Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Well I'm sure it will crash but my first thoughts are how fast this thing is....
    You mean you didn't have to install a bunch of patches, a new kernel and 'overclock' it?

Sorry, couldn't resist, I'm enjoying watching the reports coming back, feedback seems positive so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
    how are you loading the apps ?
    I had to install gapps using the acme installer. The android marketplace is filtering some so I have been searching for some apks and just downloading them and installing them from the TP.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    Thanks for taking the plunge, guys. I'm off on a fortnight's business trip tomorrow and don't want to risk bricking the Touchpad at this point (which my wife has fallen in love with and which is staying behind).

Is the Android Market there? Can you install your existing apps easily, or do you have to sideload them in some way?
    The market is currently filtering a lot of apps (there is no evernote for example), however people are reporting that a lot of those apps are available on the amazon market and that is not filtering or they are slide-loading them.

I'm sure someone is working on a fix as we speak. The PDF performance was really nice.

Having said that - anyone wanting to try this, be clear it's an alpha and things often quit or stop working (the wifi for example doesn't always come back from sleep).

Still, it's very usable and I look forward to rapid progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The market is currently filtering a lot of apps (there is no evernote for example), however people are reporting that a lot of those apps are available on the amazon market and that is not filtering or they are slide-loading them.

I'm sure someone is working on a fix as we speak. The PDF performance was really nice.

Having said that - anyone wanting to try this, be clear it's an alpha and things often quit or stop working (the wifi for example doesn't always come back from sleep).

Still, it's very usable and I look forward to rapid progress.
    Does it sync with Google OK?
    Video to come soon showing how easy it is to switch between WebOS and Android.
    CM7 Alpha Released [10/13]

I just got done installing it; installation was flawless. Dual boot enabled.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFred View Post
    Does it sync with Google OK?
    Syncs fine as far as I can tell - gmail and picasa have both synced fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet
    Video to come soon showing how easy it is to switch between WebOS and Android.
    You boot it and select which OS you want to use. When you are in android when you go to shut down, you can either shut-down or select reboot into webOS. Not a lot more to it than that.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Please note the audio is horrible. I work in a datacenter and there is a ton of white noise.
    fsx100 likes this.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Same here!
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I'll upload a quick one minute video in a minute so people can see a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostnthenet View Post
    Please note the audio is horrible. I work in a datacenter and there is a ton of white noise.
    Good stuff, this was my biggest question on how moboot works. I assume that as long as you have moboot among all the other zip files in the cminstall directory, all of the reboot options in your video get set up automatically?
    Is there documentation that you know of on how to change the default bootup parameters?
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I assume that as long as you have moboot among all the other zip files in the cminstall directory, all of the reboot options in your video get set up automatically?
    Yes that is the case, no user-intervention needed.

Is there documentation that you know of on how to change the default bootup parameters?
    Not that I am aware of but if you ask over at the CM forums, I'm sure someone knows better.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Cool, will give this a try now
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Very quick one minute video so people can see what it looks like:

(The white noise you hear in the sound is from the camera not the Touchpad).
    Can you guys report back how it's running?
    So far, it is smooth and hasn't crashed. I'm running the CPU @ 1.8GHz, stock CM7 kernel. I have installed the google apps to get the market, and I can confirm that netflix is working as intended, and most apps appear to work, but some are being filtered out (Facebook for Android, for instance). The developers are aware of this problem.

Other than the little app issue, it seems very complete for an alpha version.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Cyanogenmod + Cut the Rope = Happy ME
    sorli likes this.
    One thing I don't like about my digital camera when shooting video is that God-awful motor noise when you zoom in or out. Thanks for that, interesting that you chose Angry Birds...lol. We've all seen and played AB

I'm almost tempted tell you the truth, but stupid old fear and common sense is holding me back for a beta version

maybe I'll go see what's new in the App Catalog instead
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    One thing I don't like about my digital camera when shooting video is that God-awful motor noise when you zoom in or out. Thanks for that, interesting that you chose Angry Birds...lol. We've all seen and played AB
    Hah - I installed the angry birds games because my other half loves those games and is looking forward to playing new versions you can't get on WebOS (for free).

Few other thoughts:

* All of my photos are in picasa (over 10gb of them) - the stock gallery makes accessing them easy and is a lot more responsive than the stock WebOS app.

* I like Comicshelf for WebOS but Comic rack is an pretty cool app that is a lot more polished

* Got to slide-load evernote as the market is filtering it

* Never noticed this but the stock browser allows you to change the user-string (to ipad for example) with one-click - nice!
    Last edited by CGK; 10/13/2011 at 07:25 AM.
    So when you installed this, how did this affect the webOS side of things? Untouched? Inquiring minds want to know.

if I can't finish all the levels I have already....what's the point of getting more levels that I can't finish??? Lol
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel