Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    I gave in and decided to try it, just for the hell of it. It's decent, but other than having a ton more apps, I don't see the benefit. That's just me though.

I did install the Google Apps, but maps didn't install, nor did Voice Search apparently (as it gave an error when I tried it). Is that to be expected?

Edit: also, I did lose a ton of files after booting into Android. It wasn't the install process that did this, as the first thing I did after installing was boot into webOS and the files were still there at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I did install the Google Apps, but maps didn't install
    That's because there is no Google Maps for tablets currently. But the online version works really well!
    I cant install preware homebrew after doing this??

I got after 4 reboots ***
    <thread moved>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    If I decide to install this, is there an easy way to uninstall it without a trace of CM7 being installed.

I currently have my Advanced Exchange TP replacement and I'm about to send my defective TP to HP on monday.

I want to try CM7 to this defective TP but of course, I have to uninstall it before I send it. My defective TP has touchscreen issues that is why it was replaced. Aside from that, its fine .. so I can still give it a CM7 test.

I'm just wondering if there is a clean uninstall method that would not leave any trace of android being installed there? I don't want HP to void my warranty because of this.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    If I decide to install this, is there an easy way to uninstall it without a trace of CM7 being installed.

I currently have my Advanced Exchange TP replacement and I'm about to send my defective TP to HP on monday.

I want to try CM7 to this defective TP but of course, I have to uninstall it before I send it. My defective TP has touchscreen issues that is why it was replaced. Aside from that, its fine .. so I can still give it a CM7 test.

I'm just wondering if there is a clean uninstall method that would not leave any trace of android being installed there? I don't want HP to void my warranty because of this.

Thanks!

Using webOS doctor will get rid of CM.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Using webOS doctor will get rid of CM.
    I'm just wondering, does it make or slice your partition and add a different file system for CM7?

*just like in Ubuntu install
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    I gave in and decided to try it, just for the hell of it. It's decent, but other than having a ton more apps, I don't see the benefit. That's just me though.

I did install the Google Apps, but maps didn't install, nor did Voice Search apparently (as it gave an error when I tried it). Is that to be expected?

Edit: also, I did lose a ton of files after booting into Android. It wasn't the install process that did this, as the first thing I did after installing was boot into webOS and the files were still there at that time.
    YMWV and all that - for me, simply the ability to access a tablet version of evernote, a PDF reader, picasa support and dropbox makes it more productive for me - and it is still only a alpha with ICS to come...

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CGK; 10/13/2011 at 03:55 PM.
    I had the same problem and had to reset my touchpad. Also cm7 wouldn't even start installing , at the command prompt I type"novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller" and I got an access denied message Think i'll wait for the beta or for the install to get easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    YMWV and all that - for me, simply the ability to access a tablet version of evernote, a PDF reader, picasa support and dropbox makes it more productive for me - and it is still only a alpha with ICS to come...
    Oh don't get me wrong, having any app you could ever want is nice. I just don't like Android itself all that much. It's gotten better than when I messed around in the past, but I'm still not a fan.

Like you said though, everyone has their own preferences, and of course I'll see how ICS changes things.
    Has anyone successfully installed on a Mac? When I try to install, the Touchpad stays stuck on the initial "hp" logo. These are the steps I took:

1. installed Jason Robitaille's novacom driver on the mac
    2. created cminstall folder on the Touchpad, and copied the 3 files into the folder
    3. Rebooted the Touchpad into USB mode
    4. unzipped ACMEInstall folder on the mac
    5. from Mac's terminal app, navigated to the folder with ACMEInstall
    6. ran the following command: novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller

At this point, the Touchpad seems to hang at the hp logo. What am I doing wrong?
    Wow. The TP shutoff for no reason. Now won't turn back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    a lot seem to think "the touchpad cant do pdf's right" which is utterly wrong, its just that the 1 app we have for it is rubbish, which has nowt to do with the OS/touchpad.
    In the six weeks since my post you just quoted ( ! ;-) ), I've been following the improvements that the patches have made to the PDF app. It's useable now, and of course there's no reason why there couldn't be a great PDF app released for webOS, but actually it's still a good example of why we might want to boot into Android... for choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ns6490 View Post
    Has anyone successfully installed on a Mac? When I try to install, the Touchpad stays stuck on the initial "hp" logo. These are the steps I took:

1. installed Jason Robitaille's novacom driver on the mac
    2. created cminstall folder on the Touchpad, and copied the 3 files into the folder
    3. Rebooted the Touchpad into USB mode
    4. unzipped ACMEInstall folder on the mac
    5. from Mac's terminal app, navigated to the folder with ACMEInstall
    6. ran the following command: novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller

At this point, the Touchpad seems to hang at the hp logo. What am I doing wrong?
    That's what I did and it worked. The best advice I can give you is to reboot (hold the home and power button for about 20-30 seconds).
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    Wow. The TP shutoff for no reason. Now won't turn back on.
    That's not good. I assume this is -after- installing Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha?
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post

Thanks!
    Just hook it up to WebOS Doc and you'll have yourself a brand new reinstalled WebOS that you can send to HP.
    3 hrs + since the installation. No problem to report whatsoever.

All the apps are working nicely
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    That's not good. I assume this is -after- installing Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha?
    Yes, but it's back on now. I was installing the updates for Medscape when this happened. Trying again
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    Dolphin Browser not compatible with this.

Tried Medscape, Lastpass. They work.
    Glad to know that Medscape works.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHighwayman View Post
    I had the same problem and had to reset my touchpad. Also cm7 wouldn't even start installing , at the command prompt I type"novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller" and I got an access denied message Think i'll wait for the beta or for the install to get easier.
    That's because you have to run the command prompt as administrator
    DemonHighwayman likes this.