you had a partition or not.. if you delete the android files/directories it's hard to tell there was any evidence of it being installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    i have a older novacom and its saying in cmd to hit -k to do something and i do it doesn't work :@
    Nevermind just reinstalled the palm sdk and webos pdk and that did they trick just waiting to boot up into android now.
    Nevermind just reinstalled the palm sdk and webos pdk and that did they trick just waiting to boot up into android now.
    Couple of tips that are not mentioned anywhere:

Moboot controls: volume +,- are up and down keys when you are in the dual boot menu and the home button is your enter key.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    When you're in Android, you hold down power and reboot to WebOS. How about the other way around? If I'm in WebOS, how do I get back to Android?
    Quote Originally Posted by daonei View Post
    When you're in Android, you hold down power and reboot to WebOS. How about the other way around? If I'm in WebOS, how do I get back to Android?
    Restart, then you'll get the Moboot Menu to boot into Android and if you don't hit anything after 5 seconds it loads Android anyways.
    should i be nervous its been at the same screen for a good like 8 min last line says "the name should start with update-cm and end with.zip"
    should i be nervous its been at the same screen for a good like 8 min last line says "the name should start with update-cm and end with.zip"
    I think so.... did you rename any of the files? Did you add all 3 files to the "cminstall" directory?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Installed and now wifi won't connect! Anyway to uninstall app?
    Which app are you reffering to?