Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 929
Like Tree254Likes
  1. T-Pad's Avatar
    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Hah - I installed the angry birds games because my other half loves those games and is looking forward to playing new versions you can't get on WebOS (for free).
    I don't know Angry Birds on Android, but my Angry Birds (Seasons/Rio) on the TouchPad include exactly the same levels than Angry Birds (Seasons/Rio) on my iPhone.
  2. #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    Will all this work be for nothing when ICS launches?
    Yes and no.

    ICS will hopefully be open source (unlike honeycomb), so there will be a CM9 project for that. However the drivers and such that were made from scratch for this project should carry over and speed things up for the ICS port.
  3. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #523  
    but my Angry Birds (Seasons/Rio) on the TouchPad include exactly the same levels than Angry Birds (Seasons/Rio) on my iPhone.
    Are they free now? When I checked, you had to pay for them on the TP.
  4. #524  
    Ok, can one of you brave souls write a quick and dirty guide on this for either windows or mac?
    I was going to have a bash earlier but some of the instructions are a little unclear?
    Would appreciate it if someone can spare a few minutes?
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
  5. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #525  
    Just a quick tip - if you have a problem with the wifi going to sleep and not waking up, put the power controls widget on the desktop and turn the wifi on and off to quick reboot it.

    Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
  6. nToxik's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Yes and no.

    ICS will hopefully be open source (unlike honeycomb), so there will be a CM9 project for that. However the drivers and such that were made from scratch for this project should carry over and speed things up for the ICS port.
    Will there be a need for CM9? I mean, isn't ICS supposed to run on all tablets.
  7. #527  
    The point of CM is to produce a ROM compiled directly from Google's source code removing any carrier added nuances or modifications.

    CM projects take the Google Source and then create drivers to make it run on that platform. We'll still need them to make the drivers for it and compile the ROM, but it should be much easier now with Gingerbread drivers.
  8. #528  
    Considering this is an alpha, I'm rather impressed... few things I don't like (like the keyboard not going to the bottom edge makes spacebar non intuitive) and obviously a few bugs, but overall amazing.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  9. #529  
    What are you guys using for a back button??

    Gingerbread just seems so stupid to me... it's not even a tablet designed OS. I'd probably jump if it was Honeycomb.
  10. #530  






    And here is part 3 with Wiimote

  11. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    What are you guys using for a back button??

    Gingerbread just seems so stupid to me... it's not even a tablet designed OS. I'd probably jump if it was Honeycomb.

    I don't know about anyone else but I'm using... the back button.

    Less sarcastically - you can see the back button in this video, it's to the right of the home button:

  12. #532  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Just a quick tip - if you have a problem with the wifi going to sleep and not waking up, put the power controls widget on the desktop and turn the wifi on and off to quick reboot it.

    Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    This may help...

    1. Go into settings.
    2. Hit Wireless and Networks
    3. Hit Wi-Fi settings.
    4. Hit menu and advance
    5. Then click "Wi-Fi sleep policy" and click never.

    It may help if it's not a ROM problem.
  13. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    This may help...

    1. Go into settings.
    2. Hit Wireless and Networks
    3. Hit Wi-Fi settings.
    4. Hit menu and advance
    5. Then click "Wi-Fi sleep policy" and click never.

    It may help if it's not a ROM problem.
    I looked at that but I thought it would drain the battery quicker? (although I think power management is still an issue on this rom).

    The ZTE blade had the same problem when the first CM roms arrived for it, it was quickly fixed so I'm hoping this is the same now more people are using it and can report back and fix issues.
  14. #534  
    very cool. Now, stop teasing and show us the final product.
  15. #535  
    How do I install apps? I can't find the market place : (
  16. #536  
    How much space does the dual boot, Android/webOS mod/patch use?
    My 16GB TP has 7GB left. Peace.

    - "Is it Safe?" (Laurence Olivier to Dustin Hoffman in "The Marathon Man")
  17. #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I looked at that but I thought it would drain the battery quicker? (although I think power management is still an issue on this rom).

    The ZTE blade had the same problem when the first CM roms arrived for it, it was quickly fixed so I'm hoping this is the same now more people are using it and can report back and fix issues.
    I keep it on all the time on my Shift... I haven't notice any more battery drain than when I have it set to be turned off when sleep.

    But usually early builds of cyanogenmod have Wi-Fi problems.
  18. #538  
    Wow, seems complicated. Step by step please, someone??
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by swak6287 View Post
    Wow, seems complicated. Step by step please, someone??
    Step 1. Read.
    Step 2. Read again.
    Step 3. Read one more time.
    Step 4. Apply what you read.

  20. #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    How do I install apps? I can't find the market place : (
    You have to install gabbs-gb xxxx.zip

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions