Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    I made a new thread on how to install the Marketplace app and Flash:

http://forums.precentral.net/other-t...ad-solved.html
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    a lot seem to think "the touchpad cant do pdf's right" which is utterly wrong, its just that the 1 app we have for it is rubbish, which has nowt to do with the OS/touchpad.
    What is the practical difference for a user right at this moment?
    DeadVim likes this.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daonei View Post
    So if I install this alpha version and a beta version comes out in a few months, how do i go about installing the beta version? will it be an easy update? or will i have to go through all the pain of this again? any info would be greatly appreciated. would love to play around with this alpha version.
    The first install is the hardest - after that, you simply load the zip file and flash it - then you either restore apps or often it's an in-place upgrade.
    a lot seem to think "the touchpad cant do pdf's right" which is utterly wrong, its just that the 1 app we have for it is rubbish, which has nowt to do with the OS/touchpad.
    As much as sagepipe's fix has greatly improved the stock app, I am REALLY happy to have ezpdf working on cyanogen. It was the first thing I loaded!

Second was moboplayer, which also works great! I appreciate the effort, but it is miles better than kalemsoft and FREE!
    Last edited by crutzulee; 10/13/2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: moboplayer
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    As much as sagepipe's fix has greatly improved the stock app, I am REALLY happy to have ezpdf working on cyanogen. It was the first thing I loaded!

Second was multiplayer, which also works great! I appreciate the effort, but it is miles better than kalemsoft and FREE!
    Oh... is that better than the adobe PDF reader?
    miles better but for me I have some rendering problems with some pdf's
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I tend to think so. ezPDF has some nice features. The most notible feature being text reflow, which can be really nice when trying to read some pdfs on a small phone/tablet screen. But I don't really use pdf enough to be too bothered one way or the other.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by randalldreynolds View Post
    ok I got it install when I shut it down how do I get the dual boot screen? I must have missed that part. sorry
    Ok over looking what I did I added the three files to the cminstall folder. But the Moboot was unzip'd . FAIL I know lol how do I fix it?
    Hi I tried to load Android on my touchpad and somehow I ended up with the black screen with the big white USB symbol on it. Is there an easy way to get out of that mode and start back from scratch?
    nice share... really appreciated.... :P ..
    anyway, this does make sense:
    Everything About Tablets | How to: Install Android CyanogenMod on the HP TouchPad
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I can report that Citrix seems to be working fine. I don't why Citrix is taking their sweet time with Citrix on WebOS. I got so tired of waiting for it. Now I can be productive anywhere I go with my TouchPad.
    Ok over looking what I did I added the three files to the cminstall folder. But the Moboot was unzip'd . FAIL I know lol how do I fix it?
    Fixing it isn't entirely simple, but not too bad either. First, boot the touchpad while holding the volume up. Once the USB symbol is up, you need to plug the touchpad into the computer and go back to your command line.

So in windows, hit start, and type into the "search programs and files" box:

cmd

Now you're at a dos prompt.

Go to where you put your moboot file (the file unzipped from the moboot package you downloaded).

In my case, I had to type:

cd /users/home/desktop

(I had my file unzipped on my desktop, this command changed my directory to my desktop).

Once there, you type:

novacom boot mem:// <uImage.moboot_0.3.3

Now it'll pop up a boot menu on the touchpad, quickly use the volume up/down buttons to get into webos.

Once in webos, load up executah and xterm, and utilize xterm to finish the install process for moboot:

mount -o remount,rw /boot
    cd /boot
    cp /path/to/uImage.moboot_0.3.3 .

(in the above line, you would put the path to your moboot 0.3.3 file, so if you moved it to your touchpad's /media/internal directory you'd type cd /media/internal/uImage.moboot_0.3.3 .

Also note the period at the VERY end of that line IS necessary).
    Now you continue:

rm uImage
    ln -s uImage.moboot_0.3.3 uImage
    ln -s uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin uImage.webOS
    echo "webOS" >moboot.default
    sync

Just like that, you have a boot menu and everything will work. NOW download the google marketplace .zip file, put it in your /media/internal, go to your file manager and tap on it inside android and it'll ask to go to clockwork to install. Say yes and you're DONE!

You now have google marketplace in android AND a proper boot menu.

There is NO need to wipe the touchpad at this point. Just do the steps above and you fixed your problem.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Some apps that people might want to try -

SwiftKey x tablet (excellent replacement keyboard)
    News republic tablet (good news app)

And in case you missed it - evernote beta from their site.

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Some apps that people might want to try -

SwiftKey x tablet (excellent replacement keyboard)
    News republic tablet (good news app)

And in case you missed it - evernote beta from their site.

Great programs. Pulse Reader as well is one of the best.
    This is not a distinction that means ANYTHING AT ALL to a user.

There is no difference between "Touchpad can't do PDFs right" and "There are no apps to do PDFs right".

That's the problem isn't it?

There are very few apps on the Touchpad.

What apps do exist, are generally vastly inferior to their Android counterparts (much less iOS).
    DeadVim and cgk like this.
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip - oh in case anyone (who is new to android) missed this tip earlier, in the settings for the stock browser, you can set a range of user agents including the ipad.

I just hp doctor'd it and started over works fine now lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Fixing it isn't entirely simple, but not too bad either. First, boot the touchpad while holding the volume up. Once the USB symbol is up, you need to plug the touchpad into the computer and go back to your command line.

So in windows, hit start, and type into the "search programs and files" box:

cmd

Now you're at a dos prompt.

Go to where you put your moboot file (the file unzipped from the moboot package you downloaded).

In my case, I had to type:

cd /users/home/desktop

(I had my file unzipped on my desktop, this command changed my directory to my desktop).

Once there, you type:

novacom boot mem:// <uImage.moboot_0.3.3

Now it'll pop up a boot menu on the touchpad, quickly use the volume up/down buttons to get into webos.

Once in webos, load up executah and xterm, and utilize xterm to finish the install process for moboot:

mount -o remount,rw /boot
    cd /boot
    cp /path/to/uImage.moboot_0.3.3 .

(in the above line, you would put the path to your moboot 0.3.3 file, so if you moved it to your touchpad's /media/internal directory you'd type cd /media/internal/uImage.moboot_0.3.3 .

Also note the period at the VERY end of that line IS necessary).
    Now you continue:

rm uImage
    ln -s uImage.moboot_0.3.3 uImage
    ln -s uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin uImage.webOS
    echo "webOS" >moboot.default
    sync

Just like that, you have a boot menu and everything will work. NOW download the google marketplace .zip file, put it in your /media/internal, go to your file manager and tap on it inside android and it'll ask to go to clockwork to install. Say yes and you're DONE!

You now have google marketplace in android AND a proper boot menu.

There is NO need to wipe the touchpad at this point. Just do the steps above and you fixed your problem.
    tks
    Quote Originally Posted by metr0man View Post
    There is no difference between "Touchpad can't do PDFs right" and "There are no apps to do PDFs right".

That's the problem isn't it?

There are very few apps on the Touchpad.

What apps do exist, are generally vastly inferior to their Android counterparts (much less iOS).
    Yes, apps are the main problem. As for PDFs, the TouchPad can do them perfectly fine, if you install an Ubuntu chroot via preware. But that is a very clunky and user unfriendly solution, so it is not a solution for the obvious problem.

I am really looking forward to Android, I just don't know whether I want to risk it now or wait a bit. Maybe tomorrow, assuming there are no reports of exploding TouchPads :-)
    Dolphin Browser not compatible with this.

Tried Medscape, Lastpass. They work.
    Last edited by bobbymd7; 10/13/2011 at 02:56 PM.
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbymd7 View Post
    Dolphin Browser not compatible with this.
    I am pretty sure it is you just need to slide load it.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk