Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    just a word of warning.. all your files get deleted once you install this. if you add files while youre using android they dont disappear once you boot into webos. if you do it the other way around, the files disappear once you boot into android.
    wow that seems great - I will install it later at home - *happy*

one question:
    How fast is the browser? In webOS its totally lame, a iPad (even1) or Asus Slider loads the websites extreamly faster - how is it with this Android Port?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Hah - I installed the angry birds games because my other half loves those games and is looking forward to playing new versions you can't get on WebOS (for free).

Few other thoughts:

* All of my photos are in picasa (over 10gb of them) - the stock gallery makes accessing them easy and is a lot more responsive than the stock WebOS app.

* I like Comicshelf for WebOS but Comic rack is an pretty cool app that is a lot more polished

* Got to slide-load evernote as the market is filtering it

* Never noticed this but the stock browser allows you to change the user-string (to ipad for example) with one-click - nice!

Thanks fr the reply on Google sync. I asked because I also use picasa and google docs etc.

When I got my second android tablet (Transformer) I was really please when I realised that some of my apps were automatiaclly added to the new tablet. Did this happen with the Touchpad?

I know that on some Android tablets Angry Bird freezes occasionally. Did this happen on the Touchpad?
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    When I got my second android tablet (Transformer) I was really please when I realised that some of my apps were automatiaclly added to the new tablet. Did this happen with the Touchpad?
    No - at the moment, I don't think the market knows what to do with it.

I know that on some Android tablets Angry Bird freezes occasionally. Did this happen on the Touchpad?
    Not as far as I am aware but I only played it briefly.

Just going to try some .mkv video to see what the playback is like.
    Nice to see the first few videos from the brave of you, thanks guys.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'm a bit busy today but if anyone wants anything in particular testing - let me know.

* MKV play-back seems fast and good - downloaded the first app I came across in the market MX Player - no idea if it is considered a 'good' one.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Syncs fine as far as I can tell - gmail and picasa have both synced fine.

You boot it and select which OS you want to use. When you are in android when you go to shut down, you can either shut-down or select reboot into webOS. Not a lot more to it than that.
    I dunno what I did wrong, but when I select reboot to webos, android always comes up. I can't even shut it off, Should I reinstall everything ?
    CGK:

Can you run The Acid3 Test

and SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark

Really would love to have a fast, fully standards compliant web browser.
    I'm a bit busy today but if anyone wants anything in particular testing - let me know.

* MKV play-back seems fast and good - downloaded the first app I came across in the market MX Player - no idea if it is considered a 'good' one.
    Can you confirm that flash is working?

The two things I really miss in webos is uPnP or similar video streaming and a good epub book reader. If you could test something like Aldiko and UPnPlay that would be really great.
    How much storage space does CM7 take up?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by badhairguy View Post
    So far, it is smooth and hasn't crashed. I'm running the CPU @ 1.8GHz, stock CM7 kernel. I have installed the google apps to get the market, and I can confirm that netflix is working as intended, and most apps appear to work, but some are being filtered out (Facebook for Android, for instance). The developers are aware of this problem.

Other than the little app issue, it seems very complete for an alpha version.
    What did you use to run the cpu at 1.8 ?
    For those of you who had already done it, can you report back with a step by step? I just cant firure it out. I am not sure what the instructions are saying.
    Stoked for cyanogen and webos dual boot. Gonna at least wait until beta to install yet. Will all this work be for nothing when ICS launches? I would imagine it would change the framework a ton????
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFred View Post

The two things I really miss in webos is uPnP or similar video streaming and a good epub book reader. If you could test something like Aldiko and UPnPlay that would be really great.
    Flash is not included in the default browser, but I believe there are alternatives available. Aldiko is working well, and I dont have the means to check UPnPlay at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    CGK:

I ran acid3 and got 95/100 and the Javascript benchmark returned a value of 3275.3ms +/- 4.4% (sorry no link, I'm typing this on a laptop and its too long to transcribe).
    Last edited by kzbx; 10/13/2011 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFred View Post

I have installed Flash player 11, and it does work. Tested out an episode of Bones on fox.com, got to the commercial at the beginning...then my wifi connection died. But the flash advertisement did work! :P

you have to go into the market and download flash player 11, then it will work in the browser.
    CGK:

Attached Images Attached Images
    I should have gotten a touchpad...
    itsdollar likes this.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    CGK:

Edit - ah someone beat me to it - bear in mind that Android has multiple browsers, so you can swop and change depending on your perferences.
    If anyone is wondering.... just loaded up NETFLIX.... runs VERY good on the AndroidTouch... so far I am very pleased with this Alpha version. Best of all we do NOT lose WEBOS. HUGE.
    I have had a few random reboots for no reason but thats about it ,