Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Semi working Alpha version of Android for the masses hits Touchpad

Semi-working build of 2.3.5 on the HP TouchPad - DUMP / Instructions

Be warned. It's from the Touchdroid group. Not a lot works. You may want to wait for a CyanogenMod team version.
    Thanks for the good news....

I'll wait for Honeycomb, but I guess that'll be a long wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post

Honeycomb is never going to open source. Ice Cream Sandwich will be though.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post

Ice cream sandwich is more likely to come.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    How to install Android on your Touchpad.

Again, you may want to wait for a stable release. There's not a lot that works.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I am waiting for CM 7.
    On screen buttons are working.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdalek View Post
    I agree with 9KRacing. This is a WebOS site and it is supposed to be used to discuss WebOS, not how close we are from not using it anymore. HP has said that they will continue to support the software and the awesome developers here will continue to work with it.
    Don't get me wrong I love Android and may even try to port it over when it becomes available, that is getting less and less likely the longer that I have my TP. If I want the latest Android news I will go to Android Central. Why can't we just be happy with the OS we have on our TP because IMHO, not counting the Apps in the Android market, WebOS is a better tablet OS than Honeycomb.

Sorry about the rant.
    Are these same discussions on Android Central? Why are people making threads about Android on a webOS dedicated site?

I don't really care either way about the latest news about porting Android over, i just don't see why it's on precentral.net
    Because it's being ported to a webOS tablet.
  9. c2q
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Well it seems that you can brick your tablet if you attempt to install android onto it. Is it even worth it then? Is it an irrecoverable bricking?
    Quote Originally Posted by c2q View Post
    Well it seems that you can brick your tablet if you attempt to install android onto it. Is it even worth it then? Is it an irrecoverable bricking?
    Don't install android yet - the current build is pre-alpha and more or less unusable.

Wait on a proper cm release and enjoy without fear ;p.

As for bricking, I seriously wouldn't worry about it. There's virtually nothing you can't fix with a trip to the webos doctor. I'm certain the "proper" release will be a fairly painless install, especially since some of the webos's top devs are collaborating on it.

I have faith in these guys putting out an amazing product, simple as that.
    I'm waiting for the go ahead from a top webos homebrew developer before I try it.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Just saw on rootzwiki, that the CM7 team have wifi almost completely finished. But they still need to do a lot of work on audio and video.
    It works. It boots and shows the screen. One thing is that you don't have hardware buttons mapped to the back, menu and home buttons, so, there's no way to go back from an app unless you run a command to go back.

Also, there's no way to dual boot at the moment.

Think of it just as a proof of concept instead of a full working installation.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Looks like the guys over at XDA have multi touch enabled.

Multitouch Enabled for HP Touchpad Sporting 2.3.5 | xda-developers
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    vella_ likes this.
    Am I the only one that is not really excited about this? WebOS is fine for me tho! I like have the market has plenty of apps over WebOS.
    Last edited by aziatiklover; 09/12/2011 at 12:40 PM.
    once WiFi and the market gets up and running, you can download an app that takes the hardware buttons and maps them to the touchpad. Sorta like honeycomb.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    Am I the only one that is not really excited about this? WebOS is fine for me when tho I like have the market has plenty of apps over WebOS.
    Nope I'm with you. So far I like webOS although out of the box it does need tweaking.

I did get the 32gb version so I'm open to a dual boot option but not sure if android will be for me.
    there was actually an article in the boston globe today about someone who was working on this project. short article but interesting to see it making the paper.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    For myself I am not going to change if its android 2.3.

Will wait for ICS at least and by then we may see android apps possible within webOS through an emulator if what I have read in several places that HP webOS team are working on it.

To be honest I like webOS UI much more than android but it would be nice to have widgets on the screen as well.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i might play around with it, provided there is a way to put webOS back on if i dont like it :P