Like Tree254Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Step 1. Read.
    Step 2. Read again.
    Step 3. Read one more time.
    Step 4. Apply what you read.

Amen to that! Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by cymbalhead View Post
    Anybody got any info on how the touchstone is behaving with Android? Is it charging ok?

And does it handle a fully-charged touchpad alright? Given that webOS has historically had problems with touchstones and continual recharging at 100% it's worth checking...
    I've been running for close to 4 hours on and off.... touchstone works good. Gingerbread recognizes it and you immediately see the charging icon. From what I have read Cyanogenmod heads are still working on streamlining/making it more efficient battery reads/battery use.
    Have anyone tried downloading apps from the Android Market on the Web?
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Have anyone tried downloading apps from the Android Market on the Web?
    Yup.... here's what I have working so far without any problems:

Amazon App Store
    Skype (made calls with no problem)
    FieldrunnersHD (looks super good)
    SetCPU (currently at 1.7mhz)
    ES File Explorer
    Cut the Rope Game (looks great)
    Battery Solo Widget
    Splashtop (Android version) works great!
    Netflix

All of these were downloaded via the Android Market or Amazon App store.... so far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by benzoboy View Post
    Yup.... here's what I have working so far without any problems:

Amazon App Store
    Skype (made calls with no problem)
    FieldrunnersHD (looks super good)
    SetCPU (currently at 1.7mhz)
    ES File Explorer
    Cut the Rope Game (looks great)
    Battery Solo Widget
    Splashtop (Android version) works great!
    Netflix

All of these were downloaded via the Android Market or Amazon App store.... so far so good.
    I just realized you might have meant actually getting the app on your laptop and having the initial download start on the touchpad.... that does not seem to work. Maybe it's because I have my phone linked to it as well and it goes there instead of to the Touchpad.
    I think slbailey1 meant using the web version of the market to install the apps, rather than the store on the Touchpad itself. It's not clear at the moment whether you were able to do that. Please could you confirm?

EDIT: Ninja'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    I think slbailey1 meant using the web version of the market to install the apps, rather than the store on the Touchpad itself. It's not clear at the moment whether you were able to do that. Please could you confirm?

EDIT: Ninja'd
    I just realized you might have meant actually getting the app on your laptop and having the initial download start on the touchpad.... that does not seem to work. Maybe it's because I have my phone linked to it as well and it goes there instead of to the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I want to install, but everything is telling me to wait, I think I will
    wait about week, and see if they fix the few remaining problems.
    DeadVim likes this.
    A general PSA for anyone just getting their feet wet with apps on Android. Be aware that Amazon gives away a free paid app each day. Some days they are "meh" but some days they are really good freebies.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    I want to install, but everything is telling me to wait, I think I will
    wait about week, and see if they fix the few remaining problems.
    I personally would wait if you have your Touchpad fully loaded. I was in the process of cleaning mine up and doing a fresh install so the timing was right, I had no data that I needed to save or backup.

If you do install.... my experience is to make sure you can tell yourself that you will lose any information on the webOS side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Dipping my toe in the water tentatively here, as my Touchpad hasn't quite got here yet (sitting at a depot 20 miles away for the last three days), so "Hi, all", but with regard to the above:

Dual-booting to Android sounds like a good way to solve the PDF-rendering issues I'm reading about, which I hope to be one of my main uses for the device.

Spyke
    a lot seem to think "the touchpad cant do pdf's right" which is utterly wrong, its just that the 1 app we have for it is rubbish, which has nowt to do with the OS/touchpad.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Is Preware working for anyone after booting back into WebOS? I get an error when I open Preware and it won't load any feeds.
    Does the TouchPad still charge when docked on the TouchStone when you boot to Android?
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    Also. Is there a way to access the Market? I installed the market apk but I can't register my google account via Accounts and Sync.
    How to Install Google Market & Apps on CM7 Alpha TouchPad
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Does the TouchPad still charge when docked on the TouchStone when you boot to Android?
    Yes, it was just discussed a few posts up.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    Just a warning, /media/internal gets "erased" (not everything, but user placed files will be erased).

So probably stuff like emulator roms, etc will be erased.
    Thanks for that. I lost two things in the full erase, apps which I think are under /media/cryptofs and my images & files which were probably all on /media/internal. Just need to move all that stuff off before trying, which is probably a good idea anyway. pretty sure I have images etc both directly in /media/internal and some subdirectories, particularly downloads.
    Hi I tried to load Android on my touchpad and somehow I ended up with the black screen with the big white USB symbol on it. Is there an easy way to get out of that mode and start back from scratch?
    Left work early so I can install the alpha release of CM7 on my TP. About to begin now. Wish me luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Is Preware working for anyone after booting back into WebOS? I get an error when I open Preware and it won't load any feeds.
    This is interesting.... I'm not getting the Preware feeds either. I think it might be the feeds server that is down. Can anyone confirm this?

I can't see why the Touchpad would not want to access the feeds with this GB installed. Perhaps it removed a file/directory that the feed checks???

Anybody?
    I admit it, I'm a complete newbie to Android and all I know is the Marketplace app does not come with CyanogenMod install. The web version says there is no device associated with Android.

So those who know, please post the complete idiots guide to this as I assume many more people are looking how to do this.

Thanks!