Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 929
Like Tree254Likes
  1. #541  
    So far I have been running for about 2 hours with Netflix working fine and the pad itself overclocked at 1.7(built in overclocker on this build, nice).

    I'm loving this thing.
  2. #542  
    Dang, why did this come up whey I can't stop and do it? ARGH! But that aside, it's very good news.
  3. #543  
    aghhhhhhh! I've been watching the development of this project from the beginning here and on rootzwiki. I get up early this morning and am surprised and excited to see it released.... Download the files....read the notes and......felled by novacom!!!
    For the life of me I can't get my computers to recognize the script for acmeinstaller.
    I have uninstalled and installed novocom 10 times 10 different ways and everything I run the scripts I get a message indicating that "novocom" is not a recognized term. Whenever I try to unmount the tab, I get a message stating that I can't because palm novocom is using the device!
    At this point, I am BEYOND frustrated. I'm sure that novocom is running as a process. I've used it before when installing prepare on the tab in the first place.
  4. #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by kzbx View Post
    Flash is not included in the default browser, but I believe there are alternatives available. Aldiko is working well, and I dont have the means to check UPnPlay at the moment.



    I ran acid3 and got 95/100 and the Javascript benchmark returned a value of 3275.3ms +/- 4.4% (sorry no link, I'm typing this on a laptop and its too long to transcribe).
    Thanks for the update on flash and Aldiko.

    Can you interpret what the acid3 results mean? Are they good or average?
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm using... the back button.

    Less sarcastically - you can see the back button in this video, it's to the right of the home button:

    Hrmm, so it has a dedicated soft key row? I was wondering how they were going to work it. Interesting.
  6. #546  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    <staff edit>
    Well, he has to live up to his screen name ya know.
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/13/2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: unnecessary
  7. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Hrmm, so it has a dedicated soft key row? I was wondering how they were going to work it. Interesting.
    Yeah and it hides when you want full-screen model in apps like a comic reader or films.
  8. #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    How much space does the dual boot, Android/webOS mod/patch use?
    My 16GB TP has 7GB left. Peace.

    - "Is it Safe?" (Laurence Olivier to Dustin Hoffman in "The Marathon Man")
    From what I've read so far there it takes 2GB, is that correct guys?

    I'm a little torn. I would really like to try this but am afraid of alpha, particularly after some of the issues reported by the chomper early birds. Probably lucky for me I can't bite just yet and I am not near the touchpad. The other thing I'm thinking is that I need to learn more about backing up the touchpad. This is for a few different reasons, including that this is alpha software, after reading some chomper scary stories, and also on a totally separate note that my touchpad got "full erased" by my daughters friend and I'd like an easier/better recovery if that should happen again. I'm sure there are threads here I can find about it but if anyone wants to chime in here with a summary of best practices I'd appreciate it.
  9. #549  
    I plan to install this today on one of my TPs, will report back.
  10. #550  
    I installed android on my TP a hour ago, and i'm pretty impressed with it. Other than it deleting files from the existing webos, and i've heard it wont get out of sleep mode once it enters it (I haven't removed the usb cable from the TP yet lol) i'm pretty happy. I'm really looking forward to future updates xD!
  11. #551  
    My PC sees my TP, but when I go into Novacom mode, it says driver error. Even after reinstalling it.
  12. #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Maybe you should just answer a question instead of trying to be a smart-***. It's a legit question... Gingerbread normally requires a hardware key setup..
    The Nook color has the same amount of buttons as the TP, and has had CM7 for a while now. Softkeys was there before the TP.
  13. #553  
    Just a warning, /media/internal gets "erased" (not everything, but user placed files will be erased).

    So probably stuff like emulator roms, etc will be erased.

    Otherwise its running fairly well.
  14. #554  
    Has anybody tried this on a TP that is partitioned for the Ubuntu chroot? Does the addition of an extra ext partition throw any spanners in the works?
  15. #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Hrmm, so it has a dedicated soft key row? I was wondering how they were going to work it. Interesting.
    Pretty much all of the available tablets running Gingerbread have been sporting softkeys in the notification row (just like all the Honecomb tablets do.)

    This isn't the first "tablet" to run Gingerbread.

    -Suntan
  16. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #556  
    for anyone who wants evernote (it's a beta which seems to render as a proper tablet app?):

    http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview


    Edit: The evernote tablet app is full of win.

    Anyone know of any other apps that automatically make use of the screen estate and present as tablet apps?
    Last edited by CGK; 10/13/2011 at 11:35 AM.
  17. #557  
    Anybody got any info on how the touchstone is behaving with Android? Is it charging ok?

    And does it handle a fully-charged touchpad alright? Given that webOS has historically had problems with touchstones and continual recharging at 100% it's worth checking...
  18. #558  
    Here's a better tutorial:

    Everything About Tablets | How to: Install Android CyanogenMod on the HP TouchPad

    The CMD portion wasn't explained properly in the README.

    Also. Is there a way to access the Market? I installed the market apk but I can't register my google account via Accounts and Sync.
  19. #559  
    Quote Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
    aghhhhhhh! I've been watching the development of this project from the beginning here and on rootzwiki. I get up early this morning and am surprised and excited to see it released.... Download the files....read the notes and......felled by novacom!!!
    For the life of me I can't get my computers to recognize the script for acmeinstaller.
    I have uninstalled and installed novocom 10 times 10 different ways and everything I run the scripts I get a message indicating that "novocom" is not a recognized term. Whenever I try to unmount the tab, I get a message stating that I can't because palm novocom is using the device!
    At this point, I am BEYOND frustrated. I'm sure that novocom is running as a process. I've used it before when installing prepare on the tab in the first place.
    Do you have Devmode turned on? I've stumbled on that goof before
    instructions for the lazy/forgetful (aka me)
    type in Just Type "webos20090606"
  20. #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    From what I've read so far there it takes 2GB, is that correct guys?

    I'm a little torn. I would really like to try this but am afraid of alpha, particularly after some of the issues reported by the chomper early birds. Probably lucky for me I can't bite just yet and I am not near the touchpad. The other thing I'm thinking is that I need to learn more about backing up the touchpad. This is for a few different reasons, including that this is alpha software, after reading some chomper scary stories, and also on a totally separate note that my touchpad got "full erased" by my daughters friend and I'd like an easier/better recovery if that should happen again. I'm sure there are threads here I can find about it but if anyone wants to chime in here with a summary of best practices I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks for the "2GB" info. I will wait patiently until the Cyanamod Android patch reaches the public feed, and a proper backup is published. Peace.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions