View Single Post
Old 01/05/2013, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Based on the work Abyssul did here: [Patch] SMS/IM Vibrate Extension I have built a new patch.

This patch at its most basic enables a 2 second vibrate on SMS... but the cool thing is that it will check to see if it should Vibrate. What I mean is if you, in the sound preferences screen, have the phone set not to vibrate then it won't. Or (more importantly to me) if you are on a call it won't vibrate. This was the biggest issue I had with Abyssul's original patch.

Also, I have added tweaks integration. What this means is that you can change the length or pattern of the alert using tweaks. (see this post for a better explanation of the settings: [Patch] SMS Vibrate w/ Tweaks Support)

The phone still makes the normal SMS vibrate before using this patch. If that bothers enough people I can change it, but it doesn't bother me enough to fix it. I have submitted the patch to Preware (first patch! ) so you can get it there soon. I have only tested this patch on an ATT and VZW Pre3 running 2.2.4. It might work on other phones too, but no promises, so please install this patch at your own risk!

I spent quite a bit of time on this (mostly because I had to teach myself how to write a patch), if you like this patch and it helps you, a small (or large) donation would definitely encourage me work on more patches!

Donate!

Please let me know if you have any problems with the patch on Pre3's... If you have problems with it on other WebOS phones I'll try my best to help, but as I only have Pre3s that's the only WebOS phone I claim this patch will work on (although, it should work on the Veer and Pre2... I think).

Also, I would think this goes without saying, but you must uninstall Abyssul's patch first

{Edit}Currently the patch can only be installed on WebOS 2.2.4 from Preware. I have attached the patch and tweaks file to this post if you would like to try it on your own. The .patch file can be installed with WebOSQuick Install. The .json file must be sent with WebOS quick install to the following directory if you want to enable tweaks support: "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/org.webosinternals.tweaks.prefs/preferences"
Attached Files
File Type: zip smsvibrate.zip (1.4 KB, 21 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by nickpl; 01/16/2013 at 09:32 PM.
nickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by CptOx, hfeb, netwrkr9, Rnp, ulmens