Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    Am I the only one that is not really excited about this? WebOS is fine for me tho! I like have the market has plenty of apps over WebOS.
    I'm not right there with ya. I'm ready to make the move over.

Quote Originally Posted by skip1959 View Post
    For myself I am not going to change if its android 2.3.

Will wait for ICS at least and by then we may see android apps possible within webOS through an emulator if what I have read in several places that HP webOS team are working on it.

To be honest I like webOS UI much more than android but it would be nice to have widgets on the screen as well.
    The UI is really nice, but its too buggy. You know, its like the ol DeLoran. They made a bad *** looking car for its day, but under the hood it was soooo underpowered that if felt like it was a waste.

I appreciate the homebrew community, but I gotta say WebOS will never hit its full potential.
    Last edited by Demiroquai; 09/12/2011 at 02:52 PM.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    Quote Originally Posted by redraptor View Post
    once WiFi and the market gets up and running, you can download an app that takes the hardware buttons and maps them to the touchpad. Sorta like honeycomb.
    Will Google ever allow these devices to be activated in the catalog?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondocksaint187 View Post
    Yeah. Don't dl. You're going to be Very sad.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Will Google ever allow these devices to be activated in the catalog?
    Google won't, but that doesn't mean anything. The devs will though.

Edit: I just tried to swipe to close this... Lol
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    Google won't, but that doesn't mean anything. The devs will though.

Edit: I just tried to swipe to close this... Lol
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Lofl

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
    If CM7 comes out will Flash work in the browser? Otherwise this will be next to useless for me.
    Yes bajingo, android supports flash and that newer adobe thing..I think they call it "adobe air" and silverlight is also available if you use the opera browser
    jfoster193 likes this.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Looks like Android runs better on the touchpad than the OS it was designed for. Things are looking really good.

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Looks like Android runs better on the touchpad than the OS it was designed for. Things are looking really good.

I'm amazed. That looks so sick. I cannot believe how they managed to pull this off in such
    a short time.

HP should have ditched webOS, put Android on all Touchpads, and sell them for $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I'm amazed. That looks so sick. I cannot believe how they managed to pull this off in such
    a short time.

HP should have ditched webOS, put Android on all Touchpads, and sell them for $300.
    Maybe they just should've put a little more effort into getting a foot hold into the market and not hiring a buffoon for CEO. Maybe they could have also givin the touchpad enough time to gain some ground. They could've also givin the pre 3 a proper launch in the states. I do agree that they should've sold the touchpads at cost from the start to gain market share which would also bring down manufacturing cost once they started to do more volume.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Maybe they just should've put a little more effort into getting a foot hold into the market and not hiring a buffoon for CEO. Maybe they could have also givin the touchpad enough time to gain some ground. They could've also givin the pre 3 a proper launch in the states. I do agree that they should've sold the touchpads at cost from the start to gain market share which would also bring down manufacturing cost once they started to do more volume.
    There is nothing that could have been done just like the blackberry plackbook. WebOS is just too slow and annoying to use. Its been slow since the day Palm launched it over 2 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    There is nothing that could have been done just like the blackberry plackbook. WebOS is just too slow and annoying to use. Its been slow since the day Palm launched it over 2 years ago.
    What are you talking about? My touchpad is not slow in the least. I had a few issues before the update but all in all nothing that would make me think that android is far superior. Case in point my Evo 3d had quite a few issues before I was able to ditch the stock rom and move on to something better.

I'll take webOS over android anyday. I really hope google ups there game with ICS because they still have a ways to go as far UI and notifications.
    Maybe you should time some of your apps to see how long it takes for them to actually load to a usable state. Just because you see a splash screen does not mean that the app is ready to go. No system is perfect, each has it's flaws. I for one hate the email apps on android, they are all missing key options. I mean how hard is it to put the same basic options in your gmail for phones as you have on your pc version?

Why won't gmail enable double tap resizing or pinch to zoom in their mobile gmail app?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Maybe you are just use to waiting for things to load and lag as a WebOS user. I find it slow and I did all those patches and overclocks. I have to wait almost 10 seconds for a crappy pdf reader just to load. My netbook would load adobe acrobat in a second. I have the Evo 3D and I thought I could use the touchpad for some books that I have. I was wrong since the one ereader does not work with them but the same books load fine on the evo using the reader that it came with.

Even some of the comments on youtube are wondering how Android runs so much faster than WebOS on the touchpad. With webOS on the touchpad I find the device useless.
    The comments on the video also state:

"As you can see, several new features have been added and are in-progress. These include wifi, accelerometer, and work-in-progress sound. (This demo uses only a single core and the "mediaserver" program is using 50% of that, which it shouldn't.)"

I can only imagine how slick this is going to be once they iron out the bugs and give the rest of the CPU a go.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This looks great - looks very fast compared to WebOS - I think however I will hold out for icecream sandwich.
    Someone told me this thing scores 2700 on quadrant -- that's kind of nuts if it's true.
    Looks like it is making progress, I'm impressed, and I could even see dual booting anything that provide something of use?

I love innovation and appreciate what they are doing, but so far nothing can't live without. Maybe some day Android will have an option that I need...so far umm!

Either way, KEEP THE UPDATES and Video Links coming...love checking things out! Thanks, Sorli...
    I'm not impressed by android just saying. The elegance of webOS is just too beautiful. Android is garbage.
    Can't wait

sent from my thunderbolt