Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by moasis View Post
    4B isn't going to happen! I'm a developer and I wouldn't bother learning a language that I knew was dead. I think a lot of you have the WEBOS 3.xxx and 2.xx confused. I'm sure it was cool on your Pre or Pixi or whatever but on a tablet, it's not cutting it. No argument there. I'm not whining about WEBOS because I gave up on it 3 days in and realized it is what it is.
    javascript is dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_wardy View Post
    With most tech and gadgets there are different types of consumers the main being users and hobbists, techies. These and others make the world go round.

I like webOS and bought a TP at launch. If I can get another cheap one I will, I may even put Andriod on one just to try it out, just to play with it and compare. I've used IOS devices but you never really know you have the right device system for you until you have truly tried others.

Let face it guys no one OS is the best they are different, people are different and different things suit different people, but unless you try how do you know?

The lower price gives options, that's not a bad thing.

I agree. My problem is with the newest posts about Android on this forum. I come here to learn about the TP running WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    javascript is dead?
    You know what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdalek View Post
    I agree. My problem is with the newest posts about Android on this forum. I come here to learn about the TP running WebOS.
    fair point it does say "webOS" tablets at the top
    You know what I mean.
    ...that you're obviously not a developer but play one in these forums.
    You know what I mean.
    No, we really don't. And neither do you. Any real developer would know what language WebOS is written in, and wouldn't have to "learn" it.

HTML and Javascript dead? Who knew!
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    Not enough with this attitude, too much FUD going around.
    It is a shame when a quite innocent post can get turned into such a debate / argument about who and what is best. Anyway I have my TP to use, enjoy and tinker with, no axe to grind. Technically this is a webOS page but I generally only read the post that I have an interest in.
    I for one would be very happy to have a dual boot TP. What's wrong with having the best of both worlds if it's possible? I dual boot my PC for Windows and Linux, does that make me a bad person? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    I for one would be very happy to have a dual boot TP. What's wrong with having the best of both worlds if it's possible? I dual boot my PC for Windows and Linux, does that make me a bad person? :P

Evil, pure evil.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    No, we really don't. And neither do you. Any real developer would know what language WebOS is written in, and wouldn't have to "learn" it.

HTML and Javascript dead? Who knew!
    Agreed, the key problem with his original post was "learning a language that is dead".
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Evil, pure evil.
    = : evil : (no spaces )
    Superjudge likes this.
    The idea of putting another OS on the Touchpad is fine.
    The problem is that people come on to this forum talking about how crappy the Touchpad and WebOS and how great life will be once Android comes. This may not be the view of the original poster, but there are those that feel this way.

Again I say if you hate WebOS and are only interested in the upcoming port go over to Android Central, which is an awesome site for Android news and discussions.
    un_designer and miasma113 like this.
    Who'd want to ruin a perfectly good TouchPad by putting Android on it?

I wonder if we could Port WebOS to another tablet...not at that price of course, but still, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Who'd want to ruin a perfectly good TouchPad by putting Android on it?

I wonder if we could Port WebOS to another tablet...not at that price of course, but still, lol
    The same type of people who would have their gold coins 'bronzed'
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Porting Android to TP can bring something good to webOS. CM team is working with Webos-Internals on discovering TP hardware features. Both OSes have Linux as common ground. Guys like CM team of Android, our own WebOS-internals or Saurik from IOS hacking elite, are aware of each others, they do communicate and when they can, they will share information.
    Porting is good thing. Annoying people with bragging how one OS is much better than other is bad.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    don't get all the hate on a dual boot option.
    If android can run slingplayer then you bet I'll install the dual boot and go into that when I need it.

and this thread is in the Touchpad forum, yes it's under webos but telling people to go to the android forum and talk about a webos product is quite the same.
    I'm a developer and I wouldn't bother learning a language that I knew was dead. I think a lot of you have the WEBOS 3.xxx and 2.xx confused. I'm sure it was cool on your Pre or Pixi or whatever but on a tablet, it's not cutting it. No argument there. I'm not whining about WEBOS because I gave up on it 3 days in and realized it is what it is.
    Cool. You like what you like. I like Android you like webOS.
    Two questions (OK, three questions) :
    1) Did you buy a Android tablet?
    2) Are you really a developer? (obviously not in any HTML or JavaScript world)
    3) How much have you sold in Android Apps? (tell the truth)

If you are, seems like your time would be better spent making money in your applications development on the Android platform instead of saving us sinners in this forum.

One more question: If you write an app for the Touchpad, can you let us know it's you and reference your comments in this thread? Please?

Thanks,

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    un_designer likes this.
    TP Hardware + WebOS + Android = $99 Winning
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Porting Android to TP can bring something good to webOS. CM team is working with Webos-Internals on discovering TP hardware features. Both OSes have Linux as common ground. Guys like CM team of Android, our own WebOS-internals or Saurik from IOS hacking elite, are aware of each others, they do communicate and when they can, they will share information.
    Porting is good thing. Annoying people with bragging how one OS is much better than other is bad.
    Which is why these types of post belong over in http://forums.androidcentral.com/ so that people who want Android can talk about Android, and people who want webOS can talk about webOS here.

Imagine how it would be if the reverse was in play... webOS is widely adopted and Android isn't. There's a cheap firesale of Android hardware, and a bunch of new people are all over the Android forums all excited about replacing the crappy Android with the awesome webOS on that cheap Android hardware.

Or, how about a bunch of people move into your neighborhood, buy up all the cheap homes, and then come over to your house to constantly talk about how they can't wait to tear down all the homes and replace them with some other, much better homes.

Sure, they're please to do so as since they paid for it. I don't really care. Just stop coming over to my house and telling me about it. Go talk about it with your friends, over at your own homes. I'm not interested in hearing about it. Is that so difficult to do?

There. Happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Which is why these types of post belong over in http://forums.androidcentral.com/ so that people who want Android can talk about Android, and people who want webOS can talk about webOS here.

Imagine how it would be if the reverse was in play... webOS is widely adopted and Android isn't. There's a cheap firesale of Android hardware, and a bunch of new people are all over the Android forums all excited about replacing the crappy Android with the awesome webOS on that cheap Android hardware.

Or, how about a bunch of people move into your neighborhood, buy up all the cheap homes, and then come over to your house to constantly talk about how they can't wait to tear down all the homes and replace them with some other, much better homes.

Sure, they're please to do so as since they paid for it. I don't really care. Just stop coming over to my house and telling me about it. Go talk about it with your friends, over at your own homes. I'm not interested in hearing about it. Is that so difficult to do?

There. Happy?
    No, I'm not happy and you are wrong

This is all part of TouchPad "globalization" and webOS community is now facing porting phenomena other communities have seen long time ago. Precentral can create separate TouchPad porting sub-forum and keep users here, or they can decide to keep this place webOS only, and redirect Android development to other forums. It's up to them. But its rude to bash people because they want to port Android to a device they own and they are discussing their efforts in forums related to this device, while owners of this place haven't made decision about this kind of posts.

Also, I've stated how porting can result with good things for webOS loyalists, and this is a fact. Now, much more skilled people is digging inside TP than two weeks ago when only a bunch of early adopters bought this thing.
    ohmytvc15 likes this.