Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes
    Is Wifi working yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post

Cyanogen releases a new video showing hardware acceleration and multitouch.
    If you notice, he also demonstrates that multitouch by going to the rootzwiki page - implying he also has wifi drivers up and working .
    With several different teams working on Android, we may see a beta sooner rather than later.
    With several different teams working on Android, we may see a beta sooner rather than later.

Once someone gets Android working on the Touchpad, how much is it going to cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    Once someone gets Android working on the Touchpad, how much is it going to cost?
    Free? User/ Team made flavors of Android appear for a lot of devices. I've never heard of anyone charging for it. They've always been free to the community. They may ask for a optional donation, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    If you notice, he also demonstrates that multitouch by going to the rootzwiki page - implying he also has wifi drivers up and working .
    Look closely. A little "No network" box pops up, and he dismisses it quickly. The web page is probably pulled from a local cache of some sort.
    Free? User/ Team made flavors of Android appear for a lot of devices. I've never heard of anyone charging for it. They've always been free to the community. They may ask for a optional donation, but that's about it.
    Free is good... that's like getting cash, which is as good as mony.

On the other hand, I wonder how many people here are willing to pay
    Google $10 for an official Android Honeycomb for Touchpad?
    Oh, wait... $10 times 1 miillion Touchpad owners... that's only 10 million
    dollars...(not even pocket change money for Google )
    Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    Look closely. A little "No network" box pops up, and he dismisses it quickly. The web page is probably pulled from a local cache of some sort.
    I saw it, but assumed it was just a bug - since everything appeared to be working properly (google was popped up as his homepage, and rootz came up as normal).

It seems odd that he'd go about adding cache files for websites so he could demonstrate multitouch on them. I guess it's not out of the realm of possible, but I think working wifi (nowifi warning notwithstanding) is pretty likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I saw it, but assumed it was just a bug - since everything appeared to be working properly (google was popped up as his homepage, and rootz came up as normal).

It seems odd that he'd go about adding cache files for websites so he could demonstrate multitouch on them. I guess it's not out of the realm of possible, but I think working wifi (nowifi warning notwithstanding) is pretty likely.
    He was connecting with USB pass through. It wasn't cached.

Working:
    -Android USB gadget with adb
    -LVM in Android
    -Touchscreen with multitouch
    -gfx acceleration
    -proper pixel format(color).
    -What doesn't work?
    Wifi does not work. Most devices secondary to the SoC(CPU, GPU, etc) have not been tested yet.
    Browsing CNET and an article was posted about 2 hours ago with video showing android 2.3.5 actually running with multiotuch support on a touchpad thanks to the team at touchdroid. Very exciting news for the people who bought a touchpad for this reason.

HP TouchPad screen can now support Android | Digital Media - CNET News
    Lol, it's really not even close to being fully functional. There's so many missing drivers it's not even funny. Will they eventually get it working? Probably. But I could go a day or two without another thread being posted about how "close" someone is to getting Gingerbread (a NON tablet optimized OS) running on the touchpad.

Seriously... who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Lol, it's really not even close to being fully functional. There's so many missing drivers it's not even funny. Will they eventually get it working? Probably. But I could go a day or two without another thread being posted about how "close" someone is to getting Gingerbread (a NON tablet optimized OS) running on the touchpad.

Seriously... who cares.
    I care. Gingerbread wasn't built from the ground up for tablets, but has been optimized successfully on several tablets out of the box. The Vizio and HTC Flyer come to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by moasis View Post
    I care! WEBOS is getting on my nerves. You know why I love Android........because I ask myself about once a week "I wonder if Android can do this" and 9 times out of 10 it can. With WEBOS, there is no reason asking cause it probably can't.
    So buy an android tablet and sell your TouchPad to someone who likes webOS, whats the big deal? Plenty of webOS lovers...
    local.bin and vanzanthp like this.

Seriously... who cares.
    I CARE. I am looking forward to Dual booting, webos for casual toying around, and android for the apps that are missing/will never be ported... Yes I know there may be workarounds but its still nice to have the CHOICE...
    uh60james likes this.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Seriously... who cares.
    First they are quite far in the development of it, only a few drivers are needed for a BETA test. I'm thinking a month or so until we can get our own BETA on it.

and Im not much for droid, I have grown accustom to WebOS but im not sure how much further WebOS will go, I will wait until HP gives me some news about WebOS if they sold it, of they are going to keep it going with there new division.

but a touchdroid, for the price of $99 or $149 with a guts inside that the TP already has, would be Freaking sweet.
    I agree with 9KRacing. This is a WebOS site and it is supposed to be used to discuss WebOS, not how close we are from not using it anymore. HP has said that they will continue to support the software and the awesome developers here will continue to work with it.
    Don't get me wrong I love Android and may even try to port it over when it becomes available, that is getting less and less likely the longer that I have my TP. If I want the latest Android news I will go to Android Central. Why can't we just be happy with the OS we have on our TP because IMHO, not counting the Apps in the Android market, WebOS is a better tablet OS than Honeycomb.

Sorry about the rant.
    I care. Gingerbread wasn't built from the ground up for tablets, but has been optimized successfully on several tablets out of the box. The Vizio and HTC Flyer come to mind.
    And those were stellar examples of tablets?
    noktomezo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdalek View Post
    And those were stellar examples of tablets?
    Heh, that's what I was going to post, but I figured it was self evident
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    So buy an android tablet and sell your TouchPad to someone who likes webOS, whats the big deal? Plenty of webOS lovers...

well he could have an android tablet for $99 or $149 in a few months if he waits, which I know a lot of my friends got the TouchPad for that reason, me on the other hand, I'm Still up in the air, I will see how WebOS works this year with updates, app store, and whatever else HP wants to do with it, and what not and go from there, if it stinks then TouchDroid here I come!
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
    Heh, that's what I was going to post, but I figured it was self evident
    Actually, they are. Have you used them? If not, you're not seeing the whole picture and hiding behind the need to defend WebOS and the Touchpad. The first comment you typed to the original poster was ignorance at its finest. It was unnecessary. People do care and now you're in the minority.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.