Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    You guys have fun with it. If I wanted Android I wou'dve bought an Android tab.
    if i wanted a $100 Android tab, i'd go to my local Rite Aid and pick up a Coby one..
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    I will have fun with it once its here

I would have bought an Android tablet instead of the touchpad if there was a comparable one for $99, since there isn't a lot of new people with touchpads want options such as the massive library of android applications.
    funb0b likes this.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    Not sure what I think about people taking up the limited stock of these to run Android on them when those of us who want webOS are left out in the cold.
    ariker01 and un_designer like this.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I know what I think about it
    why would you want android on a webOS tablet these people **** me off!
    un_designer likes this.
    What, that people want an affordable, well specced tablet to run the operating system that they like, that they are sure will have a continuing app ecosystem?

Maybe you want a Touchpad, sure, but you can't say they're behaving irrationally...

"Oh, I'd love to get this and see if I can get it to run Android, but I'll bet there are fans of webOS that are out there that want this more than me. Oh well, I guess I'll forget about this interesting idea and pass up a great deal so that people that REALLY wanted this tablet can enjoy it more."
    ap3604, sixfootsix and funb0b like this.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    If you can dual boot and use Android in specific instances I would use Logmein or an RDP program at work, then WebOS at home. We need more software to truly make the Touchpad useable. If the only way to get there is Android, then bring it on. If we get document editting, an improved PDF reader, and remote control programs there would be no reason to dual boot as far as I'm concerned....
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    why would you want android on a webOS tablet these people **** me off!
    If something like that makes you mad, you are probably not a very happy person.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    If you can dual boot and use Android in specific instances I would use Logmein or an RDP program at work, then WebOS at home. We need more software to truly make the Touchpad useable. If the only way to get there is Android, then bring it on. If we get document editting, an improved PDF reader, and remote control programs there would be no reason to dual boot as far as I'm concerned....
    I also want to use Zinio, Hulu+ and a few others, but yeah, that's the point. It would be GREAT for certain instances.

This is a really cool project.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Google doesn't allow redistribution of the Market, Gmail, Maps, and a few other apps, except on officially licensed devices. So (legal) open source Android distributions will be missing those. I assume you could still sideload apps or use other app stores (Amazon?)
    You can obtain needed apk files from all over net. I don't know if something have changed, but Google wasn't forbidding unknown devices to access app store so theoretically, any device which runs on android and have market app could access marketplace.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Just wanted to share the screen shots of the Video that shows a Android 2.2.1 running on HP TouchPad... Found on Youtube yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by flash4yish; 08/24/2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Attaching 2nd picture
    high treason
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    This was the link....

(my apologies if link posting is not kewl)
    If one more person asks me if my touchpad uses android im going to punch them... thanks HP
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I want to put together a fund and offer a reward for the first person who ports webOS onto an Android or iOS tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    I want to put together a fund and offer a reward for the first person who ports webOS onto an Android or iOS tablet.
    You and me both
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    mmmm...webOS on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    -------------------
    They can take away a webOS device from being released on Sprint...but I will never lose my love for webOS!!!...GO TOUCHPAD!!!!

Palm Pre - > HTC Hero - > HTC Evo 4g - > iPhone 5(soon)
    It is getting really annoying..."no, I have no idea how the Android port is going"
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I first bought this thing because 1. 100/150 is a great steal for a tablet of this caliber and 2. I think Android could be ported.. But after using it for the past couple days.. I absolutely love WebOS as a tablet OS. I think it blows Honeycomb out of the water in usability..
    and having to defend the specs because people think its cheap and low quality because its only $99... seriously..
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast