Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoboy View Post
    This is interesting.... I'm not getting the Preware feeds either. I think it might be the feeds server that is down. Can anyone confirm this?

I can't see why the Touchpad would not want to access the feeds with this GB installed. Perhaps it removed a file/directory that the feed checks???

Anybody?
    Bad news. Preware works for me without Android installed
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    So if I install this alpha version and a beta version comes out in a few months, how do i go about installing the beta version? will it be an easy update? or will i have to go through all the pain of this again? any info would be greatly appreciated. would love to play around with this alpha version.
    Quote Originally Posted by soyanks View Post
    Bad news. Preware works for me without Android installed
    Ouch... yeah then it looks like it might be a Android install problem. I'm using WebOS quick install and it seems to load the feed but under Applications NOTHING shows up. The only thing I get is themes......

Oh Oh.....

Gonna try some reboots to see if I can get it going, will keep you guys posted.
    I can't test mine right now but FYI there was a thread, I think yesterday, about some folks having problems with the prewave feeds even before this release, or at least I think it was before. I wasn't having the problem but did glance down through it and seems like dns was a suspect but not certain.
    Thanks these are better than the crappy instructions I had. :-)
    I had issues last night with Preware. It works for me today.

I also have no plans to install the Alpha release. I'm probably going to even wait for Honeycomb or ICS. What I'm really hoping for is a stable release of Chroid.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    preware working fine over here after finally getting cyanogen port working. Just updated 3 packages.
    Last edited by crutzulee; 10/13/2011 at 01:54 PM.
    I just realized you might have meant actually getting the app on your laptop and having the initial download start on the touchpad.... that does not seem to work. Maybe it's because I have my phone linked to it as well and it goes there instead of to the Touchpad.
    What I mean is
    1. Go to the Android market on your laptop/desktop using your browser.
    https://market.android.com/
    2. Logic in. Is the Touchpad reconized as an android device so that you can select and app and direct it to download to the Touchpad?
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    I had issues last night with Preware. It works for me today.

I also have no plans to install the Alpha release. I'm probably going to even wait for Honeycomb or ICS. What I'm really hoping for is a stable release of Chroid.
    Yeah looks like a Preware/Server issue. I rebooted and retried and finally got the feed but it's a little slow and a little flaky/slow. No biggie....

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not an Android issue as I got it working....

As far as WAITING for a more stable version of Android OS, I would.... as I mentioned before I only did it cause I had a clean TP to begin with....
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    What I mean is
    1. Go to the Android market on your laptop/desktop using your browser.
    https://market.android.com/
    2. Logic in. Is the Touchpad reconized as an android device so that you can select and app and direct it to download to the Touchpad?
    Nope. Doesn't seem to work for me. I can only download direct from the TP.
    Found the answer!

How to Install Google Market & Apps on CM7 Alpha TouchPad
    1) Install CM7 as instructed, but be sure to include the moboot zip and the ClockworkMod zip!
    2) Boot into Android and connect the TouchPad as an External Storage device
    3) Download the Google Apps zip for CyanogenMod 7 from CyanogenMod Wiki
    4) Place the zipped file in the TouchPad file system
    5) Reboot the TouchPad & use moboot to choose "ClockworkMod"
    6) choose "install zip from sdcard"
    7) choose "choose zip from sdcard"
    8) find and select the .zip file you placed on the Touchpad
    9) Google Market & apps will install
    10) Reboot into CM7
    11) Enjoy!

What nobody tells you that is critical to do anything is that the volume keys on the TouchPad are the up/down keys and the home button is select
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Posting from Android browser: pretty cool so far. Install was perfect. Dual boot works. All my webOSstuff is still intact. I'm able to tether to 3gs now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    Has anybody tried this on a TP that is partitioned for the Ubuntu chroot? Does the addition of an extra ext partition throw any spanners in the works?
    working perfectly....while I had plenty of issues getting this installed (because I suck), none were because of my ubuntu partition. All 3 operating systems are coexisting nicely on my tab.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Looking forward to the Beta. I like the idea of Multiboot(would not want to loose WebOS), access to Android apps. This will really expand the usefullness of the TP. Go Team! And yes WebOS is a great system which I have really enjoyed, but I am all for going forward and adding to it.
    There is quite a few Android apps that I enjoy and use on my phone, would love to have them on my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by megatronium View Post
    Posting from Android browser: pretty cool so far. Install was perfect. Dual boot works. All my webOSstuff is still intact. I'm able to tether to 3gs now!!!
    What do you mean about tethering to 3gs?

I am doing wireless tethering from my Android phone to the TP in WebOS....
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hello there...I have 2 touchpads that i've had for a little over a month now.I read your forums and I have to say I respect what you guys are doing.I have my touch pads overclocked and really have grown to love webos.I also have a android tablet(1 generation) that was outdated before I even got it. Meaning it could not be updated.Great disappointment.To me the touchpad is the best thing i've bought in a while.While checking out the kindle app I noticed something...access to android.too bad amazon doesn't take over webos it would be very easy to build on to their app as a card for android.I gotta say for a supposed dying os they have added a lot of apps and I have noticed the apps being updated for touchpad.With 1 or 2 milllion as an audience this is where HP and webos makes or breaks itself.My wife wanted an ipad.I told her my problem with apple is I don't like being "told" what I want.its like going to a restaurant and being handed food you didn't want....lol. My friends jailbroke their ipads. It's the same issue I have with kindle...hate being restricted..that's why I love webos.anyways mad love and respect to internals
    In the Marketplace app you can install the Adobe Flash plugin and enable Flash in your web browser.
    ok I got it install when I shut it down how do I get the dual boot screen? I must have missed that part. sorry
    What do you mean about tethering to 3gs?

I am doing wireless tethering from my Android phone to the TP in WebOS....
    Or it's the sweet, sweet irony that you need an Android OS port on your WebOS device to tether to your iOS device.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown