Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by decalex View Post
    Today they fixed clockwork recovery and root access.

I so wish webOS had something like clockwork (creates images of /system, /data, etc, allows to restore portions or full image)
    Meta Doctor allows to create the images. To restore them, you have to do it yourself. But it works.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I just came across this Article:

'Speechless': HTC Android phones expose users' locations, call history | smh.com.au

It may be of interest to those considering porting Android OS to their HP devices?

~~~~~~~~~
    I believe it's limited to HTC Android phones, not Android phones in general.
    OK Cool.. Thanks & let's hope so.

None the less, I suppose 'Android' could potentially open up security 'weaknesses' via 'Apps' for other units too?
    Latest news from Tablet support forum...

Update 4 10/7 - Android Dev Updates and Information
    URGENT: DO NOT UPDATE YOUR HP TOUCHPAD TO webOS v3.0.4 IF YOU PLAN ON INSTALLING ANDROID OR WANT TO DON'T WANT TO RISK LOOSING PATCHES!!
    Use webOS Doctor to roll back if you do update, system information may be lost though. While nothing has been confirmed it is reported that 3.0.4 could cause users a delay on installing Android due to system changes by HP and the fact that the Cyanogen team has been working with webOS v3.0.2! Many patches have also been reported to stop working amongst system update as well!

Updates also indicated with a * before item below.
    Latest update on 10/07/2011 09:46 PM CST includes:
    -Update, HDMI output through Micro USB more likely than not possible!!; HDMI through Micro USB (The System-on-a-Chip has the required hardware, have to find which pin #) (webOS 3.0.4 may have HDMI support, and if so we can reverse engineer the process, stay tuned)
    -Add to issue list (Low priority): Light Sensor does not work automatically, needs to be turned on manually
    -Add to issue list (Low priority): No audio support for BT headsets
    Update 2:
    -Added "Fixed bugs" list
    -COMPLETE Camera (Fixed 10/7)
    -FIXED Touchscreen turns off when accelerometer is disabled
    Update 3:
    -Update to "What is going on at the Cyanogen developement page:" Reboot to webOS menu priority label downgraded from critical to high (great news! only 1 critical issue remaining: Wifi!!!)
    -Update to "What is going on at the Cyanogen developement page:" Plugging in headphones does not turn off built in speakers issue updgraded from low to high
    -Issue update: 2D Acceleration issue postponed
    Update 4:
    -FIXED CPU stays on max frequency when screen is on
    Update 5:
    -Honeycomb question answered in FAQ (2nd question)

Latest update on 10/06/2011 09:59 PM CST includes:
    -COMPLETE Touchstone works and charges, but no event is raised to show you it's charging (Fixed 10/6)
    -Added to "What is currently being worked on": 2D Acceleration (Started 10/6)
    -Remove from issue list: Touchscreen stays on at all times, even when screen is turned off
    -Added number of issues remaining list with priority grouping as well
    -Update 2, new low priority issue: Integrate divx codec into CM7 - added to "Currently being worked on"

This thread will be updated consistently throughout the porting process and also once everything is successfully ported over (That day can't come too soon). Keep an eye on each section as I am doing constant updates... mainly because I am so excited! I've already updated 2 things in the last few hours pertaining to Cyanogen's development!
    Anything you want to add to any of the sections below? Please feel free to give recommendations, corrections, and ask questions below! That is why we are all here! Questions and answers!

IRC Chat Log:
    <@dalingrin> fwiw, i don't plan to wait until everything is perfrect before we release
    <@dalingrin> just want to shore up a few problems first

Port progress:
    CyanogenMod - Currently 70% - 80% done to a working port (Doesn't mean final)

Issues remaining:
    Critical: 1
    High: 4
    Medium: 8
    Low: 10
    Total issues remaining: 23
    Please note that list above is subject to change at any time. Issues may be found that have not been seen yet.

What currently works:
    COMPLETE Booting into Android
    COMPLETE ADB commands via ADB
    COMPLETE Power, back/home and volume button layout
    COMPLETE Touchscreen support (Multi-touch, 10 fingers)
    COMPLETE GPU Acceleration (2D Acceleration doesn't work, but not a release blocker)
    COMPLETE Dual CPU Processor (Both cores are enabled)
    COMPLETE Bluetooth (Fixed 9/24)
    COMPLETE Sound
    COMPLETE Accelerometer
    COMPLETE Power Management (Fixed 10/4)
    COMPLETE Battery Reporting (Fixed 9/29)
    COMPLETE Vibration (Fixed 9/26)
    COMPLETE Backlight (Confirmed in IRC)
    COMPLETE LED (Confirmed in IRC)
    COMPLETE Multiboot (Confirmed in IRC)
    COMPLETE Clockwork Recovery (Fixed 9/30)
    COMPLETE Fast Switch Boot (Appears fixed to me Video Update 9/23)
    COMPLETE Fake SD card Mount (Fixed 9/26)
    COMPLETE Light Sensor (Confirmed in IRC)
    COMPLETE Softkeys
    *COMPLETE Camera (Fixed 10/7)
    90% Complete Wifi (Still needs to be fixed for reconnecting to wifi, needs to be verified)
    Partially Compass (Bugs need to be worked out)

Fixed bugs:
    *FIXED Touchscreen turns off when accelerometer is disabled
    *FIXED CPU stays on max frequency when screen is on
    FIXED Touchstone works and charges, but no event is raised to show you it's charging (Fixed 10/6)
    FIXED Touchscreen events (touches) are ignored after sleep (Fixed 10/5)

What does not currently work:
    Gyroscope

What currently being worked on:
    2D Acceleration (Started 10/6. Postponed 10/7)
    Integrate divx codec into CM7 (Started 10/6)

What can possibly work:
    *HDMI through Micro USB (The System-on-a-Chip has the required hardware, have to find which pin #) (webOS 3.0.4 may have HDMI support, and if so we can reverse engineer the process, stay tuned!)
    GPS (Does not seem possible to implement because hardware seems to be lacking GPS functionality)

Issues:
    msm_rotator does not work correctly. Screen may rotate for video, but becomes distorted.
    Screen stays blank for 10 second before boot animation appears
    Battery does not shut down device at critical battery level
    Sleep Issues for Wifi
    Airplane mode stays on once turned on, happens because the touchpad doesn't have a real radio interface layer.
    Plugging in headphones does not mute external speakers
    *Light Sensor does not work automatically, needs to be turned on manually
    *No audio support for BT headsets
    -Information above compiled by DarkRedFlame from Rootzwiki RootzWiki
    -DarkRedFlame is getting this information from the Cyanogen development page at cmtouchpad - Android port for HP Touchpad - Google Project Hosting
    -Do NOT post on link above unless you are a developer. We have some dude asking impossible things and bugging developers. iOS can NOT be ported to the HP Touchpad as it is a closed ecosystem and Tegra 3 can NOT be installed on the device as well as other hardware changes... Well, I'm sure Tegra 3 can be installed but that would involve advance hardware knowledge that 99.99% of people do not have. Sorry... dumb people annoy me.

What is going on at the Cyanogen developement page: cmtouchpad - Android port for HP Touchpad - Google Project Hosting
    10/07/2011 - Reboot to webOS menu priority label downgraded from critical to high (great news! only 1 critical issue remaining: Wifi!!!)
    Plugging in headphones does not turn off built in speakers issue updgraded from low to high
    10/01/2011 - People be smart and don't ask questions on the dev page. That is for devs and bugs, not questions, it is NOT a forum.
    09/26/2011 - They are working on getting Clockworkmod Recovery running, or at least have got it up with some minor issues. This is a great sign as it is one of the last things to worry about! Recovery is used for flashing custom ROMS, backing up, and resetting devices back to factory defaults mostly
    09/26/2011 - They are trying to get the source information from Qualcomm and HP about the 3 known tablets that shipped with Android and also driver information to expedite Android development. As companies tend to do, they are getting bounced around and are about to take this to the EFF for infractions of GPL (Open source linux stuff. Pretty much they are required to release source code information on request due to their use of open software).
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Meta Doctor allows to create the images. To restore them, you have to do it yourself. But it works.
    There's a major difference between Meta Doctor and Clockwork though. Meta Doctor requires a PC to do its work. Clockwork is ran entirely on the device. As such, it makes devices that have it truly PC independent since you can now recover or restore from broken systems even if you arent at home as long as you either have a rom package or a backup on your SD card.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Looking at the issues list, I think we have to be near to a release?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Does anyone know if theres any chance that Android operating system will be an option for Touchpad ?
    Android is already pretty much ported, but I have a feeling that CM7 isn't going to be publicly available for it and that the Cyanogenmod team is just waiting for CM8 to release for the Touchpad. Should only be another month or so.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    This is the most relevant thread for progress:

Build Progress [Updated 10/8]

I expect we could have a release in late October/November...
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I like this update message on the CM:

What currently being worked on:

Beating Metal Gear Solid 4 under 5 hours.
    I'll be a bit more optimistic and say we will have a GB release within the next week....
    <threads merged>
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    I believe it's limited to HTC Android phones, not Android phones in general.
    Didn't see this until now but it's limited to HTC Android phones with Sense. All other HTC Android phones are fine.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I like this update message on the CM:

I'll be a bit more optimistic and say we will have a GB release within the next week....
    I'm thinking the same. From what I've seen, the big show stopper are the wifi issues.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I'd bet a within a week too.

I notice they have some new power drain issues and they'll probably want to snuff this one out at least before releasing it to the waiting masses.

I like the philosophy of getting it right and ignoring the calls to release alpha/beta/whatever versions.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    I'd bet a within a week too.

I notice they have some new power drain issues and they'll probably want to snuff this one out at least before releasing it to the waiting masses.

I like the philosophy of getting it right and ignoring the calls to release alpha/beta/whatever versions.
    Even when it comes out, I'm not touching it for at least a few weeks. Because I already am a Cyanogenmod user I know that even a release candidate is not without problems. It's not until they release a pure stable version that you can be assured that all major problems are taken care of and some minor ones will be found.

I'll let everyone else be the guinea pigs.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    Even when it comes out, I'm not touching it for at least a few weeks. Because I already am a Cyanogenmod user I know that even a release candidate is not without problems. It's not until they release a pure stable version that you can be assured that all major problems are taken care of and some minor ones will be found.

I'll let everyone else be the guinea pigs.
    Sounds sensible, I might pig it though if it doesn't affect the webOS installation.

I've never used Android so I'm looking forward to trying something different.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    Sounds sensible, I might pig it though if it doesn't affect the webOS installation.

I've never used Android so I'm looking forward to trying something different.
    For me it wiil be a stopgap to allow me access to apps I need like evernote and Google docs - the real fun begins when we get Ice-cream sandwich.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    For me it wiil be a stopgap to allow me access to apps I need like evernote and Google docs - the real fun begins when we get Ice-cream sandwich.
    Yup, sounds like the vast majority of the work done so far will carry forward too so the port shouldn't be as epic as this one.

Now, excuse me, my TP needs a reboot, 1 sec delay between keypresses does not a fun time make ...